Best Deluxe Resort?

SpaceMountainK

I absolutely love EPCOT and HOLLYWOOD STUDIOS, so I fell for the location of the Beach Club. True it doesn't have a whole lot of Disney feel to it, but it was fantastic nonetheless. I felt like I was right smack dab in the middle of everything. Not to mention the pool/hot tubs and beach. :D

RMichael21

Grand Floridian! The theme is beautiful and it's really nice to stay at a monorail resort and be able to watch Wishes and the Water Pageant from your balcony. The Sago Cay theme park view rooms are the best views of the lagoon/MK that you could get at GF and possibly any monorail resort.

mammaminnie

That is a toss up for me! I love the EPCOT resorts (BC, BW specifically) because of their proximity to my favorite park, but GF is also very high on the list. Ironically, unlike many people, the Poly has never been one of my favorites....can't pinpoint why.

Scott10

Having only stayed at the Wilderness Lodge and Animal Kingdom Lodge, I would have to say I loved the feel of WL the moment we walked into the lobby. The boat ride to MK and the Electrical Water Pageant were really nice as well. However, there is something to be said for waking up to a Giraffe right out side your balcony window as well!
I would love to stay at the Contemporary with a MK view room as well as the Grand Floridian someday. It would be awesome to be on the monorail loop.

jlsHouston

I sadly don't have a favorite deluxe resort. I probably was most unhappy with my room location at BWI last summer, but at Thanksgiving we stayed in a studio on the DVC side and I was perfectly happy. I love the clown pool, the pool bar, the food, the location, the lobby, the CMS are awesome at BWI.
I hate the WIFI issues at AKL but I love that resort and the dining and the pool and service from the CM's.
WL is my most peaceful relaxing favorite.
I loved BC for everything : location, dining, room decor, WiFi, pool....
Love POLY because it's the POLY, but staying away until the construction is over because I don't like construction zones.
Haven't stayed at CR but stayed at BLT and love those resorts and dining and pools.
Recently stayed at SSR and was really impressed. Great pools, nice rooms, nice lobby, nice people, great dining, close to DtD. The downside is the buses at the parks don't circle enough for this resort IMO, but hardly had much of a wait at the resort bus stops when headed to parks.
Fixing to try the GF in 3 weeks and of course I know I will love it because....well I just know what I love and I will love the GF...maybe it will become my favorite.

HouCuseChickie

I think it all boils down to personal preferences. The Contemporary is my favorite, but BWI would be my top choice if I wanted to stay Epcot area. I'm no clown fan, yet I was shocked that Luna Park didn't bother me in person. AKL would be my 3rd choice- farther from the parks and smaller rooms, but so relaxing to step out on your balcony and watch the animals.

Magenta Panther

Aw, I like THIS clown:

th

Hockey89

I absolutely love EPCOT and HOLLYWOOD STUDIOS, so I fell for the location of the Beach Club. True it doesn't have a whole lot of Disney feel to it, but it was fantastic nonetheless. I felt like I was right smack dab in the middle of everything. Not to mention the pool/hot tubs and beach. :D
This...For sure..... Walk to both and don't have to worry about buses....

I do love Animal Kingdom too but too far from everything.... Wilderson lodge is great but I don't got to the MK more than once a trip....

Location location location

squidward

Boardwalk is an excellent choice because of location, however, bus service to Magic Kingdom and DTD can be painfully slow.

If the Poly wasn't a construction site, that would be my pick. But since it is, I'd go with the Grand Floridian.

Hockey89

Boardwalk is an excellent choice because of location, however, bus service to Magic Kingdom and DTD can be painfully slow.

If the Poly wasn't a construction site, that would be my pick. But since it is, I'd go with the Grand Floridian.
That is true.... I usually just go to MK and AK once so I take a cab...Rest of the time I just walk between MGM, Board walk area and Epcot... Will be there at the end of sept!

laxchik18

Wilderness Lodge is definitely my favorite. The theme is so much fun and the boat to MK is great. It's just so cozy an relaxing while you also still feel like youre at Disney world. Great counter service and the DVC villas are close to the main lobby which is nice.

The Incredible Schmulk

My favorite is Boardwalk. We go during Food and Wine, and when you're at the Boardwalk, "home" is literally right outside of the UK pavilion. So, that's a huge plus. On top of that, there's nighttime entertainment, a dueling pianos bar, a sports bar, a relaxing lounge, a signature restaurant, a casual restaurant, a brewery and arguably the best bakery in WDW all within the same resort and all located on a the same scenic lakeside walk.

The tourist-vomiting clown head waterslide is just the icing on the Boardwalk Bakery cake, as far as I'm concerned.

Shout out to Animal Kingdom Lodge for animals and stuff.

king county beast15

My mom and I are currently planning our final Disney trip before we move away from Orlando! *gasp*
Anyways, we are still debating on which hotel to book, but we know we want to stay in one of the Deluxe ones. Which do you think is the best? (And won't have construction going on near the end of this month)
Hands down Animal Kingdom Lodge is the Best, the location isn't the greatest , but the resort itself is amazing. I went one time with my family here and that trip happened to be the hardest one to leave in over 10 years! The only downside, other than location in my opinion is that you never want to leave the resort and go to the parks. The resort itself is so relaxing! And their restraunts are the best any resort on property can offer .

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom