Best Deluxe Resort?

l4dybu6

Original Poster
My mom and I are currently planning our final Disney trip before we move away from Orlando! *gasp*
Anyways, we are still debating on which hotel to book, but we know we want to stay in one of the Deluxe ones. Which do you think is the best? (And won't have construction going on near the end of this month)

slappy magoo

If you're planning a trip for the end of July, I sadly suspect the answer ought to be "wherever you can find an occupancy."

Well-meaning snark out of the way, there are many I'd want to stay in were money no object. I've never been that big a fan of the Poly but it's a moot point anyway because construction will most definitely be occurring until next year. Animal Kingdom is on a whole nother level of awesome IMHO, but the drawback is its distance to most other things at The World. I did enjoy Wilderness Lodge as well, can't really think of a bad thing to say about that. Grand Floridian, out of my price range, now that they have DVC units I might be able to arrange something. Boardwalk I like, my wife doesn't, and we both don't like the lack of a decent food court. Beach Club, the rooms do nothing for me, but the location is nice and the pool is awesome. Yacht Club, same deal, though I like the rooms a little more, even though they feel less "Disney-ish" to me. I don't know if you include Old Key West or Saratoga Springs as "Deluxe" resorts, I prefer SSR over OKW, but the resort we'll be staying at next and I keep trying to get to when we book a trip is Bay Lake Tower at Contemporary resort. We get a 1BR unit so size is decent and the extra bathroom is a big plus (studio units only have 1 bathroom and are amongst the smallest rooms in any DVC unit). Location is great, you have all the amenities of Contemporary right there plus a monorail ride to Poly & GF for meal reservations, plus boat rides to Wilderness Lodge & Fort WIlderness. Contemporary or BLT would be my vote.

psukardi

I've said it before & I'll say it again. It depends!

It depends on how many people are in your party. It depends on what your goals of the trip are. It depends on what you like to do.

See yourself spending a lot of time @ the World Showcase getting your grub or drink on? Then Beach Club is the way to go IMO. Rooms are nice and it's a really short walk to EPCOT which is nice for those park-hopper days where you want to grab a pint to finish the night off.

Want to spend a lot of time @ the resort? I'd say the GF is the way to go. Mizers is my favorite of the bars @ the resorts due to the music in the background, the friendliness of the staff and the overall vibe.

Want to be away from everyone & have some cool views? Then AK is probably where you want to be.

It all depends on what you're looking for.

Minthorne

Overall as an adult I'm torn between Polynesian (atmosphere and Location), Contemporary (Location and Views) and Beach Club (location and Pool)

Since the Poly main building and pool is under renovation it sounds like that's out for you. So I'd look for the other 2 - but I fear slappy is most likely right and a sanely priced room will be hard to find.

Now if you are rich and staying in the presidential suite and need a tour guide I'd be happy to come along!

Lord_Vader

Join me, together we can rule the galaxy.
My preference for Deluxe in order:

BWI (Charming, NJ style resort with fantastic BW views for early morning/evening relaxing on the patios)
AKL (Far out but WOW on the morning/evening savannah views)
YC/BC (Same reasons for BWI but with a better pool but less charming to us, I prefer YC over BC)
Poly (Construction zone though UGH)

totaldisneygirl

If you're going deluxe, I think it'd be awesome to take advantage of the monorail system. Personally, I LOVE the Contemporary because of it's proximity to MK and because of the easiness of the monorail. The Grand Floridian is beautiful too and just as convenient if you prefer its elegance and theming. If you don't care much about the Monorail, then I would go to the Wilderness Lodge although I think they have construction going on right now. They have the ferry boat system which makes transportation anywhere very, very easy!

Personally love the beach club because of its location and is within walking distance of Epcot and studios. But I also love the Wilderness Lodge because it's only a boat ride away from MK but I think there could be building work going on. But have a look on Disney's website and look at the resort photos.

awheartsdw

If you're going deluxe, I think it'd be awesome to take advantage of the monorail system. Personally, I LOVE the Contemporary because of it's proximity to MK and because of the easiness of the monorail. The Grand Floridian is beautiful too and just as convenient if you prefer its elegance and theming. If you don't care much about the Monorail, then I would go to the Wilderness Lodge although I think they have construction going on right now. They have the ferry boat system which makes transportation anywhere very, very easy!
We will be at the Contemporary in 19 days! Have a great time!

mickey2008.1

I never thought I would say this, but Grand Floridian is the best. Service was amazing. The views and amenities great! We thought this would be a stuffy place, but not what so ever. Would not stay at poly with current construction. CTR is cool, but just does not have that wow factor. Beach club has the location, just not the MK.

jcldtrek

i really loved the Wilderness Lodge when we stayed there. Loved the theming and bus service or boat service was great. Polynesian is also a great place as well. Rooms are beautiful and views are amazing. Another plus is its hooked to the monorail.

Like people have been saying it depends on where/what you want. Obviously any of the monorail places are great for location with MK, but some may not need that proximity. Personally the Poly has always been my favorite, but the theme/location/past experiences can all affect the selection for best hotel. I feel if I I hadn't stayed at the Polynesian when I was younger I may like another hotel. Can get very difficult to compare the hotels within the deluxe category.

KingdomofDreams

Resort preference is a personal thing. Different people have different tastes and priorities. AKL is a gorgeous resort with the best theming on property imo. If being close to Epcot was important, I'd stay Beach Club. If I needed to be close to MK, I'd stay GF if I could afford it with 2nd choice going to Contemporary. Poly would be out strictly due to all the construction and I'd hesitate about Wilderness Lodge because I understand there's some construction currently going on there as well.

Pick145

For an all out treat of a vacation, I would have the grand floridian. Poly is fantastic for fireworks and is an easy walk from GF. You can unwind at the end of the day listening to the pianist and GF band in the lobby, and everything is so elegant, you feel like a somebody when you get off the monorail there. Without Poly in the mix because of construction, Wilderness Lodge is also a great choice. All three hotels are so very close in my personal ranking. Downside of Wilderness Lodge is the lack of the monorail for Epcot and MK, but it is a beautiful resort.

DisneyDebNJ

Every time this question is asked, I give the same answer.... The Polynesian... But, one small word... *construction*.. (I will experience this first hand in October, but plan to make the best of it :) ) I was not a fan of GF, but do love the restaurants there. For an adult trip, I would pick that for an MK resort.
If you will be at Epcot alot, I would suggest the Yacht Club. Two words... stormalong bay :) sorry, the clown pool at Boardwalk Inn scares me LOL

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom