Best day for food and wine

Gerdon

Hi, food and wine Will be on when we are there this year. never been before so really don't know what to expect but with the changes in the dining plan giving two snacks per day I reckon I'm going to have a fistful of of them left over.

Anyway, we are there for the first week of it and looking at the days I was thinking of going either first or second day. Are these notoriously busy? I hear the weekends are crazy and the first Monday is, I think labour day. Which would you do?

jaklgreen

I think because of the holiday and opening weekend of F&WF, it will be busy. So I would get there early, right at 11am when world showcase opens to enjoy some of the food booths. The crowd steadily climbs throughout the day. Try going on a weekday instead of the weekend if possible. There is so much more to the F&WF then just the food booths. There is the festival center that has different food and drink seminars daily(for a small fee). Plus a chocolate sculpture exhibit and a small gift shop. Many celebrity chefs come and do the seminars and have book signings. They also have signature food events throughout WDW at different restaurants. Also the mini concerts that bring in some big names. The Disney food blog has all of the information on everything F&WF. You can check them out and see what they had in past years to get an idea of what you might like to do.

Upvote 0

Gerdon

Original Poster
I think because of the holiday and opening weekend of F&WF, it will be busy. So I would get there early, right at 11am when world showcase opens to enjoy some of the food booths. The crowd steadily climbs throughout the day. Try going on a weekday instead of the weekend if possible. There is so much more to the F&WF then just the food booths. There is the festival center that has different food and drink seminars daily(for a small fee). Plus a chocolate sculpture exhibit and a small gift shop. Many celebrity chefs come and do the seminars and have book signings. They also have signature food events throughout WDW at different restaurants. Also the mini concerts that bring in some big names. The Disney food blog has all of the information on everything F&WF. You can check them out and see what they had in past years to get an idea of what you might like to do.

I think I'll schedule in the Thursday or Friday, don't like the look of the weekend. Would labour day be busy?

Upvote 0

Roknrollrghostr

Are you there on the 30th of August? The official first day is the 31st, but in the past I know they've done a "preview" day the day before with really short lines because no one knows it's going on. Kind of like a soft open. We hit almost all the booths with barely anyone in front of us. It might be worth checking out. Otherwise a non-holiday weekday right at open is definitely your best bet. Avoid Friday nights and weekends!

Upvote 0

Gerdon

Original Poster
Are you there on the 30th of August? The official first day is the 31st, but in the past I know they've done a "preview" day the day before with really short lines because no one knows it's going on. Kind of like a soft open. We hit almost all the booths with barely anyone in front of us. It might be worth checking out. Otherwise a non-holiday weekday right at open is definitely your best bet. Avoid Friday nights and weekends!

We could be there that day, Haven't committed to anything. Is there anyway way of finding out on advance or just turn up on the day

Upvote 0

Roknrollrghostr

It's not an officially announced thing, I think it's technically cast member previews. They don't always have everything that will be available for the full festival and it doesn't always run the same hours as the normal food & wine festival. I think the year we were there it opened later in the afternoon. I certainly do not have any insider information and I don't know if it's something they even still do. But if you are going to be near Epcot anyway it might be worth taking a peek.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom