Best Character Meals

Justin Walker

Original Poster
I am planning a 10 day Disney trip for Feb with my wife and our 4 year old daughter. I would like to do 2 or 3 character meals (like 2 dinners and a breakfast most likely). Which ones would you chose and why?
We will have park hopper tickets and plan to visit all 4 parks so it doesn't matter where. We are staying off site, but totally wouldn't mind going to a resort restaurant. (I would like to see some of the resorts, as I have never stayed at any of them.)

We ate at Crystal Palace 2 years ago for our previous 1 day only visit, so we don't want to do that one again, and Cinderella's Royal Table to just more $$$$ than I can stomach for a meal, so we won't be doing either of those.

Suggestions are appreciated!

Andy_0410

Chef mickeys is fun for the kids but the food isn't anywhere near as good as other places. Only other two I have been to is crystal palace like yourself and garden grill in Epcot which I liked a lot but I do love Pluto and chip and dale

RememberWhen

If your child likes princesses try Akershus in Norway in Epcot.
Also in Epcot we like the Garden Grill. You get to meet farmer Mickey, Pluto and chip and dale. Our best character interactions have been here.
Our favorite might be tusker house in the animal kingdom. Interesting food and fun characters.
A non-traditional character meal (it's not really characters at all, but it so fun!) Is hoop-Dee-Doo at Fort wilderness
We are going with our 4 year old son and will be eating at:
Akershus in epcot (breakfast)
Cinderella's table in MK (breakfast)
Garden Grill in Epcot (lunch)
Cape May Cafe at the beach club (breakfast)
Tusker house at AK (dinner)
We're also doing hoop-Dee-doo. It's a really fun show.

Good luck making your choices!

Figgy1

Premium Member
Hands down Tusker House Mickey,Donald, Daisy and Goofy are just so much fun and they are so many food choices even the pickiest of eaters will find something they love! I love the safari gear!
IMG_1256.JPG
IMG_1279.JPG

Schneewittchen

I can vouch for Crystal Palace at MK, Chef Mickey's at the Contemporary, Akershus at EPCOT and Mickey's Backyard BBQ at Ft. Wilderness. My 4 year old daughter and 6 year old son love both.

We avoid waiting in meet and great lines with all of these meals. If your daughter is a princess fiend, Akershus is a must.

For a different sort of interaction, Mickey's Backyard BBQ is great. The kids actually get to dance with the characters.

21stamps

Same reply as I always give to these questions..

Ohana Breakfast!!!

Last trip the character meals we did are-
Ohana.
Crystal Palace.
BOG.
Tusker House.
H&V Disney Junior F! Package.
Garden Grill.

This year's character meals we are doing-
Ohana.
Chef Mickey.
H&V Minnie's Holiday Dine
Garden Grill.
(We are skipping AK, otherwise Tusker House would have made the list again)

For characters I'd say that H&V, Ohana and Garden Grill were a tie. Ohana wins just because it's Stitch, and the juice ;)

Tusker House and Garden Grill had the best food. But really I'm there for the characters, all of the food is basically fine. I do prefer family style to buffet, so that's personal preference.

Justin Walker

Original Poster
I was considering doing the Fantasmic Package at H&V with Minnie's dining as well. Is Fantasmic worth the extra cost? We are going in Feb, at what should be a less busy time so will i need the package to be able to get a seat for Fantasmic?

Figgy1

Premium Member
I was considering doing the Fantasmic Package at H&V with Minnie's dining as well. Is Fantasmic worth the extra cost? We are going in Feb, at what should be a less busy time so will i need the package to be able to get a seat for Fantasmic?
I would because you get seating in the center section.

tor29c

I would highly recommend 1900 Park Fare for dinner. Cinderella, her prince, step-mother, and step-sisters. The best character interaction I have ever had was with Drizella! So much fun!

danyoung56

I definitely think Tusker House is one we will do. Animal Kingdom is the only park I have never visited before.

If you do Tusker House, try to get a reservation BEFORE the park opens. They usually open it an hour before park open. You can enjoy a nice meal, spend time with Mickey & friends, and be ahead of the rope drop crowd. Plus you have a nice walk through a totally empty Animal Kingdom - pure Disney magic!

21stamps

In my opinion it's totally worth it. Not only for the location, but because you don't have to arrive as early as everyone else.
We rode ToT back to back to back- 5 times- while everyone was heading to Fantasmic. We arrived maybe 10 minutes before the show started, if that. 2nd row center section.

Kate Alan

I don't have kids, but was really impressed with Akershus when I went. There are princesses galore which is perfect for little girls (assuming your kid is into them) and they led the kids around in this little procession in the restaurant, which they all had a ton of fun with.

Chef Mickey's I would definitely recommend for the character aspect, but would caution to do breakfast only with that one - did dinner there and it was absolutely vile.

Minnie's Hollywood & Vine was great when we went in December. I know that H&V had a poor food reputation in the past but it looks like they spruced the menu considerably - everything we ate was great. We're going again this October.

popcenturylover

We absolutely love Akershus for breakfast! We also enjoyed Crystal Palace for breakfast, (breakfast lasagna, YUM!) Chef Mickey' s for dinner(our first dinner here wasn't that great but, we went back on our last trip & it was excellent!) & last but, not least 1900 Park Fare.(Strawberry soup, so good!)

Clarissa McDaniel

Since you don't want to do Crystal Palace again, Garden Grill and Chef Mickey's. Love Crystal Palace for a character breakfast though. Especially if you can get an early reservation that gets you into MK before it opens. It's awesome to walk down Main Street without the crowds.

yedliW

If you do Tusker House, try to get a reservation BEFORE the park opens. They usually open it an hour before park open. You can enjoy a nice meal, spend time with Mickey & friends, and be ahead of the rope drop crowd. Plus you have a nice walk through a totally empty Animal Kingdom - pure Disney magic!

We did the opposite of this, we had a dinner at 6 on a day the park closed at 6. It let us walk though an empty park after dark, before they stayed open late, it was cool to see the tree lit up.

Another vote here for Ohana breakfast. good food and fun interactions.

We are also fans of Garden Grille for breakfast as well.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom