Best Character Experience

Figgy1

Original Poster
100_0787.JPG
100_0790.JPG
100_0779.JPG
Now that I'm learning to upload pictures I'm finally going to post some more. Now to today's topic best character experience. As some of you might know ours was back in June of 2011 when we met Flynn it was our favorite character interaction. What was your? Please post pics if you have them.
100_0774.JPG
100_0775.JPG
100_0776.JPG
100_0778.JPG

rsoxguy

Sorry, no pictures. About 18 years ago my very young daughter met her first character at EPCOT. She was somewhere between 2-3 years old. She started laughing for no reason and found herself completely in love with the idea of a huge foam-headed person standing in front of her. I don't even remember the character, and I didn't have a camera with me, but I'll never lose the mental image of my little kid laughing so happily. Yeah, WDW carries a lot of good memories.

lebeau

So many to choose from. I'm going to go with my favorite experience from our last trip.

We had just finished a nearly perfect day at the Magic Kingdom. After a couple of failed attempts, we were able to sneak into a soft opening of the Fantasyland Expansion. It was a thrill to get a sneak peek. But the park was closing early for Mickey's not so Scary Halloween Party and we had dinner reservations at Chef Mickey's.

We made it to our reservations a little late. We were all tired, but it had been a great day. So we were ready to unwind and enjoy a decent meal with Mickey and the gang. When we were seated, the room was full of characters. The waiter explained that we had missed them all. Pluto would be by in 10 minutes so we should take our time loading up our plates.

But someone made a special stop at our table before leaving the room.

DisneyVacationPics579.jpg

Since I wasn’t expecting him to stop by our table, I was completely unprepared for Donald Duck. So I scambled to get the autograph books ready, grab my camera, remove the lens cap, find the pens, etc.
Donald leaned on our table and started tapping his fingers impatiently. The girls thought this was hysterical.

DisneyVacationPics584.jpg

After Donald left our table, we had just enough time to grab some food before Pluto arrived. Josie has a Pluto pen which always gets a big reaction out of the big yellow dog. But this time, Pluto launched into a very excited dance when he saw his face on the pen.

DisneyVacationPics585.jpg

After Pluto came Minnie Mouse who made a small fuss over Kara’s Minnie Mouse dress.

DisneyVacationPics589.jpg

After Minnie, we saw Chef Mickey himself. He was cracking the girls up. He kept getting their noses. Since they were tired and slap happy, they laughed their heads off every time.

DisneyVacationPics592.jpg

Mickey seemed to be loving the response because he just kept getting them over and over.

DisneyVacationPics593.jpg

And last but not least, Goofy stopped by our table. Having met the Fab 5, we started to settle into our meals. I put away the autograh books and focused on eating. The girls were having fun making their own sundaes and I had a little sampler plate of desserts. The clear winner in my opinion was the carrot cake. Yum!

DisneyVacationPics596.jpg

Then who should come back to our table but Donald Duck. This was totally unexpected. I had packed everything up! I scrambled to pull out my camera for some more pictures. But once again, the duck had caught me unprepared.

I apologized to Donald for keeping him waiting a second time. He pointed to his eyes and then to me. He was keeping an eye on me! Donald Duck had put me on notice.

DisneyVacationPics595.jpg

We had a lot of meet and greets this trip. But Donald was the star. He had us rolling at Chef Mickey’s.

You can read the whole trip report here.

Emilily

Recently, Peter Pan has became my favorite character. I'm at the time in my life where I'm having to make decisions for my future, and "grow up". It scares me, and I've taken comfort in his story. Last week, I was in Disney World and the only thing I wanted to do was meet Peter Pan. So early one morning my mom and I went to Magic Kingdom with plans of meeting Peter. There was still about 10 minutes until he was supposed to come out, so me and my mom started talking to the photopass Cast Member since I was the first one in line. She offered to take my picture in front of the mural, and next thing I know Peter was hoping over the rope that led to the meet and greet area. I had this huge smile on my face as soon as I saw him. We talked a bit about my Peter Pan shirt I had on, and then I got him to sign my autograph book. Now the autograph book I have is handmade, and he spent a while looking at it, which made my day. After that we took some pictures, and then I gave him a hug and left. Meeting him was a dream come true!

Last edited:

Figgy1

Original Poster
So many to choose from. I'm going to go with my favorite experience from our last trip.

We had just finished a nearly perfect day at the Magic Kingdom. After a couple of failed attempts, we were able to sneak into a soft opening of the Fantasyland Expansion. It was a thrill to get a sneak peek. But the park was closing early for Mickey's not so Scary Halloween Party and we had dinner reservations at Chef Mickey's.

We made it to our reservations a little late. We were all tired, but it had been a great day. So we were ready to unwind and enjoy a decent meal with Mickey and the gang. When we were seated, the room was full of characters. The waiter explained that we had missed them all. Pluto would be by in 10 minutes so we should take our time loading up our plates.

But someone made a special stop at our table before leaving the room.

DisneyVacationPics579.jpg

Since I wasn’t expecting him to stop by our table, I was completely unprepared for Donald Duck. So I scambled to get the autograph books ready, grab my camera, remove the lens cap, find the pens, etc.
Donald leaned on our table and started tapping his fingers impatiently. The girls thought this was hysterical.

DisneyVacationPics584.jpg

After Donald left our table, we had just enough time to grab some food before Pluto arrived. Josie has a Pluto pen which always gets a big reaction out of the big yellow dog. But this time, Pluto launched into a very excited dance when he saw his face on the pen.

DisneyVacationPics585.jpg

After Pluto came Minnie Mouse who made a small fuss over Kara’s Minnie Mouse dress.

DisneyVacationPics589.jpg

After Minnie, we saw Chef Mickey himself. He was cracking the girls up. He kept getting their noses. Since they were tired and slap happy, they laughed their heads off every time.

DisneyVacationPics592.jpg

Mickey seemed to be loving the response because he just kept getting them over and over.

DisneyVacationPics593.jpg

And last but not least, Goofy stopped by our table. Having met the Fab 5, we started to settle into our meals. I put away the autograh books and focused on eating. The girls were having fun making their own sundaes and I had a little sampler plate of desserts. The clear winner in my opinion was the carrot cake. Yum!

DisneyVacationPics596.jpg

Then who should come back to our table but Donald Duck. This was totally unexpected. I had packed everything up! I scrambled to pull out my camera for some more pictures. But once again, the duck had caught me unprepared.

I apologized to Donald for keeping him waiting a second time. He pointed to his eyes and then to me. He was keeping an eye on me! Donald Duck had put me on notice.

DisneyVacationPics595.jpg

We had a lot of meet and greets this trip. But Donald was the star. He had us rolling at Chef Mickey’s.

You can read the whole trip report here.
Absolutely adorable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DisneyDelirious

Super structures are my specialty!
Premium Member
I'm torn between Lady Tremain and the stepsisters at 1900 Park Fare or my kids lengthy conversation with Gaston. They had him all to themselves for about 10 minutes. There was no one else in line or waiting. He prescribed how many eggs they should have and how work towards being as perfect as he is.

Attachments

• Iphone pics 2291.jpg
    Iphone pics 2291.jpg
    124.9 KB · Views: 53

Killnme

When my daughter was 4 we met Aladdin at EPCOT. She was carrying a little Jasmine doll. After talking with her for a few minutes Aladdin said for her to stay right where she was. And he went and got Jasmine so my daughter could show her the doll. Jasmine then spent about 10 minutes with her. It was great.

Another time at EPCOT my daughter was waiting in line for Beauty and Beast. It was a sun shining cool day. So when she got to meet them, Beast kept throwing his cape over her. To this day she talks about it anytime we walk by that area.

Lastly, Jack Sparrow kept moving her back in the line for the sword fighting. We couldn't figure it out, but finally it was so she could sword fight him. She was so excited when she came off the stage.

PhilharMagician

Two come to mind. First was a private meeting with Cinderella in a back room behind the guest service counter in City Hall. We were approached just as we passed the turnstiles and asked if we would like to meet Cinderella privately and of course we said yes. We were given a time to be @ City Ha;; and they took us in and behind the counter which was kind of tough as I was pushing my mother in law in a wheel chair and it was tight making the corners and getting through the backstage door. It opened into a really nicely decorated office where Cindy was sitting behind a big desk doing business. She welcomed us and did a short Q & A for my daughter and of course a little photo shoot. Now I need to find those pics and post them as I have said I was going to do many times.

Second was my daughter riding with Peter Pan in the front seat of IaSW. We did the Family Magic Tour and after he was going to take us to IaSW to ride as a group and my daughter which was about 5 at the time grabbed his hand and would not let go as we followed with the video camera. She chatted up a storm with Peter Pan and he probably could not wait to get away. So we get to the ride and she jumped in the front seat with him and talked to him for the entire ride. She was completely taken by Pete. :joyfull:

As far as general guest interaction I have to give another vote to the step sisters and step mother @ 1900 Park Fare. Wow they can really put on a great show. I always find it amusing to instigate them when they come to our table and get them barking back and forth in the restaurant.

luv

Tigger, when he's being funny, is my favorite. I love it when he makes someone at a table stand up so he can sit down...and then proceeds to eat the family's food. He makes a terrible mess and is a hoot!

Love Tigger. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom