Best Building at OKW?

michael.fumc

Original Poster
I would love to hear everyone's opinion, We are going at the end of July beginning of August, for 9 days with 4 adults, 3 children in a 2 bedroom. Right now we have a "near HH." All suggestions welcomed. Thanks

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
Well, anything "near HH" is a short walk. We were in building 14 just across the street for one of our stays there. We have also been on Peninsular Road, and found that to be a better location. The reason I say that is mostly due to the buses. The HH is the last stop, so you may end of standing on the way to a park in the morning, or the bus may have to skip your stop altogether if it's full. That did happen a few times while we were there, and we don't go at the crowded times of year. We usually walked a few minutes to the Peninsular Road stop, which is the first stop. Anyway, near the HH is still an excellent location for doing anything at the HH, such as the pool, Olivia's, etc. I would just recommend walking to the Peninsular Road stop in the mornings. After that, it isn't a big deal, only first thing.

michael.fumc

Original Poster
Well, anything "near HH" is a short walk. We were in building 14 just across the street for one of our stays there. We have also been on Peninsular Road, and found that to be a better location. The reason I say that is mostly due to the buses. The HH is the last stop, so you may end of standing on the way to a park in the morning, or the bus may have to skip your stop altogether if it's full. That did happen a few times while we were there, and we don't go at the crowded times of year. We usually walked a few minutes to the Peninsular Road stop, which is the first stop. Anyway, near the HH is still an excellent location for doing anything at the HH, such as the pool, Olivia's, etc. I would just recommend walking to the Peninsular Road stop in the mornings. After that, it isn't a big deal, only first thing.
Thanks, building 62 seems good for both

MorganKelly

Over the years we've stayed in many different buildings at OKW (members since 1992 & OKW is our home resort). #14 is right next to the entry driveway and bus traffic can be noisy, although I've never thought it was too bad. I agree with the advice to go to the Peninsular Road bus stop to catch the WDW bus. The HH stop is usually pretty crowded. The HH area is wonderfully convenient, especially if you don't have a car.

michael.fumc

Original Poster
Over the years we've stayed in many different buildings at OKW (members since 1992 & OKW is our home resort). #14 is right next to the entry driveway and bus traffic can be noisy, although I've never thought it was too bad. I agree with the advice to go to the Peninsular Road bus stop to catch the WDW bus. The HH stop is usually pretty crowded. The HH area is wonderfully convenient, especially if you don't have a car.
Thanks we are really looking forward to our trip, OKW is our home however we have never stayed there, we have done SSR, BLT, and AKL and loved them all

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom