Best bags for Disney

MJCota

I know I seen a thread on here a while ago about bags but I was curious what your favorite bag for the park was? I'm trying to figure out what to bring. I don't want something bulky and that will weigh me down. But we do need to bring something to put my son's autograph book in, his medication and a few other small things. What do you suggest? I was thinking a cinch type bag I can carry on my back but I wasn't sure. I just want something I don't have to take on and off every time we go on a ride but also doesn't hinder the enjoyment of my ride. Last time we went (10 years ago) I bought a bag there and it was bulky and I remember getting on the Rockin' Roller coaster and spending more time worrying about my bag then enjoy the ride itself. Thanks in advance!!

lostpro9het

My go-to Disney bag:
41D5qiP3X4L._SS400_.jpg

Also works great for the weekend wrestling tournament ;-).

Upvote 0

morningstar

My favorite bag for the parks is cargo shorts pockets -- if it doesn't fit it doesn't need to come in with you.

I'd agree except for a water bottle. Better to carry your own into the parks than to spend, what, $3 for one or a snack credit you'd rather use for ice cream. Maybe Camelbak could come out with a line of cargo shorts.

Upvote 0

Weather_Lady

My dad wore one on our first ever family trip to WDW. We were all slightly mortified, but he seemed to prefer functionality over style. At least it was black, not lime green.

My Dad wears one, too -- touring theme parks is undoubtedly the highest and best use of a pack, and it is singularly well-suited for the purpose, so my 70-year-old father sees no reason to abandon it. I know we'll be seeing it when he goes to WDW with us in May. His is made of some kind of floppy black faux leather, which at first glance shocks the casual observer with the impression that Dad is sporting a banana hammock over his clothing. Upon second glance, the startled observer notes that it is simply a biker-style pack, and is so relieved that they can't bring themselves to comment upon how unfashionable it is.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ratherbeinwdw

I take several. I have two really cute very small Disney purse/backpacks. They are easy to open for security. When I carry these, I put all my stuff in small ziplock bags and hold the ziplocks while I go through security. All they do is look into an empty backpack--only takes a second. On days I know it's going to rain and crowded days, I carry a small clear backpack. They can see through it so no opening and pulling things out. It also keeps everything dry. I do leave the ziplocks in there as when it rains all day, even that backpack starts to leak at the zipper. Security always says something about wishing everyone carried clear bags like the ones I have. I don't do it for time-saving however, I do it so they won't have their hands that have been on 1000's of people's stuff on my stuff. I've seen too many people put nasty things into their bags and security touches that stuff.

Upvote 0
We just got back from our trip and we found a Disney backpack in our resort that was also in other stores similar to a soccer string backpack. $17 or $19. Perfect. Not as bulky as a regular backpack. We would walk to HS and Epcot with our mugs(5) of coffee and hot chocolate and they along with sunscreen, wipes, fit perfectly. The carrying of it has to be delegated to one of the kids. I carry a small video camera bag(man purse) with video camera, camera, small wallet(cash and license), and cell phone. This is only my responsibility. Yes, I still take the same videos and same pictures each time and wonder why my kids roll their eyes!

Upvote 0

MJCota

Original Poster
Considering I'm turning 30 at the end of March and I'm depressed about it..I guess wearing a pack wouldn't help me LOL. But maybe I can convince my husband ;) He does TRY to wear sock and sandals *shutters* but I will not let him leave the house with them on. I'm mean :)

Upvote 0

BOOMitsGeorgia

I've been struggling to find one for november! Want to go for a messenger style bag but I don't like any of the ones I've seen, need it zipped up, not too big but not too small (gotta fit my minnie ears in) and need it pretty cheap, glad i've still got ages to find one

Upvote 0

Weather_Lady

I've been struggling to find one for november! Want to go for a messenger style bag but I don't like any of the ones I've seen, need it zipped up, not too big but not too small (gotta fit my minnie ears in) and need it pretty cheap, glad i've still got ages to find one

I recommend this website if you're looking. If you sign up for their e-mails, you get 10% off your first purchase (not to mention that once you're on their mailing list, you'll receive frequent discount codes). I particularly like the Baggallini brand, but there are lots to choose from in every price range: http://www.ebags.com/department/handbags (And no, I am not in any way affiliated with ebags! I'm just a frequent user of their site, and have used it over the past 5 years to buy everything from packing cubes to laptop totes and luggage...)

Upvote 0

BOOMitsGeorgia

I recommend this website if you're looking. If you sign up for their e-mails, you get 10% off your first purchase (not to mention that once you're on their mailing list, you'll receive frequent discount codes). I particularly like the Baggallini brand, but there are lots to choose from in every price range: http://www.ebags.com/department/handbags (And no, I am not in any way affiliated with ebags! I'm just a frequent user of their site, and have used it over the past 5 years to buy everything from packing cubes to laptop totes and luggage...)

thank you for that :) I'll have a look

Upvote 0

KCheatle

I got a cross-body backpack at our local biking/climbing store. I needed it more when my kiddos were in diapers and such. Now I just take it to put stuff in when we have to fold up the stroller to get on the bus. It's great -- lightweight, but fits a lot. This picture isn't the one I have, but is pretty close to what it looks like:

207660_1_1

Upvote 0

MJCota

Original Poster
Ok so I bought mine today. I went to the Vera Bradley site and fell in love with the mini hipster flip bag! I had a hard time choosing a pattern but eventually settled on a cute one with the help of my son LOL. I'm so excited to get that out of the way. We got our portable DVD players in the mail yesterday too. Yay for travel presents in the mail!!

Upvote 0

EvilQueen-T

I mainly use a cinch top water resistant type back pack/bag that has a zipper pocket on the front. the front zipper area is where i put my wallet type stuff so i don't worry about losing my id or credit card if i pull something out of the main bag. the only trick with these is to see how easily they pull and making sure they pull completely closed if you're buying a new one. i never carry anything cloth because of rain. when my granddaughter and i go together we often use a small backpack that we got at walmart. it's smaller than a backpack a child would use for school but is big enough to carry my digital camera, her autograph book, an umbrella, and whatever little things we might need. we use this one a bit more when it's the two of us because she likes to carry it (win win for me). she's carrying it in this pic

when it's just me and i don't need anything more than a place for my id, credit card, and cell (ok...any ibuprofen lol) i carry a bag i got at disney. it's one of those dtech cell phone bags they carry. mine isn't cloth and has a shoulder strap so i wear it like a cross bag.

Upvote 0

Mikester71

I've used everything from the dreaded pack (okay, so it was my first trip and I was rookie traveler who didn't know any better :facepalm:) to a camera bag with a shoulder strap to a cross body backpack to finally a drawstring backpack on our last trip and I have to say that I prefer a nice drawstring backpack to everything else I've tried. It was lighter to carry and I just set it between or behind my legs on the floor whenever we rode a coaster or ride. Wasn't quite as hot on my back as the cross-body backpack I wore during our third trip.

Upvote 0

LostPrincessKarleigh

My first half dozen trip to WDW (all with my family and when I was between the ages of 3-14) every member of my family had their own, personal pack for whatever they warned to take. Mine is (yes, I still have it) dark purple and has tinker bell on it.
Now that I am grown, the DBF and I like to take a draw string back pack to the parks or my Disney Vera Bradley back pack (he is really very stylish with my pink mini back pack covered in Mickeys! Haha!) Small, comfy, and holds what I need without giving me extra space for junk. :)

Upvote 0

PHS79

I am the "pack mule" when we go. I take a smaller back pack, smaller than a standard school back pack, that I bought and use for riding ATV. The bag is waterproof, has 2 pockets on the outside for water bottles and has 3 zipper compartments (1 large and 2 smaller). Our last trip there were 5 of us (my parents in their mid-late 60s, my DW and I early 30s and DD, 3), rain was forecast for 3 of the 8 days so I had 5 ponchos, 2 water bottles, DDs autograph books, an extra change of clothes for DD, and since we were at WDW in Feb my DD, DW and mom usually wore a light jacket/sweatshirt in the morning that I would end up with by mid day.

The nice thing was that the backpack that I took was small enough to easily fit in either the bins on some rides or at our feet on others (and I wear size 14 shoes).

Our next trip I will bring the back pack with, since I use it for my carry on also, but since our DD will be 5/almost 6 and their will only be 3 of us most of the trip am going to try and get by without using it.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom