• Kali River Rapids

Votes: 9 9.7%
  • Expedition Everest

Votes: 70 75.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mansion Butler

Original Poster
Even though DAK is my second favorite park, I still forgot it.

So yeah, starting it now. (Planet Watch will be shoved with Africa and Camp Minnie Mickey with Discovery Island).

Mansion Butler

Original Poster
Asia might be my favorite isolated area of any park. Regardless of it's curmudgeonly reception by a few here, I think Everest is a near-perfectly made attraction (over-ambitous animatronic being the only glaring problem with me) that fits with the Mansion, Tower, Splash and DL's Indy and Pirates on the top tier of attractions. I often go to DAK just to spend hours in the Jungle trek, which is very, very close to getting my vote here, even with how much I love Everest. And Flights of Wonder is a terrific show. The whole area is so perfectly, beautifully and immersively themed it makes me so happy.

. . . and then there's Kali. . . So short and lame. No real rapids, only one drop, and no fear of "will I get wet?" Instead there's just the certainty of getting drenched. It's so sad that Grizzly River Run is probably the best raft ride I've ever done, but Kali is purely pathetic. Oh well, guess no land can be perfect.

Anyway, Everest barely over the Jungle Trek (which would be my 1 and 2 in DAK).

marsrunner

Can't stand Everest (boring, drab, sparse, missed potential) and Kali is too short, though it is beautiful for as long as it lasts. Had to go with Maharaja Jungle Trek, which is a beautiful and engrossing "attraction".

Shere_Khan

Although I love Everest and think it is incredibly fun, I absolutely love the Jungle Trek. I think it might be one of my favorite areas in all of the parks (except for the World Showcase, which I love more then anything)

DisneyMusician2

The Jungle Trek is as immersive and fascinating an attraction as any in a Disney park, with elaborate attention to detail and the opportunity to see some real wildlife.

I know its not as exciting as EE, but it a much more successful attraction.

The Empress Lilly

I voted the Jungle Trek.

KRR and EE are good rides.

However, they both have a feeling of unfulfilled potential about them. Both are good, but somehow fall just short of hitting the bull's eye.

It wouldn't matter in itself that KRR is not Splash, and Everest is not ToT. But...both are so agonisingly close to being true classics. I can't help but feel a bit disappointed by them.

Both are too short. Both have excellent theming, but not quite as fullfilling, as cleverly deployed, as it should be. Both have too much narrative story, are too aware of themselves.

More childlike fun, some innocence or naivity, could have lifted them up one scale to truly classic status.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom