Best and worse area music

Yert3

Best: Tomorrowland
But I honestly can't think of any bad area music loops so I'll just leave "worst" blank.

ShoalFox

In the Parks
Yes
My favorites are Splash Mountain, Innoventions Plaza, The Land, Universe of Energy, and the original Journey Into Imagination, which by the way, can still be heard in the bathrooms on the far side of the pavilion.

Ralphlaw

I love the World Showcase loops. There used to be a great mix called the International Gateway music that was somewhere between 30 and 60 minutes long, but that disappeared from YouTube about a year ago. If someone could actually find it again, that would be great.

Chef Mickey

Best: Innoventions Loop..Both 19 & 52 min versions...

Worst: Destiny from Mission Space.....Many CM's call this the Banshee song due to how annoying this song gets as it's played in the exit area of the attraction....A little background of the song is in this article at the bottom..http://www.wdwinfo.com/3-surprising-things-about-working-at-mission-space.htm

The main problems with music that is on a "loop" is when it's too short and has lyrics.
It becomes annoying when you hear the same 4 minute song over and over.

The greatness of something like the Tomorrowland loop is that it's quite long, varied, and has no lyrics so it's hard to "memorize" the song. It's truly background music instead of like a performance every 4 minutes.

ajkraz

Original Poster
My favorites are Splash Mountain, Innoventions Plaza, The Land, Universe of Energy, and the original Journey Into Imagination, which by the way, can still be heard in the bathrooms on the far side of the pavilion.

secret bathrooms

NEmickeyfan

Epcot (especially Innoventions and International Gateway) and Main Street USA are my favorites.
The new/revamped area music at Disney Springs is terrible.

Last edited:

Calm Down Rover

I feel like all of my favorites (of which there are many) have already been said! I don't really have a least favorite besides "Destiny," unless the horrible Tomorrowland dance party counts. It was playing nonstop the last two times I was there, COMPLETELY drowning out that golden Tomorrowland loop everywhere but near Cosmic Ray's. I could even clearly hear it from inside the Carousel Theater when the show was in progress, ugh.

Tom Morrow

While I love the Innoventions music loop, I hate that it's only ~ 20 minutes long. From what I understand, this version was arranged as a demo and wasn't intended to be the actual loop.

Some of my favorites would be the DAK entrance plaza loop, DAK Oasis loop, the DAK Discovery Island loop, the Expedition Everest exterior loop which is different from the Asia loop, the Tower of Terror loop, Hollywood Blvd, which perfectly sets the mood for stepping into the golden age of Hollywood, Sunset Blvd, The Jungle Cruise queue loop, The Seas with Nemo and Friends loops, ahh, you know what, I have too many to list.

My least favorite is probably Liberty Square, the Sousa marches, as already mentioned, are not period accurate, but are too cliche and what a typical theme park might play.

The Empress Lilly

For Comparison here is the original Entrance loop:
I think a great deal of the mythical status of EPCOT Center is based on its music. Easily the best Disney has ever done, and that's saying something considering the enormous competition. (Disney does theme park music really rather well indeed!)

EPCOT's loops, on ride music and songs are out of this world. Some pull of the feat of being both futuristic and nostalgic. Some are grand almost to the point of bombastic, some of it is so gentle.Just your loop alone will haunt me for the rest of my days.

The Empress Lilly

Best: Innoventions Loop..Both 19 & 52 min versions...
When I saw the thread I knew you'd be in here and I knew you'd bring up your Innoventions loop. ;)

I love the current Innoventions loop. A bit stuck in the 90's. And at times the music tries too hard, or maybe has to work too hard. But positive and uplifting.
But there is something peculiar about it. I like the music because it is so omnipresent in a FW day. So I associate it with EPCOT nowadays. And therefore I like it. It's backwards. Fu ture World's immense beauty pavloved me into liking the loop. ;)

Cosmic Commando

I love the current Epcot entrance loop. Either that or the Innoventions loop would be me favorites. The entire track isn't as strong as my favs, but my ring tone starts at 3:35 here in the Ellen UoE area music. Everyone's reaction when they hear it blasting out of my phone: :eek:

DuckTalesWooHoo1987

My favorite "area" music would have to be the ragtime piano at Casey's. My favorite "ride" music would be the Haunted Mansion. I can't really think of music that I don't necessarily like.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom