Belle's castle...

EPCOT Explorer

Because it is!:lol: I too, thought it would be Belle's seeing it's in France, and seeing the resemblance to the one in the movie...

Alas, nope! Just another Sleeping Beauty. That kind of bothers me...Each park should have it's own unique castle, with it's own name. At least DLP has half of that...The castle is stunning!! :D

TDL and HKDL, however...Notsomuch. Tokyo has a direct lift of Cinderella Castle from WDW (although in a different color!) and HK has Sleeping Beauty from DLR. It's color scheme is different, too there. More to the original one at DL, pre HCOE.

Mukta

Ok, I always thought the castle in Paris was Belle's...why does the offical Disneyland Paris site call it Sleeping Beauty's?

They call it that because it is! They even have the Dragon Maleficent tied up underneath. :eek:
You think it is Belle's because the name is "le chateau de la belle au bois dormant". People who don't speak French, see the word Belle and assume it is her castle. I heard it was her castle too for many years.

EPCOT Explorer

They call it that because it is! They even have the Dragon Maleficent tied up underneath. :eek:
You think it is Belle's because the name is "le chateau de la belle au bois dormant". People who don't speak French, see the word Belle and assume it is her castle. I heard it was her castle too for many years.

But then again, it's (kind of) common knowledge that Belle= Beauty in French.;)

The Empress Lilly

I think Americans only associate 'Belle' with France, but not Sleeping Beauty.

French children, however, all grow up with the Sleeping Beauty fairy-tale. Which is of French origin, written by Charles Perrault. It is as distinctly French as the Grimm fairy tales (Snow White) are German, and Hans Christian Andersen's tales (The Little Mermaid) are Danish.

In EPCOT, the French pavilion is exclusively populated by the Aristocats and Beauty and the Beast characters. Sleeping Beauty would be just as fitting, just as much as Pinocchio fits in Italy or Robin Hood in England.

maelstrom

"Belle" means "beauty" in French. The castle's name is Le Chateau de la Belle au Bois Dormant. And that's where people get confused.

Disneyland, Disneyland Paris, & Hong Kong Disneyland = Sleeping Beauty Castle.
Disney World, Tokyo Disneyland = Cinderella Castle.

Crush Dude!

Back from WDW!Counting down to DLP in November!
I think Americans only associate 'Belle' with France, but not Sleeping Beauty.

French children, however, all grow up with the Sleeping Beauty fairy-tale. Which is of French origin, written by Charles Perrault. It is as distinctly French as the Grimm fairy tales (Snow White) are German, and Hans Christian Andersen's tales (The Little Mermaid) are Danish.

In EPCOT, the French pavilion is exclusively populated by the Aristocats and Beauty and the Beast characters. Sleeping Beauty would be just as fitting, just as much as Pinocchio fits in Italy or Robin Hood in England.

True, and sleeping beauty now appears in france in epcot

ParisDisneyland

Indeed, the correct name is Sleeping Beauty Castle
Here a beautiful photograph of this one:

forwdwcastle.jpg

Crush Dude!

Back from WDW!Counting down to DLP in November!
Just back and hate the emblem on the castle, fingers crossed it returns to its former glory next year!!!!

TheDisneyMagic

Yep, they had some gold characters on the castle during the 15th Anniversary (just like WDW had for the Happiest Celebration on Earth) then changed them for the Mickey ears for Mickey's Magical Party.

Marven38

For the "New Generation Festival" (april 2010), Disneyland Paris announced that the castle will be with NO decorations...
I hope it will be true...

Timon

So, it's free of decor now? What was Mickey's Party anyway? French WWYC? :loL:

Wish I knew? I did hear the gold figures especially the ones from Peter Pan on the highest spire are the same ones originally from WDW. DLP is one of my of my most favorite parks, just love the detail!

dlpwishes

Wish I knew? I did hear the gold figures especially the ones from Peter Pan on the highest spire are the same ones originally from WDW. DLP is one of my of my most favorite parks, just love the detail!

MMP was essentially an awful replacement for the Resort's 15th Anniversary celebrations. The stage on Central Plaza was replaced (with a much larger one, although it does match nicely with the castle), and a new show 'Party Time...With Mickey & Friends' played baout 5 times a day. Overall, it was just an attempt to keep people coming to DLP after the amazing two years the resort had just experienced.

There were statues holding 15 candles on Sleeping Beauty Castle, which lit up during Candleabration, with Tinkerbelle at the top, who sprinkled gold pixie dust at the end of the show. These were mostly replaced with Mickey shaped-things for MMP, which are awful.

All the decor on the castle should be coming down for the New Generation Festival, which begins on April 2nd and looks much better than the past year's offerings!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom