Being IN the WDW Parades

mpark90

Heyyy -
Me and my mum were fortunate to get in the AK parade,
Back when it used to start opposite the safari, there used to be a small spot with a bench right opposite the safari entrance and me and my mum used to stand there about 30 minutes before the start of the parade.

There was a cast member at the gate where the parade came out and i smiled at her and my mum was jus randomly people watching and she asked how our day was, and how we were, then asked if we could do her a huge favour - and i said sure, and she asked if we would/could be in the parade for her.

So of course we said yes - delighted, apparently its a common occasion for them to pick all the groups of people to be involved earlier in the day and more often then not some families don't bother turning up because kids get too hot and tired or whatever, and so they have spaces...

fortunately for us! - it was amazing :)

see:

559511_10151085718051537_297351733_n.jpg

pluto13

How could being at the Tusker House affect if you get in the parade or not? They probably pick a family at random.

Figments Friend

I'm also certain the most inportant thing they look for is people are look like they are enjoying themselves! The CM that picked us even said "y'all look like you're having a good time". ........ One more piece of advice...if the CM asks if you are sticking around to see the parade, your answer is automatically "why yes, we were" even if you weren't! :sohappy:

Both of these i can vouch for being true.

Myself and a friend who i had offered to give a tour of the MK for entered said Park in the morning and started walking up Main St.
A elder CM spotted us out of the crowd and came over saying pretty much the same thing BeckyBella notes above..noting how we look like we are already having a great time.
My friend was visiting for the first time, and was pretty excited about her big day in the Park with me, her personal WDW tour guide, and her enthusiasim showed.

He asked us a little bit about our visit ( the *why* behind it..) and i spoke up saying i had volunteered to show a first-timer friend around the Park for the day. I said the Magic Word...and he proceeded to tell us that he would like us both to come back to a certain place near the starting point of the Parade around 2pm to be included in today*s showing.
He pulled out a Park Guide Map out of his back pocket and drew a circle around the spot to meet him.

Naturally i was floored at the offer...and my friend was equally thrilled when she realized exactly what had just taken place.

Later in hindsight i realized what was going on...in that our CM friend and others like him were pre-choosing people for that afternoons parade in the morning as people came up Main Street to begin their day in the Park.
I have seen this take place other times i have visited since, and even saw this same elder CM in almost the same areas scoping folks out as they wander up Main Street.

So yes, enthusiasim is most definately the key. Not obnoxious enthusiasim, more the type of enthusiasim that shines out letting those see from a distance that you are indeed happy to be there today.
Being open to chat when approached is also key. Do not shy away if someone wants to say something to you !

It truly is a case of *being at the right place, at the right time*....

I have to say that being in the pre-parade and riding down Main Street was a experience i will probably never forget. The view is second to none when you approach The Hub.

:)

38053WDW

Our family got picked to open the MK one morning ... We were there early waiting to get in for breakfast at Cinderella's castle. Now that was fun !!! Drove through the empty park on a fire truck... Got on the train at Toon Town They let us take as many pictures we wanted to with Mickey,Minnie, Donald, Goofy, Wendy, Aladdin, Jasmine, Mad Hatter , and Alice !!(kids took more pics sitting with Mickey & Minnie) and we came around the front to the music and dancers and all the people waiting to come in. The Mayor introduced us to everyone and with some pixie dust we opened the park !!!

Last edited:

bearandbuzz

image.jpg
This Easter we were lucky enough to be Grand Marshalls at the 3 o'clock parade.
It was the first day of the holiday and I was there with my two children (7 & 5), husband and my parents. It was first thing in the morning, We were very excited and taking photos infront of the castle when we were approached. Looking back now I can see that the CM was talking to us to see if we would participate in the parade rather then just sit there because we were too shy.
I was flabbergasted when I was asked if we would like to be in the parade, I started jumping around and was far more excited then the children lol!
The actual experience was amazing, we waved continuously and sung our hearts out, it was the best start to our holiday I could imagine.
Happy memories :)

Matt_Black

I too had the good fortune to be in a Magic Kingdom parade. Yay for being in the high school marching band when we went there for a band trip! (Also, played at the fountain in Epcot, too, which is neat.)

jkl2000

View attachment 31618 This Easter we were lucky enough to be Grand Marshalls at the 3 o'clock parade.
It was the first day of the holiday and I was there with my two children (7 & 5), husband and my parents. It was first thing in the morning, We were very excited and taking photos infront of the castle when we were approached. Looking back now I can see that the CM was talking to us to see if we would participate in the parade rather then just sit there because we were too shy.
I was flabbergasted when I was asked if we would like to be in the parade, I started jumping around and was far more excited then the children lol!
The actual experience was amazing, we waved continuously and sung our hearts out, it was the best start to our holiday I could imagine.
Happy memories :)

Cool!

Were you guys already all sporting Mickey/Minnie, or did they supply them? Just wondering if that was partly what clued them in to you.

PhilharMagician

We were selected for the Jingle Jungle parade in AK one year. We were heading towards Dinoland and what appeared to be management wearing shirt and tie and carrying a clip board approached us. We were wearing matching MVMCP shirts and we were sat in the first float with Rafiki. While we were honored to have it happen, I found it to be quite a challenge since they want you smiling and waving throughout the entire parade. At first we were happy waving at all the people and having a great time, but 1/2 way through the parade and it was already quite old. My hats off to the CM's that work the parades.

At the MK I saw a family picked just ahead of us at the turnstiles to be Grand Marshalls.

bearandbuzz

Cool!

Were you guys already all sporting Mickey/Minnie, or did they supply them? Just wondering if that was partly what clued them in to you.

No we didn't have ears on at that time, we decided to buy some after we were asked. We did also get given Mickey ears hats with Grand Marshall engraved on the back of them and were given the choice as to what we would like to wear. I didn't want to muck up my hair :)

Disneyfamily4

I heard to increase your chances to get into the parade at Magic Kingdom, is that you need to be a family of 4, with a son and daughter. You need to be in a visible spot at the rope drop and the entire family needs to be wearing something Disney. You also need to be one of the first people getting to the rope drop. You also need to look very happy and clap and cheer.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom