Being IN the WDW Parades

MouseWorshipper

Oh great story! Back during the WDW 25th Birthday celebration, I was a cute little girl in blonde pigtails. Me and my big bro were both in a "Beauty and the Beast" kick-line in the afternoon parade! Priceless photos! After that parade dissapeared (don't know what it was called) there really hasn't been a chance for kids to be pulled out of the crowd and become part of a scene. *sniffle*

Mr. Imagineer

I've found one way that makes you for sure get in the parade:

Look into space, look bored. Sigh heavily once and a while and let a CM drag you in :king:

DAKOTADISNEY

We were Grand Marshall's in the MK parade in February and we were picked on main street. We got to the park just after the opening and stopped to take a picture. The CM started talking to us and wanted to know if we were going to be around for the day. Of course we were very excited and promised to meet back with him at 2:30pm. The whole experience was a "once in a lifetime" event.

kadesha

We were "in" 2 parades during our last trip. My girls were chosen to be rope carriers in the stars and motor cars parade. We were just hanging out at the very beginning of the parade route about an hour before the parade started, and we were approached by a CM. We were also grand marshalls in the Family Fun parade at MK. I was sitting on a bench in tomorrowland and was approached by a CM. Riding in the firetruck down mainstreet was amazing!! My kids had so much fun waving to the crowds that day!

TinkerCarol

Would love to be in parade!

My DGD age 3 1/2 would love to be in a parade. I love the post saying to look up in the air and act bored for a few minutes when a CM is around. Have to try that one!

BigB911

I was in a Disney Parade at the magic Kingdom in High school with my Marching band, and I'd have to say No thats not true. You have to plan ahead if you want to be in the parades with disney's people.

I'm sorry, but I can't stand posts like this. I've read all these other posts about people getting picked to be Grand Marshalls and what not, and I've read about the Family Fun Day parade. So apparently IT IS TRUE that random visitors to WDW CAN participate in the parades.

accord99cutie

Premium Member
The whole thing with a school band is something you have to apply for. During I think it is called Magic Music days at all the Disney resorts they have high school bands in the parades, and possibly other bands as well Im sure. I was in a Disneyland parade my Senior year of high school and we had to go through an application process. But for the average guest in the park there are a few different opportunities to be in any of the parades, those are just people randomly selected....

Actually, there's a good chance of being in it at AK if you are the first one in line at Mickey's Hut in the Camp Minnie & Mickey area first thing in the morning... You can tell which hut he'll be at by taking a sneak peek up at the signs (which are reversed to the path's view, just lean past the rope and see).

You could very well be "Camper(s) of the Day" and be in the parade - IF - you are a family and have kids over age 5 (which I believe is standard policy for age limit).

We were chosen this way... we got bumped (accidently) by a different castmember... so a CM got us 4 free, 1 day, comp. park hoppers good 'til 2030. Naturally we used them the next day!:lol:

She used the "magic" she had to do this.

I guess it helped that we had it all on film.:cool:
thats so cool....i gotta try that!

kadesha

I'm just reading through this thread and noticed that I posted my experience twice!! lol! I am such a message board geek, I can't keep my threads straight! :)

DH and I were in a parade at DHS (although it was Disney MGM at the time). DH was chatting with a CM and told him we were there on our honeymoon which was the truth and that he would love it if his new wife could be in the parade. The CM made it happen. We got to ride in a chariot, wear togas, and had a total blast. Everyone was so nice when we went to the preparade area to wait for the start. To top it all of as we were riding in the parade someone who works with me happened to be there at the same time and video taped the whole thing. As she's taping you hear her say.."wait, I think I recognize those people...I do I do I work with her!" Next thing she's waving and screaming my name!! So cool that I have this magical memory all on tape!!

Bender!

Well this is quite an old thread...but as I was reading the posts I noticed someone say that their marching band got into a parade and they had to request it early.

No, that's not how it works. Magic Music Days operates completely differently from random parade selections. I think MMD and when they had the Voluntears business were a few (if not, all) the examples where its not completely random. Although I'm sure some factors do help.

scout68

As the drum major in my high school marching band waaaaayyyy back in '91 I was lucky enough to lead the entire parade Right Down The Middle Of Main Street USA!
I still have the T-shirt they gave us........and it still fits :rolleyes:

lobelia

As the drum major in my high school marching band waaaaayyyy back in '91 I was lucky enough to lead the entire parade Right Down The Middle Of Main Street USA!
I still have the T-shirt they gave us........and it still fits :rolleyes:

I actually have been part of both experiences. My husband, ten-year old son and I were walking out of Pizzafari at Animal Kingdom. We were hot but somewhat rested from eating lunch. I managed to get sauce down the front of my shirt. I was eating some lemon ice while we walked and a cast member approached us. I will say we were in no big rush to get anywhere so we were easily approachable.

She asked if we were keeping cool and I said it wasn't too bad and that the ice was helping. She asked if we were going to watch the parade and I said that we most likely were going to try. She asked if we would like good seats for the parade and we said that would be great. Then she asked if we had ever been in a parade before and all three of had as my husband was a police officer and firefighter, my son was in scouts and our village has a least two parades a year. Then she asked if we would like to be in the parade.

Of course we loved it. It was really cool waving and to have all these strangers wave back. We danced and laughed and genuinely had a great time. They took pictures of us with photopass, and they give you a disposable camera to take pictures of your experience. They provided safari vests and safari hats. I felt a little bad about the guy who had to pedal us around in our float though. My husband and I are no shrinking voilets and it felt weird having him work to get us around.

Magical Music Days at WDW requires the school to apply and be accepted by Disney to play in the parade, or play and sing at a grandstand. I particpated in the late 80s and our marching band played in the parade at MK, our choir sang at MK and our concert band played at the Boardwalk. My son will have his opportunity this spring to march at MK. Very excited for him.

Clyde

I am going to the MK on Friday 12-14 and will be turning 40 in WDW (in an attempt to combat the aging process lol)
I will be there with my wife, 4 1/2 y/o son, 17 month old daughter, Father in Law, mother and sister with 1 y/o son. I would love nothing more than to be in a Disney parade as it has been a dream my whole life. I've never been able to have this happen for me.
There are some good suggestions in this thread, but some of them are from 5 years ago.
Does anyone feel they know the best possible way to get my family and me in to a parade this fri?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom