Being a baby...but hear me out

DisneyPrincess5

Hey everyone
So I'm feeling kinda sad. My DH and I were suppose to be going to Disney with my family around 5/2018. Long story short, due to difficult schedules and too many roadblocks, we likely won't be able to make it together. I'm sad because we have all been life long Disney fans, I haven't gone with my family for 10 years, and my DH has never been with them. We've talked about going all together for so long. Every day that passes is a day behind us which turns into a year behind us and it makes me sad to think we have to put a trip aside together for longer than we already have. You never know what life will bring around the corner. We will likely do a more local trip together at some point within the coming year but it's not our beloved Disney.

Anyway, DH and I are trying to figure out how to still go around next May. With my grad school schedule and balancing time with an internship, I think we will only be able to swing a 4-5 day trip. I'm such a brat...every time we go, I want it to be for at least a week if not longer. 4-5 days seems like such a blink. Done it once before and it goes so fast. First world problems, right?

My question is, what's y'alls plan if you go for 4-5 days? What parks do you do? What sort of plans do you make for that length of time? How do you feel settled enough to relax without dwelling on how short it is? I'd love to hear your experience with a trip this length. It's just DH and I, no kids.

Thanks guys.

yensid67

I am with the majority that are saying Just go and ENJOY you 4-5 days! If it were me, I would sit down and prioritize my attractions in MK, EP & AK...I would skip DHS=Construction Zone! Enjoy not only the parks, but each other...plan 1 meal that is shared with your family! Make it special by he little things...all buy Ear Hats and get a family pic taken in front of the Castle! Make sure your pictures are mostly FAMILY pictures, that will be more memories as a family when you look back! Even though you will be with family, don't forget to take a moment for you and Hubby to share in a special moment captured on camera, of course! Hope you have a good trip...maybe we'll see you there in May 2018! :)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom