Beginnings of Tomorrowland Revamp?

Mike S

If we get Tron I'd want something better than the coaster at Shanghai. The people here who have been there and ridden it said it's not all it's cracked up to be.

Flynnwriter

When is WDW going to replace the ride system and track for space mountain? It feels like it is falling apart. Are they waiting for an accident to close it and replace it? It is In desperate need of a full redo.

BWK05

There always seems to be a lot of people who want to see the Tomorrowland Speedway removed. I get its not "exciting" for the adults but lets not forget the kids who the park was also built for to enjoy. My children couldn't wait till they could drive the cars and yes I had my fair share of whiplash riding in those things.But lets not forget who the speedway is geared to...the children.

ToTBellHop

There always seems to be a lot of people who want to see the Tomorrowland Speedway removed. I get its not "exciting" for the adults but lets not forget the kids who the park was also built for to enjoy. My children couldn't wait till they could drive the cars and yes I had my fair share of whiplash riding in those things.But lets not forget who the speedway is geared to...the children.
So is the rest of MK and, increasingly, all of WDW.

EpcoTim

Maude Flanders RIP.

RSoxNo1

The issue is the average guests love the dance parties with the characters.

I assume the average guest would enjoy a new ride even more though. Tron coaster in the parking lot, anyone?...

(oh btw Tron 3 is back on the table with Jared Leto slated to lead http://www.nme.com/news/film/jared-leto-tron-disney-reboot-2001736)
The "average guest" gravitates to nearly any and all in land entertainment. I haven't seen the character dance parties generate any more of a crowd than a more thematically appropriate band in Harambe or Streetmasphere along Sunset or Hollywood Boulevard. Just because the "Average guest" watches something, doesn't make it appropriate or even profitable.

Next Big Thing

The "average guest" gravitates to nearly any and all in land entertainment. I haven't seen the character dance parties generate any more of a crowd than a more thematically appropriate band in Harambe or Streetmasphere along Sunset or Hollywood Boulevard. Just because the "Average guest" watches something, doesn't make it appropriate or even profitable.
Thank you for repeating what I said in my follow up replies.

Mike S

The problem is the main selling point of any Tron ride would be ridding a light-cycle. So if it's not a coaster then it would likely be a simulator and frankly I would rather the coaster.
"Better" could be a better coaster.
Take them to a go cart track. Same exact thing and much cheaper. I think there's one at Fun Spot though I've never been.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom