Beers EXCLUSIVE to Disney World?

Sundown

Original Poster
Hi all. Perhaps fellow forumites may have some insight into this? I was wondering if there were any exclusive beers that you can only purchase/drink at the Disney World parks (Magic Kingdom, Epcot, DHS and Animal Kingdom)? It can be either draft or bottled. I presume given the total theming that they're doing at AK for Pandora, that any beer offered there will be unique.

Thanks for your replies.

Kamikaze

Hi all. Perhaps fellow forumites may have some insight into this? I was wondering if there were any exclusive beers that you can only purchase/drink at the Disney World parks (Magic Kingdom, Epcot, DHS and Animal Kingdom)? It can be either draft or bottled. I presume given the total theming that they're doing at AK for Pandora, that any beer offered there will be unique.

Thanks for your replies.

There is going to be Banshee Wine in Pandora, but its not exclusive (just made by a place called Banshee).
As far as I know, there are no exclusive beers in WDW or DLR. A quick Google did find this website: http://beersandears.net which has a pretty big list of what is/was/can be available.

Otterhead

As far as I know, the Safari Amber and Kungaloosh Spiced Ale -- both at Animal Kingdom -- are brewed for them and only available at WDW.

jakeman

Thanks for your replies.
Big River is a brewery within Boardwalk. They are fairly exclusive (they used to be Gordon Beirsch retreads, but that might not be the case any longer).

Miami Blue Bock at Tiffin's isn't exclusive, but it's pretty rare.

Bairstow

There's "Safari Amber" sold all around Animal Kingdom. It's an InBev/Anheuser-Busch product, though I don't know if it's something widely available that's just been rebranded or not. InBev also makes the "Rix Red Lager" at Coronado Springs, which I think is the same stuff but I'm not positive.

The exclusive beers at Pandora are sourced from Terrapin.
http://mybeerbuzz.blogspot.com/2017/03/terrapin-hawkes-grog-moara.html?m=1

image_thumb%25255B3%25255D.png

image_thumb%25255B2%25255D.png

Sundown

Original Poster
Thank you for your replies & help everyone. I searched the beers and ears sites. Lots of info. But hard to discern if any of the beers are exclusive to WDW. Thought much better to ask fellow enthusiasts and park experts. Great input & beers suggested so far!

Vaughn4380

While not a beer, it may interest you to know that Disney parks have an exclusive Bourbon only available at Disney Properties. " Creek Disney Select Single Barrel Reserve Bourbon" was pretty darn good during our last trip. The bartender said it is a special recipe and only available through Disney.

ETA: How in the heck does a bourbon company get censored on this board? Ugh, hopefully you can figure the word before "Creek".

Bairstow

While not a beer, it may interest you to know that Disney parks have an exclusive Bourbon only available at Disney Properties. "**** Creek Disney Select Single Barrel Reserve Bourbon" was pretty darn good during our last trip. The bartender said it is a special recipe and only available through Disney.

ETA: How in the heck does a bourbon company get censored on this board? Ugh, hopefully you can figure the word before "Creek".
Does it involve having a paddle?

jakeman

There's "Safari Amber" sold all around Animal Kingdom. It's an InBev/Anheuser-Busch product, though I don't know if it's something widely available that's just been rebranded or not. InBev also makes the "Rix Red Lager" at Coronado Springs, which I think is the same stuff but I'm not positive.

The exclusive beers at Pandora are sourced from Terrapin.
http://mybeerbuzz.blogspot.com/2017/03/terrapin-hawkes-grog-moara.html?m=1

image_thumb%25255B3%25255D.png

image_thumb%25255B2%25255D.png
I believe Rix Red and Safari Amber are the same.

Also, Terrapin is owned by AB InBev.

Good find on the keg labels!

castlecake2.0

somewhat exclusive... Walt Disney World is the only spot you can get Moosehead Pale Ale on draft in the United States. They have it in the Canada Pavilion at Le Cellier and sometimes found on the menus at Wilderness Lodge.

GVentola

I don't drink (alcohol doesn't mix well with Zoloft!), but I've been to the Total Wine store while my Dad stores up on beer and wine. I've noticed a lot of alcoholic beverages have some weird names. Let's keep this thread alive after the original question has been answered, and come up with Disney-specific names for specialty beers and drinks, like say, Mouse King Ale or the Lying Puppet. I'm sure you'll can come up with some much better.

Mark P.

Big River is a brewery within Boardwalk. They are fairly exclusive (they used to be Gordon Beirsch retreads, but that might not be the case any longer).

Big River and Gordon Biersch are both owned by the same restaurant operator and, while I'm pretty sure there's only one other location, it's basically the same as GB: passable bar food, mediocre beer. That said, it's about as close to "exclusive" as you'll get on property.

Bairstow

Big River and Gordon Biersch are both owned by the same restaurant operator and, while I'm pretty sure there's only one other location, it's basically the same as GB: passable bar food, mediocre beer. That said, it's about as close to "exclusive" as you'll get on property.
We've got two Big Rivers here in Chattanooga.
It still feels weird seeing the one at Disney World.
Their Sweet Magnolia Brown is pretty good.

Fable McCloud

Are there country-specific wines and beers in Epcot? My boyfriend is a beer fan and I know he'd love to try stuff you wouldn't usually find stateside.

Sundown

Original Poster
I think Animal Kingdom Lodge might be the only place to get Tusker in the US.

Thanks for your reply, Cap. I thought of Tusker as well (one of the only beers I've had at WDW). But I just checked beermenus.com and it appears to be available in Illinois.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom