Been to Disney so many times that now all I do is look for the little things

ZodIsGr8

Original Poster
My family and I have been to Disney a lot in the past few years. Probably around 20 times since 2007 and now all I do is look for the little things when I am there. An example would be having my picture taken at all the cast member only sections of the parks. I am getting ready to take my family again in May and was hoping that others on this forum could help point out some of the little things that they notice or do when they are at the parks. On a side note my DS laughed at my pathetic number of likes (136), so please like me if you want so he will stop laughing at me. Thanks in advance for your stories and for sharing them with me and my family!

Cmdr_Crimson

How about this one, try to locate the hidden Food Rocks stage and take a pic.

Just look on this thread...Less the hassle..http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/food-rocks-pics-sept-24-2007.229181/

Although my 2 favorite hidden things are in Backlot Express. One is this little flyer from 1988 in one of the displays at for Six Flags Magic Mountain and it's newest coaster at the time The Ninja..
DSC01164.jpg

The Second one is the Staring Nun..The effect is similar to the staring busts in the Library at HM..Go through the sliding door in the Plaster room and look up to your right side She will be looking for you as you come in.
DSC02314.jpg

And following you as you head towards the counter..
DSC02313.jpg

ZodIsGr8

Original Poster
Just look on this thread...Less the hassle..http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/food-rocks-pics-sept-24-2007.229181/

Although my 2 favorite hidden things are in Backlot Express. One is this little flyer from 1988 in one of the displays at for Six Flags Magic Mountain and it's newest coaster at the time The Ninja..
DSC01164.jpg

The Second one is the Staring Nun..The effect is similar to the staring busts in the Library at HM..Go through the sliding door in the Plaster room and look up to your right side She will be looking for you as you come in.
DSC02314.jpg

And following you as you head towards the counter..
DSC02313.jpg
Thank you

Cmdr_Crimson

Thank you

Here's another one..As you go through Tomorrowland and see the stage. Sit and watch the advertisements that play (when they aren't having the dance parties). If your there long enough you will see an advertisement for Robo-Mart. You will see many of WDW's Robot's of the past..
DSC01669.jpg

It explains that if your old robot is rusty and falling to pieces to bring it in and get a new Robot...Well no sooner after they show a wrecked toonish robot...
The First New Robot Pops up...S.I.R. of Alien Encounter
DSC01674.jpg

Another Wrecked Robot Pops up and another Comes up..TimeKeeper
DSC01671.jpg

Same Thing again and a new Bot Pops Up...Nine Eye!
DSC01670.jpg

And One more litte Hurrah to Epcot Innoventions Tom Morrow 2.0!
DSC01672.jpg

Spike-in-Berlin

I recognized a similar effect with my home videos of my WDW trips where I also began to film the little things. The first and today rather archaic looking video from 1991 (filmed with my fathers camcorder) is only about one hour long and you see mostly only parts from rides and some few sections from shows. In 1991 the camcorder technology was not even remotely as it is today, power cells only lasted for 10-20 minutes, in dark rides you later only could guess what you saw on the TV etc. From 2007 until today I filmed videos of increasingly monumental length, from 7 hours in 2007 to nearly 14 hours in 2012 and in the first long video I mostly filmed complete rides, parades and shows, later I also began to videotape the entire parks with all streets and plazas, with the street entertainment again later i also filmed inside the shops, the restaurants and even some of the typical disney food and next time I will even film at lot of the merchandise.

Last edited:

Disney Shib

We always do a themed picture in each country in the World Showcase each trip. Each time is different and we always look back on them and laugh. Also, try grabbing a saki in the back of the store in Japan. It's a cool experience and the bartenders back there are super sweet.

Figmentation

Hidden mickey wise, one of the best spots to do it is actually Malestrom in Epcot.. I believe it has 7 or 8 hidden on the giant mural/painting while in the boarding area.
I still have not found them all

There are also water fountains in every park that have sounds when you drink from them... try and find those too!

EDIT: There's a great book too you can get for the cheap on tablet/ereader - The Hidden Magic of Walt Disney World by Susan Veness

Last edited:

BransonJ

I'm experiencing the same. Our next trip we plan to enjoy all the little things like early morning coffee, people watch while enjoying a dole whip or another great dessert, search for hidden mickeys (fiancé really enjoyed those last time), and explore other resorts. It's our first trip as just a couple without kids or other family members so we can move on our own pace. We still plan on doing the major rides but even then we only care to for a handful in each park but just being there and enjoying all of what WDW has to offer, the tours, events, watch the showcase performers, boardwalk performers, the watercraft rentals, putt putt, etc. never doing these things makes them little for us but we look forward to getting to relax at our own pace.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom