Bed Coverings

Tink28

Original Poster
What exactly is on the beds these days, specifically POR, looking at pictures it looks just like a sheet and not much else?
As travelling with my Mum thinking she may be cold

ToTBellHop

And now your bedding will have been washed at some point in the last year!

Those old comforters were NASTY! How often did you see a new comforter on the Mousekeeper carts to be delivered to a room?

disneyfirstLJ

I always bring a blanket from home when I travel. I found that I used it every night the last two trips to Disney. I would suggest packing a fleece style blanket that your mom could wrap herself up in if she gets chilly at night. Doesn't provide too much extra weight to luggage but does add extra comfort.

Tink28

Original Poster
I always bring a blanket from home when I travel. I found that I used it every night the last two trips to Disney. I would suggest packing a fleece style blanket that your mom could wrap herself up in if she gets chilly at night. Doesn't provide too much extra weight to luggage but does add extra comfort.
Yes did think about a fleece, thought I could pack one as would be useful when we go to Candlelight Processional if a bit chilly to sit on or put over legs, then thought perhaps I would find a lovely Christmassy Disney one to buy and use that!

Jahona

Comforters have gone the way of the dodo bird in most hotels and resorts. I find the sheet combo can be a bit light if you set the AC down low at night, but I also get cold fairly easily at night.

COProgressFan

And now your bedding will have been washed at some point in the last year!

Those old comforters were NASTY! How often did you see a new comforter on the Mousekeeper carts to be delivered to a room?
Only once a month during deep cleans ;)

Anyone know for sure if they're actually changing/cleaning the duvet covers between guests? I've heard conflicting information. If they're still only doing so monthly, its just as nasty as the comforters.

Jahona

The runners really don't get dirty that often as they are more decoration. I've never experienced one that was stained or looked/smelt dirty.

The Mom

Premium Member
So in other words, they are no cleaner than the old bed spreads. Yuck.

I think the top sheets (which are heavier than regular sheets, but not as heavy as a bedspread) are washed between guests. The smaller, decorative runners at the foot of the bed are not. But as mentioned, most people take them off the bed. Even if they don't they aren't having skin contact with them.

Cluno

We were at POR in April, and I was a touch on the cold side one or two nights. If your mom tends to get cold easily, you may want to pack a blanket or request another from mousekeeping.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom