Becoming a Cast Member

alice

Original Poster
I would love to work at WDW, so much that I may be moving to Orlando in May or June. I would be able to work part-time until the end of the year. What is the process of applying for a WDW job. What is the "casting center"? What other jobs could I get besides food and retail? (I have a ba in psych and some mgt experience.)

What is involved in character auditions? (What are my chances of becoming, say Alice, or even Minnie or Lilo?)

(Could I be one of those people that walk around the parks all day, just looking important and trading pins with guests? Could I have a walkie talkie? I'm getting off track...)

Any info would be appreciated!!:wave:

p.s. I already have the disney point down to a t!

TURKEY

Call 1-407-828-1000 for the Jobline. It will tell you what part/full time jobs are available at the time. It's too far to know what roles will be available when you are looking to move, but most any hourly role could become available.

I only transfered so my knowledge of what you do for applying is only what I have seen. You can walk in or schedule an appointment (DO THIS). You fill out some paperwork, watch a video on the company, and interview.

The JobLine can help answer questions about character auditions or someone else on these forums can. I have no idea. Becoming a friend of a fur character (Minnie, Lilo) shouldn't be too hard.

Most people just walking around with radios and non-costumed are managers. It's hard to get into a management role without any Disney experience unless there happens to be something there.

I had experience on a CP and was still within the company, yet there weren't any management roles available for me right now. It's much easier to interview and do the process once you become a hourly cast member anyway.

Pixie Duster

It is really difficult to become a manager without being with the company for a while. To be a friend of a character, fur wise, you have best chances of being one if you are 4' 8" - 5'3". If you start part time you can transfer to a full time position, but there is usually a waiting list and you get priority based on seniority, and once you get the opportunity you will most likely be transfering to a different area in order to be full time. It's a fun process :)

alice

Original Poster
well i'm almost 5'2, so that's good. what's a friend of a character? or those the cm's that stand by the characters, take pics for people, and keep the line moving in an orderly fashion?

Pixie Duster

Nope. One of the seven guidelines we follow is Preserve the Magical Guest Experience, so the friend of a character is that other person beside the person you just mentioned, get it?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom