1. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

Pre-Trip Because we have to go to Disney....it's what we do.

Discussion in 'WDW Trip Reports' started by Logan, Jul 17, 2017.

1. Logan

Logan New Member

The title of my thread says it all...I asked my son why we need to go on vacation after getting to take a few trips already this year...his response was classic and didn't skip a beat as we looked up from playing with his super heroes..."Because we have to go to Disney, daddy, it's what we do."

So, I'm a long time reader and I really enjoy taking in other members' Trip reports, I figured I'd give it a go myself for our upcoming trip (Still a ways out...). After a bunch of back and forth on where we were going to stay, we finally decided to book old faithful. Port Orleans- Riverside.

My wife has been trying for weeks to go through a few DVC rental places to try and get something new and much nicer for our trip this year. This would have been our first experience going this route, so we were pretty new to the game. We learned a few lessons in this process and will know this going forward. Long story short, we missed out on a few of our first choices and decided to just book the old fashion way. Through the phone directly with Disney. That's what led us to our favorite resort...POR. Since it seems that the time we are going, things were filling up pretty quickly, we went with it. It's been two years since we stayed here. Last October we stayed at the cabins at Fort Wilderness since we went with my inlaws as well.

When: Dec 8th-16th
    Where: Port Orleans Riverside
    Who: Myself, my wife, my Son (3 years old) Daughter (1 year old)
    Plans: still all tentative and in the works. We will def do the Mickey's very merry Christmas party one night.

My wife and I did Disney every year, sometimes twice a year pre kids....got engaged there, honeymoon'd there, anniversary trips there, etc.

This will my my son's 4th trip and my daughters 2nd.

I'll see if I can upload some pics of our last few trips. I'm just glad to have something on the books and look forward to sharing more as we move this process along.

2. RedNoseMickey

RedNoseMickey Well-Known Member

A trip at Christmas time will be even more magical. I can't wait to read all about it.

3. Zipitidoda

Zipitidoda Well-Known Member

Glad you decided to creep out of the woodwork and post. ;) I love POR so I think you've made a good choice. :happy:

RedNoseMickey likes this.
  4. Logan

Logan New Member Original Poster

Kind of random, but somewhat pertaining to this trip. Last night I got a Unique offer code in the mail and it specifically fell during the dates of this upcoming trip. So I decided to call them and see if that code could be applied to my trip to see what kind of savings we might be able to get. It was one of the up to 30% off (then read all the fine print). So I called and was told that even though I literally received this code in the mail yesterday it has been available since June 5th and that no more rooms were available at any resort level that fit this discount. We even considered switching to a deluxe if a room was found available. Anybody find it odd they would even send this code out and knowing that I called at the earliest I could, nothing was available. We typically have never used these codes we've gotten in the past, mainly because they haven't lined up with the dates we typically go....but I saw this in the mailbox and thought jackpot...guess it was too good to be true...

5. Logan

Logan New Member Original Poster

@Zipitidoda I really enjoy reading all the reports, so I thought, why not just bite the bullet and make our own.

And yes...POR is like our old faithful. It's the resort we've visited the most and always find ourselves going back there...we love it.

RedNoseMickey and Zipitidoda like this.
  6. Zipitidoda

Zipitidoda Well-Known Member

That sucks about the pin code. Way to bring you up then tear you down. Maybe if you keep checking someone will cancel and you can get a room discount that way.

Looking forward to more!