Beauty and the Beast 2017

Californian Elitist

Teaser trailer my friend, but all in due time! Remember the first teaser for cinderella was literally 30 seconds of a shoe lol So in that respect we already got so much more. And I am LOVING the set pieces here might I just say.

Hahaha Yeah, but I didn't care about Cinderella. Seriously, Beauty and the Beast is the only live-action adaptation from Disney I'm genuinely excited about.

So excited for that full trailer coming, whenever that'll be.

Sped2424

Original Poster
Hahaha Yeah, but I didn't care about Cinderella. Seriously, Beauty and the Beast is the only live-action adaptation from Disney I'm genuinely excited about.

So excited for that full trailer coming, whenever that'll be.
If Cinderella was any indication then november lol I wouldn't be surprised if they put it right in front of Moana.

I'm so so so excited for this. I was getting right into the trailer then it stopped, I want to see more aaaahh! Such a teaser! Can't wait for the movie next year, it's going to be incredible

brb1006

Teaser trailer my friend, but all in due time! Remember the first teaser for cinderella was literally 30 seconds of a shoe lol So in that respect we already got so much more. And I am LOVING the set pieces here might I just say.
I still remember seeing the teaser for Cinderella.

brb1006

Same thing that happened to the dozens of announced projects that kept hitting the news sites. Some are in dev some aren't! I wish I could know how they decide what gets priority but it's all very much circumstantial.
I'm sure it might get brought again in the future.

Californian Elitist

I'm with @raven24 . This subject matter is too good, the cast is too perfect, and the screenwriter/director combo makes too much sense. This is the only, Jungle Book included, Disney live action remake that makes sense.

It helps that the 90's animated film is the best Disney film ever made, of course.

Exactly. We've had this conversation before. Disney hasn't made a great live-action flick in over a decade. The Jungle Book was okay. I don't understand why people think it's great. Cinderella...nothing special. Maleficent was TERRIBLE. I pretty much have no faith in these upcoming cartoon-to-live-action films coming from Disney. The only exception is Beauty and the Beast, so far.

TLtron

The Jungle Book was okay. I don't understand why people think it's great.
For me personally, it was that stunningly beautiful instrumental score. I have been listening to that music pretty often since seeing the film a few weeks ago. Another reason I liked this film a lot was because....
They changed the moral of the story. In the original animated version, Mowgili didn't truly find his "happily ever after" until after he joined his own kind. Bageera was still encouraging him to go back to his own people, even after he defeated Shere Khan. The underlying moral of the animated story was that you're not truly happy until you're with your own people. But in this new version, Mowgili was happy staying in the jungle, and found happiness without having to stick to his own kind. The animals accepted the fact that he is a man and is allowed to be a man...not pretend to be something he's not. Yet he can also stay in the jungle if that's where he's content.
Also throw in the amazing scenery effects with landscape, etc. So yes, I personally thought it was pretty darn good. Not perfect, but well done.

Californian Elitist

For me personally, it was that stunningly beautiful instrumental score. I have been listening to that music pretty often since seeing the film a few weeks ago. Another reason I liked this film a lot was because....
They changed the moral of the story. In the original animated version, Mowgili didn't truly find his "happily ever after" until after he joined his own kind. Bageera was still encouraging him to go back to his own people, even after he defeated Shere Khan. The underlying moral of the animated story was that you're not truly happy until you're with your own people. But in this new version, Mowgili was happy staying in the jungle, and found happiness without having to stick to his own kind. The animals accepted the fact that he is a man and is allowed to be a man...not pretend to be something he's not. Yet he can also stay in the jungle if that's where he's content.
Also throw in the amazing scenery effects with landscape, etc. So yes, I personally thought it was pretty darn good. Not perfect, but well done.

Thanks for explaining.

I wasn't that impressed, but like I said, it was a million times better than Maleficent, so there's that.

Sped2424

Original Poster
I'm with @raven24 . This subject matter is too good, the cast is too perfect, and the screenwriter/director combo makes too much sense. This is the only, Jungle Book included, Disney live action remake that makes sense.

It helps that the 90's animated film is the best Disney film ever made, of course.
I agree this is going to hands down be the best live action film out of Disney. Plus this version is going to fill in minor details left out in the first film (Why is there castle with a price that no one knows about, etc etc). And with two original new songs being added I think they have something truly iconic on their hands.

Flippin'Flounder

Exactly. We've had this conversation before. Disney hasn't made a great live-action flick in over a decade. The Jungle Book was okay. I don't understand why people think it's great. Cinderella...nothing special. Maleficent was TERRIBLE. I pretty much have no faith in these upcoming cartoon-to-live-action films coming from Disney. The only exception is Beauty and the Beast, so far.
I fell asleep during Maleficent... In theaters! It was one of the worst movies I've ever seen.

Californian Elitist

I fell asleep during Maleficent... In theaters! It was one of the worst movies I've ever seen.

I had plans on seeing it in theaters, but it never happened. I ended up watching it on cable.

Definitely one of the worst I've seen, too. What irked me the most was the plot, which I felt was very weak. Sometimes I can support a story changing (take Hook, for example), but it didn't work with the character. And the obvious CGI was almost unbearable.

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
http://www.ew.com/article/2016/05/24/beauty-beast-teaser-tops-star-wars-marvel

The first teaser trailer for Disney’s live-action remake of Beauty and the Beast had a monster first day, racking up a record 91.8 million views during its first 24 hours.

The Beauty and the Beast teaser also crushed those of Captain America: Civil War (61 million) and Avengers: Age of Ultron (34 million). Counting full trailers, however, Star Wars: The Force Awakens remains king of the hill with well over 100 million views.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Thanks for explaining.

I wasn't that impressed, but like I said, it was a million times better than Maleficent, so there's that.

I too found it forgetable.. and lacking in the memorable songs/sequences that the original had (even with all its flaws).

I like enchanted more than any of these others I've seen.. mainly because its takes its own course and isn't afraid to poke fun at the stereotype itself. That and it had some great musical pieces.

Sped2424

Original Poster

The first teaser trailer for Disney’s live-action remake of Beauty and the Beast had a monster first day, racking up a record 91.8 million views during its first 24 hours.

The Beauty and the Beast teaser also crushed those of Captain America: Civil War (61 million) and Avengers: Age of Ultron (34 million). Counting full trailers, however, Star Wars: The Force Awakens remains king of the hill with well over 100 million views.
I'm not shocked this is Disney's golden fairytale the anticipation for this project is rather serious I wonder if it will beat star wars when it gets its full trailer.

Last edited:

flynnibus

Premium Member

I'm convinced youtube views are fudged now or something seriously games the system. The EXPLOSIVE growth of view counts doesn't really line up with growth in internet adoption. Are people really watching things 3 orders of magnitude more more than they were just a short time ago? Viral distribution hasn't changed much.. it just doesn't add up.

doesn't hurt that it ties into advertising too...

flynnibus

Premium Member
I'm not shocked this is Disney's golden fairytale the anticipation for this project is rather serious

outside of disney fan circles.. I've seen it mentioned once. It seems cinderella was making more waves.. maybe because it was really the first to tackle these untouchable classics in a direct retelling

Sped2424

Original Poster
outside of disney fan circles.. I've seen it mentioned once. It seems cinderella was making more waves.. maybe because it was really the first to tackle these untouchable classics in a direct retelling
Nah I am telling you no one I knew was excited for Cinderella but everyone in my office was talking about this teaser trailer.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom