Bear sighted at Ft Wilderness? (12/9)

PhotoDave219

Original Poster
Looks like a bear was spotted at the campground. They are at "phase 1 bear sighting" until further notice.

I have no specifics beyond this. I have no idea what a phase 1 bear sighting is, Beyond the blatantly obvious. I have no idea what the phases of bears are. No word as to whether or not The bear in question was wearing a red shirt.

Have fun with this one kids…

Soarin' Over Pgh

pooh.jpg

Nemo14

In all seriousness, it's not the first time there has been a bear sighting at FW, and it's not really surprising. I know last year we were checking out alternate communities to stay in this winter, and one that we checked out, which had a view of Everest when you exited the development, had signs posted for the residents about bears invading their trash cans. So they're definitely in the area.

Goofyernmost

In all seriousness, it's not the first time there has been a bear sighting at FW, and it's not really surprising. I know last year we were checking out alternate communities to stay in this winter, and one that we checked out, which had a view of Everest when you exited the development, had signs posted for the residents about bears invading their trash cans. So they're definitely in the area.
Well, in that case, I am convinced that it is a good idea to go someplace else and leave your little bear behind. :joyfull:

PhotoDave219

Original Poster

Not in the least.

I just think it's amusing that there's a specific status for this.... "phase 1 bear sighting"..... Just makes me laugh with the absurdity of it.

I've heard all sorts of stories about woodland critters and their behaviors as well as the campers. (None I can repeat) and it seems that's where all the shenninagans happen.

Nemo14

Not in the least.

I just think it's amusing that there's a specific status for this.... "phase 1 bear sighting"..... Just makes me laugh with the absurdity of it.

I've heard all sorts of stories about woodland critters and their behaviors as well as the campers. (None I can repeat) and it seems that's where all the shenninagans happen.

I think Phase 1 means an actual sighting, whereas Phase 2 or what ever would be "signs" of a bear in the area (tracks, excrement (they do p o o p in the woods you know), damage to property or people, etc)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom