Beach or Yacht Club

DaGoof00

Original Poster
Which one do you guys recommend over the other and why?

Thanks guys! Looking to give one of them a try for the Food and Wine Festival this October

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Having had both good and not-so-good experiences at each, the decision comes down to personal preference.

Yacht seems to have a quieter overall feel than Beach. The Beach lobby is always bustling with people, especially families, while Yacht is more sedate.

Beach is a much closer walk to Epcot. Yacht has some really long hallways and it can be a hike just to reach the lobby. But Yacht is closer to the boat dock and is picked up first at the bus stop, so you are more likely to get a seat.

Yacht has full balconies on all upper floor rooms whereas Beach does not. Many rooms at Beach only have a door leading out to a small space where one person can stand. If you want a guaranteed full balcony, choose Yacht.

There is no quick-service location in Yacht; you have to walk over to Beach Club Marketplace in order to refill your mug or get hot food. (The lounge at Yacht serves a light continental breakfast.)

Yacht has three full service restaurants: Captain's Grille, Yachtsman Steakhouse and Crew's Cup Lounge. Beach has Cape May Buffet.

Most of the rooms at Beach have been recently refurbished in the last year; Yacht is due soon.

With either, you still get the best pool area on property and quick access to two theme parks.

epcotisbest

Having had both good and not-so-good experiences at each, the decision comes down to personal preference.

Yacht seems to have a quieter overall feel than Beach. The Beach lobby is always bustling with people, especially families, while Yacht is more sedate.

Beach is a much closer walk to Epcot. Yacht has some really long hallways and it can be a hike just to reach the lobby. But Yacht is closer to the boat dock and is picked up first at the bus stop, so you are more likely to get a seat.

Yacht has full balconies on all upper floor rooms whereas Beach does not. Many rooms at Beach only have a door leading out to a small space where one person can stand. If you want a guaranteed full balcony, choose Yacht.

There is no quick-service location in Yacht; you have to walk over to Beach Club Marketplace in order to refill your mug or get hot food. (The lounge at Yacht serves a light continental breakfast.)

Yacht has three full service restaurants: Captain's Grille, Yachtsman Steakhouse and Crew's Cup Lounge. Beach has Cape May Buffet.

Most of the rooms at Beach have been recently refurbished in the last year; Yacht is due soon.

With either, you still get the best pool area on property and quick access to two theme parks.
Excellent comparative analysis...much more helpful than my six of one, half dozen of the other comparison! :eek:

epcotisbest

Thanks for the info! We are also considering a stay at BC over our normal WL.
Wilderness Lodge is our favorite and we have stayed there multiple times, but we really enjoy staying at other places. When we stayed at BC and at YC, neither time did we wish we had gone back to WL instead. The new experience made up for not being at our favorite. Truth be known, I'd probably live at WL if they would let me, but I would still visit other resorts...weird huh?

DiSnEyF@n

Grew up going to the Yacht Club year after year after year. We now go to the Dolphin bi-annually and we constantly walk bass the YC/BC and I wish I was staying there. I have never stayed at the Beach Club but if the Yacht Club was full that would be my next favorite place to stay.

No matter your choice you will have a wonderful time! Enjoy!

surfsupdon

I am a Yacht Club snob. Fave Resort.

BUT!

I would choose to stay at Beach Club at this time....they have brand spanking new rooms which are beautiful. Yacht rooms really show their age right now.

Choose Beach for that reason alone.

DaisyDoesDisney

I am a Yacht Club snob. Fave Resort.

BUT!

I would choose to stay at Beach Club at this time....they have brand spanking new rooms which are beautiful. Yacht rooms really show their age right now.

Choose Beach for that reason alone.
This comment is making me wonder if Yacht Club is the wrong choice for my December trip. We're staying club level for a week and the price tag is on the high side. I'll be really disappointed if the room is run down and shabby :(

BrianV

So does every room at the yacht club have a balcony? Do first floors have patios?

I guess I didn't realize that!!

LAM378

This comment is making me wonder if Yacht Club is the wrong choice for my December trip. We're staying club level for a week and the price tag is on the high side. I'll be really disappointed if the room is run down and shabby :(

The work at YC will be started as soon as BC is complete. At BC they started from the top down, 5th floor (club level) first, and I've heard they'll do the same at YC. BC CL renovations took 2 months, mid-October to mid-December. They're still renovating the 2nd floor now at BC, putting YC on track for a fall start.

December is a crapshoot--CL might be in the middle of renovations, with a temporary lounge somewhere, like they did at BC...or you might get lucky and be staying in brand new room with a beautiful new CL lounge. If CL is done and they've moved on to 4th floor, it could be noisy. Or construction might start on another level and you'll be in the current CL. For what it's worth, my rooms at YC last year weren't pristine, but they weren't shabby.

If BC CL is available for your dates and if it isn't too much more expensive, I would give some thought to staying there instead.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom