Beach Club Resort vs. Beach Club Studio Villa

meganwdw

Original Poster
Hi all!! I'm doing some preliminary planning for a 2018 10 day trip with my family of 10. We are looking to stay at the Beach Club but are debating b/n a studio and a regular resort room. With 5 in each room and the length of our stay should we look into the studio? I've also noticed that it appears the studio rates are a bit lower than a garden view room which is what we would reserve. Any thought???? :)

Rob562

If there are more than 2 adults you may find that the Studio is slightly cheaper since there are no extra-adult fees in the DVC units. I also think that 5 people is relatively new in the BCV studios (only since the recent refurb). Also note that the 5th person will be on a smaller bed.

If you're looking at the Studio, perhaps look into renting DVC points. It'll be cheaper than booking direct through Disney. Also note that even once the 2018 rates come out you won't be able to book the Studio until 11 months out from your arrival.

-Rob

Simba's Mom

However, I have a friend who reported that they slept on the smaller bed-they're 5'9" and almost 200 lbs and were perfectly comfortable. They reported that in response to my comment that the beds seemed awfully small so I speculated how big a person would be comfortable. Apparently a bigger one than I thought when I saw the bed!

StarWarsGirl

Hi all!! I'm doing some preliminary planning for a 2018 10 day trip with my family of 10. We are looking to stay at the Beach Club but are debating b/n a studio and a regular resort room. With 5 in each room and the length of our stay should we look into the studio? I've also noticed that it appears the studio rates are a bit lower than a garden view room which is what we would reserve. Any thought???? :)
Both sections of the hotel have newly renovated rooms, with the villas being slightly newer. Be aware that if you book two studios, you will have a queen bed, sleeper sofa, and a pull down bed, whereas in the regular hotel, you'll get two queen beds and a daybed. I'm not sure how large the daybeds are in the regular rooms. The pull down in the studios works just fine for my 5'7" teenage brother. Obviously, the queen beds are going to be a bit more comfy than the sofa beds, though as far as sofa beds go, the ones at BCV are really not that bad.

For the studios, you also have a kitchenette, which is lacking in the regular rooms. This includes a sink, mini fridge, microwave, coffee maker, and some dishes.

The studios are a slightly further walk from the main pool than the hotel rooms, but not horrible. The villas also has a smaller quiet pool and hot tub that basically never closes (they say it's open until 11, but you can get in after that and no one chases you out unless there's a thunderstorm) and is a lot less busy than the main pool area, so if you want some quiet time, it's definitely a good option (though you can use it if you're staying in the regular rooms, but it's location is prime for villa guests).

If you decide to go the studio route, look into renting points. It will likely cost less than booking the room straight out, but you need to plan about 11 months out if you go that route. If you rent points, the main difference is no maid service every day. You'll get trash and towel service and/or a full cleaning depending on your length of stay. If you are looking to go the studio route, look at Poly as well. Their studios are bigger and come with an extra sink and shower area, and they also sleep five.

meganwdw

Original Poster
Thanks! We are traveling with 4 adults (2 per room) and 6 kids. Is there a difference in the space? Do you think we'd be more comfortable in a studio vs. a room given that we are staying 10 days?

mouse_luv

You might want to look into renting a grand villa at Boardwalk Villas right across the lake from BCV. It would be able to accommodate all of you (if that's something you would be okay with). Just another option.

Rob562

"4 adults and 6 kids in 2 rooms for 10 days"

I think that just gave me a minor panic attack...
Definitely look into larger accommodations, whether it's 3 rooms (hotel rooms can connect, studios cannot), a 3 bedroom villa as mentioned, or even a 2 bedroom and a studio.

-Rob

meganwdw

Original Poster
"4 adults and 6 kids in 2 rooms for 10 days"

I think that just gave me a minor panic attack...
Definitely look into larger accommodations, whether it's 3 rooms (hotel rooms can connect, studios cannot), a 3 bedroom villa as mentioned, or even a 2 bedroom and a studio.

-Rob
Ha, ha, ha!!!! Trust, we are exploring all our options keeping our budget in mind! Panic attack! LOL!

JusticeDisney

You will be quite crowded with that many people no matter which of those two options you select. As for the quality of the rooms, however, you simply cannot go wrong either way.

StarWarsGirl

Thanks! We are traveling with 4 adults (2 per room) and 6 kids. Is there a difference in the space? Do you think we'd be more comfortable in a studio vs. a room given that we are staying 10 days?
If anything, the studios are slightly smaller than the regular rooms.

The best studios, if you're looking at that route, are at Poly. They are converted hotel rooms and they are larger than any of the other studios. They were renovated before BCV was, but they are very, very nice. The two showers per studio situation is also ideal there. The pool area is not as nice as at BCV, but it's a monorail resort with fairly easy access to both Epcot and MK (you can walk to the TTC, skipping the monorail transfer to Epcot), and they have a nice pool area over there. As far as booking goes, getting into Poly is also easier at this point than BCV.

If you can swing it, I'd honestly go for a two bedroom where you would put most of the kids and two adults and a studio for the additional two adults (and any kids who want to stay with them) if you really want to do BCV. We only have four people (three adults and one teen) in the rooms, and it gets tight in there. I cannot imagine two adults and three kids in each room.

meganwdw

Original Poster
If anything, the studios are slightly smaller than the regular rooms.

The best studios, if you're looking at that route, are at Poly. They are converted hotel rooms and they are larger than any of the other studios. They were renovated before BCV was, but they are very, very nice. The two showers per studio situation is also ideal there. The pool area is not as nice as at BCV, but it's a monorail resort with fairly easy access to both Epcot and MK (you can walk to the TTC, skipping the monorail transfer to Epcot), and they have a nice pool area over there. As far as booking goes, getting into Poly is also easier at this point than BCV.

If you can swing it, I'd honestly go for a two bedroom where you would put most of the kids and two adults and a studio for the additional two adults (and any kids who want to stay with them) if you really want to do BCV. We only have four people (three adults and one teen) in the rooms, and it gets tight in there. I cannot imagine two adults and three kids in each room.
We all stayed at the Poly for our 2016 extravaganza but we stayed in 2 standard rooms and the space was fine given the amount of time we actually spent in our rooms. I'm pushing for the Poly studio but others would like to stay at the BC since none of us have ever stayed there. We'd REALLY like to stay in a Grand Villa. We've stayed in one at OKW when our girls were 2 and 4 but they LOVED the Poly and I know we'd love BC. However, I do not know if we could swing the cost of a Grand Villa anywhere other than at OKW. So, maybe the 2bdr and the studio is the way to go. Or, just 2 studios at the Poly! I do love the Poly!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom