Beach Club Resort Room vs. Villa

Jenevra

Original Poster
Hi Everyone,

We're looking at staying at the Beach Club Resort again in January and I was somewhat surprised to see that a Studio Villa is less expensive than a standard resort room. What are the pros/cons of each? Sleeping arrangements would basically be the same in either case for us, and I see the Villa has a microwave, but I'm not seeing much else different. Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Jen

minnielaw

I am not 100% sure of this, but we stayed in a studio Villa at Boardwalk Villas last October and I assume they are similar.

The studio has one queen size bed and a pull out sofa, where the one bedroom regular room has two queen beds. The studio also has a microwave, sink, dishes (paper plates and cups) and cutlery (plastic). Both should have similar sized refrigerators.

PhilharMagician

The villas are certainly closer to the main lobby and the walkway between the two is outdoors, but at least covered.

The Studio Villa will have a microwave, cups, plates, glasses, wine bottle opener, toaster, plastic forks, knives and spoons, DVD player, sleeper sofa bed, one queen size bed. You can get an Epcot/Illuminations view, but do not get too hopeful. You cannot see much even from the top floor except some of the higher fireworks and massive glow from fire barge. I have not stayed there in at least 7 years and back then you could not see well above the trees from the top floor and the trees have to be taller now.

Standard room will have 2 queen beds.

Both will have refrigerator, balcony, desk, safe and all the common other deluxe resort room stuff.

The standard room will also have the option of lake views which you cannot get in the villas. One thing I am not positive about is housekeeping service when staying in the villas for cash without DVC discount. You may or may not have daily housekeeping service. Basically DVC members staying on points or DVC cash discount rooms get trash and towel service @ day 4 and full cleaning on day 7.

Ariel484

I've stayed in studios at the Beach Club and the Boardwalk, and in a room on the Inn side at the Boardwalk (which is set up the same as the Beach Club rooms).

I think the main differences are....
- Villas will have a queen bed, where regular rooms will have 2 queen beds OR a king bed (maybe? We got a king room at BWI for our honeymoon in 2009)
- Villas have one sink in the bathroom area, where regular rooms have double sinks (this is the biggest difference to me...I like the double sinks!)
- Vlike @minnielaw said, the villas have an additional small sink with cups, dishes, etc.

Here's our Boardwalk Inn room from 2009 (with king bed)...Beach Club rooms are set up the same way with different decor:
DSC00394.JPG

DSC00395.JPG

DSC00396.JPG

This is the Beach Club studio I stayed in (January 2012)...couple of notes:
- I got a handicapped room, so the set-up won't look quite like this (i.e. the sink would be outside of the bathroom)
- The Beach Club villas rooms need to be updated. I thought the decor was pretty tired-looking
- Apologies for the poor lighting!
IMG_5095.JPG

IMG_5097.JPG

Of course now that I look through my pictures I see I missed the bathroom and the sink area...so here's pictures of our Boardwalk studio from June 2011. The set-up is similar at Beach Club except for the decor:
IMG_3660.jpg

IMG_3661.jpg

IMG_3665.JPG

IMG_3666.JPG

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
The villas are certainly closer to the main lobby and the walkway between the two is outdoors, but at least covered.

The Studio Villa will have a microwave, cups, plates, glasses, wine bottle opener, toaster, plastic forks, knives and spoons, DVD player, sleeper sofa bed, one queen size bed. You can get an Epcot/Illuminations view, but do not get too hopeful. You cannot see much even from the top floor except some of the higher fireworks and massive glow from fire barge. I have not stayed there in at least 7 years and back then you could not see well above the trees from the top floor and the trees have to be taller now.

Standard room will have 2 queen beds.

Both will have refrigerator, balcony, desk, safe and all the common other deluxe resort room stuff.

The standard room will also have the option of lake views which you cannot get in the villas. One thing I am not positive about is housekeeping service when staying in the villas for cash without DVC discount. You may or may not have daily housekeeping service. Basically DVC members staying on points or DVC cash discount rooms get trash and towel service @ day 4 and full cleaning on day 7.
If you are a paying guests in a DVC room you get Daily Housekeeping just like any other regular resort guest. We have stayed at DVC resorts many times as paying guests and they definately come every day and do a full clean,etc. :)

Lexie

I have also stayed in both and there is no big differ ce... You are a little further away from te main pool but no big deal! We actually paid less for the villa to which is why we did it. Fingers crossed that we can get a 2 bedroom villa for next August.. We love the beach club and are traveling with a big party this time!

NeedMoreMickey

Stayed at BCV in April and we had double sink outside the bathroom, housekeeping every day. In 2009 we stayed at BC and had a king bed not two queens and the room was at the end of the hall so it was set up a little different. I guess not all of the rooms are the same.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom