Beach club or wilderness lodge?

Jess G

Original Poster
Crashing the parks for a few days and then heading over to a deluxe for a few days to relax. Which would you choose and why? No children on this trip, we will be spending plenty of time in and around the resort.

mdubm

Since you have no kids, I'm inclined to say beach club. You're right at the BoardWalk area which has great entertainment- centered mostly around adults. You're in walking distance to bars and restaurants. Wilderness is lovely but a little more secluded.

correcaminos

Since you have no kids, I'm inclined to say beach club. You're right at the BoardWalk area which has great entertainment- centered mostly around adults. You're in walking distance to bars and restaurants. Wilderness is lovely but a little more secluded.
This completely! Far more dining choices as well.

LAM378

Unless you think the seclusion and woodsy feel of WL will really do it for you, go with BC.

If you still have park passes for that part of your trip, it's wonderful beyond belief to be able to walk from BC to World Showcase. You could easily spend every evening there, then hit the Boardwalk or enjoy the atmosphere at Y&BC after Epcot closes at 9.

wdwmamamouse

I love WL - quiet, less crowded pool, watercraft to MK and Contemporary where you can hop on monorail...stroll over to Ft. Wilderness plus we really enjoy the WL lobby area --very nice bar and the new Geyser Point is great. If you are looking for a calmer experience I would choose WL. That said, BC is a fantastic resort ...the location if you are going to the parks is terrific and they are close to lots of good dining options---just busier and more crowded...let us know what you decide!

Notes from Neverland

I love WL - quiet, less crowded pool, watercraft to MK and Contemporary where you can hop on monorail...stroll over to Ft. Wilderness plus we really enjoy the WL lobby area --very nice bar and the new Geyser Point is great. If you are looking for a calmer experience I would choose WL. That said, BC is a fantastic resort ...the location if you are going to the parks is terrific and they are close to lots of good dining options---just busier and more crowded...let us know what you decide!

You can take a boat to Contemporary from WL? I didn't know that. Too cool. I'll have to check that out.

MagicalMaci

In the Parks
Yes
What time of year are you traveling? I honestly don't think you can go wrong with either, two of my favorites!

I love the Wilderness Lodge in the winter/for the holidays. It just has that cozy feel. It has wonderful dining choices and you can hop the boat to the Contemporary for easy access to the Monorail resort dining and everything as well.

In the summer I'd prefer the Beach Club because you can take full advantage of the amazing pool and the Boardwalk entertainment and offerings in the evening.

DisneyJunkie

If those are you two options, I'd go with Wilderness Lodge.....by a very large margin. It's the much nicer resort, and if you're someone who spends plenty of time at the Magic Kingdom, it's far closer.

Jess G

Original Poster
If those are you two options, I'd go with Wilderness Lodge.....by a very large margin. It's the much nicer resort, and if you're someone who spends plenty of time at the Magic Kingdom, it's far closer.

I guess technically my options would be any one of the deluxe resorts. Hubby and I were originally going to go for Grand Flo but I was thinking we should work our way up to that. We love AKL, if it were up to him we would stay there every time. I want to try something new so BC and WL were the ones that have previously caught my interest.

Jess G

Original Poster
What time of year are you traveling? I honestly don't think you can go wrong with either, two of my favorites!

I love the Wilderness Lodge in the winter/for the holidays. It just has that cozy feel. It has wonderful dining choices and you can hop the boat to the Contemporary for easy access to the Monorail resort dining and everything as well.

In the summer I'd prefer the Beach Club because you can take full advantage of the amazing pool and the Boardwalk entertainment and offerings in the evening.

This trip will be in February . We're doing AoA with friends for 4 nights and hitting all the parks, than we plan to head to a deluxe for 4 more nights to relax and chill out.

MotherofaPrincessLover

That is a tough one. I stayed at both on my last trip and loved both of them. For some reason, I really fell in love with WL. If you go with WL, you will be really close to FW which has several activities you could do. It's a hard choice for sure.

Kamikaze

Crashing the parks for a few days and then heading over to a deluxe for a few days to relax. Which would you choose and why? No children on this trip, we will be spending plenty of time in and around the resort.

Beach Club, not even a comparison. Convenience to two parks, the best pool on property, the Boardwalk. For an adults trip the Boardwalk area can't be beat.

DisneyPrincess5

I guess technically my options would be any one of the deluxe resorts. Hubby and I were originally going to go for Grand Flo but I was thinking we should work our way up to that. We love AKL, if it were up to him we would stay there every time. I want to try something new so BC and WL were the ones that have previously caught my interest.

This trip will be in February . We're doing AoA with friends for 4 nights and hitting all the parks, than we plan to head to a deluxe for 4 more nights to relax and chill out.
Which deluxe to choose from-isn't that like, the best problem EVER?!?
I would consider many things. You're going in February so depending on weather, do you plan on using the pool? Do you plan on dining within or around your resort? Do you plan on visiting any parks during those 4 chill days? I'd consider what's most important to you at the resort, it's area, and what it offers. Hard to say but pick what fits your needs best! Happy choosing!

wdwfan22

Beach Club is a far better choice then Wilderness Lodge. Dining options, rooms, view and location are far superior then what the Wilderness Lodge can offer.

I've never stayed at Beach Club, but I can say I was greatly impressed with Wilderness Lodge on my most recent visit. I really appreciate the ambiance of the resort and the Natural Park theme throughout. One of my favorite details was the beautiful waterfall that runs off from a fountain in the lobby. Also convenient was the boat service to MK and FW. We also stayed at WL in January, which may have added to its cozy factor for me. Beach Club is a lovely resort in its own right, and its convenience to Boardwalk and Epcot are pretty big pluses for a no-kids vacation. There's something really magical about walking that Boardwalk in the summer. Either way, you cant go wrong!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom