Be straight with me!!

Main Street USA

HauntedPirate said:
Well, I don't believe you can buy into DVC for half of today's prices. The cheapest I've seen is in the upper $70's per point. Ok, just checked around it's $63 per point, at Vero Beach. Close to half, I guess... almost. ;)

What helped us swallow the upfront cost is when you spread that out over 50 years, it's peanuts. Something like $3.80 per point is what we'll end up paying, factoring in inflation. For us, that sounded like a really good price to pay for deluxe-class accomodations for the next 50 years.
I totally agree with you, too. But until a person or family needs DVC type accomodations, you're going to pay for something you don't need/want.

Believe me, I can't wait for a time in my life (having children) when I'll be able to utilize DVC. When that time comes, I'm all over it. ;)

Main Street USA said:
I'm trying to make a simple point that DVC is VERY EXPENSIVE, and if you finance it, you will be paying more than you otherwise would for the first ten years, and it doesn't matter if you finance it through Disney, or even get a HELOC. You'll still be paying more for those years.

But you're now saying that it's "well worth the cost in the long run". I'm glad you agree.

Main Street USA

ConstanceIrene said:
But you're now saying that it's "well worth the cost in the long run". I'm glad you agree.
I always said that. Just read my previous posts. Everyone keeps picking out the parts where I say that it's also very expensive up front.....and it still is, and always will be. If people would take the time to read the entire post instead of picking out my points that they want to dispute, then you would've realized that I agreed with you a long time ago.

Main Street USA said:
I always said that. Just read my previous posts. Everyone keeps picking out the parts where I say that it's also very expensive up front.....and it still is, and always will be. If people would take the time to read the entire post instead of picking out my points that they want to dispute, then you would've realized that I agreed with you a long time ago.

People did read your entire posts and they did disagree with certain aspects of them so they responded. That's what discussion is all about. Nobody got hot under the collar and all kinds of good points were brought out.

I'm glad you agree that, in the long run, DVC is a wonderful investment. In a few years, I hope you have a couple of healthy kids and become a member.

Main Street USA

ConstanceIrene said:
People did read your entire posts and they did disagree with certain aspects of them so they responded. That's what discussion is all about. Nobody got hot under the collar and all kinds of good points were brought out.

I'm glad you agree that, in the long run, DVC is a wonderful investment. In a few years, I hope you have a couple of healthy kids and become a member.
Your last post implied that I had not been saying all along that it was worth it in the long run, which is why I told you to read the whole post. ;)

Main Street USA

ConstanceIrene said:
I didn't imply anything. Have a nice day.
You're right. It was more of a direct comment. You said "..but you're now saying.." when it's what I was saying all along, which is why I corrected you. You have a nice day, too. ;)

Main Street USA

ConstanceIrene said:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

OK.
Listen kid, we are off the subject and into a game of semantics. This thread is done.
First, I'm no kid, and you don't know me, nor will you ever know me. You're not that lucky. ;)

Second, this has nothing to do with semantics. You seem to either have a problem reading, or just a general problem with being proven wrong. I quoted you directly, and did, indeed, correct you. Deal with it...............kid.

I'm off to deal with much more important things like............well.........anything but dealing with people like you. It'll be ok. Just try to relax. :)

EDIT: On a side note, I'd like to thank all of you who were able to act like adults and discuss the topic at hand. I'm sure many read the conversation and learned a lot abot the DVC, which, as we all may recall, was the original purpose of the thread. :wave:

Main Street USA said:
First, I'm no kid, and you don't know me, nor will you ever know me. You're not that lucky. ;)

Second, this has nothing to do with semantics. You seem to either have a problem reading, or just a general problem with being proven wrong. I quoted you directly, and did, indeed, correct you. Deal with it...............kid.

I'm off to deal with much more important things like............well.........anything but dealing with people like you. It'll be ok. Just try to relax. :)

EDIT: On a side note, I'd like to thank all of you who were able to act like adults and discuss the topic at hand. I'm sure many read the conversation and learned a lot abot the DVC, which, as we all may recall, was the original purpose of the thread. :wave:

Whatever you say. You had bowed out of this discussion ages ago and, yet, kept coming back to comment on every post. I suspect that you need very much to get the last word. Take it, kid, if it means that much to you. Anything else you need to say, like insulting or thinking you can correct me, can be done in a PM.

Main Street USA

ConstanceIrene said:
Whatever you say. You had bowed out of this discussion ages ago and, yet, kept coming back to comment on every post. I suspect that you need very much to get the last word. Take it, kid, if it means that much to you. Anything else you need to say, like insulting or thinking you can correct me, can be done in a PM.
:lol: Ooooooooooooooook. Have a magical day!

MadameCheshire

My Dad, brother and I visit WDW at least once a year. My Mom and Dad bought into DVC. We recently bought more points. My Dad says many times that he never regrets buying the points.

And trust me.. my brother and I LOVE that he bought them. It is well worth it.

disneyhappy

Do you regret buying in to the DVC? NOPE!!!!

How often do you visit WDW? we were going twice a year, so we figured that this was a wondrful opportunity for us since we go so ofen

How far away from WDW do you live? We live in Texas. 1300 miles away and we drive straight through if airline tickets are to high

How many points do you own? (if that's not too personal of a question ) we just got 150 points. We will add on if DVC at the Contemporary comes through or sooner, but probably no more than 100. I don't want to pay to much in dues every year

Manda319

do you regret? Not at all!!!
How often do you visit? Once a year but probably more now that we have the points.
How far away? Pretty far considering that we usually drive from long island which takes about 18 hours straight.
How many points? 270

jeffwrights

1. Do I regret..never!
2.How often..DW 1x a year...DL 4 to 5 times a year
3. A 3.5 hour flight from Phoenix
4. 700 points

We own at:
OKW, BWV, SSR

Jeff:sohappy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom