Be Our Guest Lunch- Is it worth it?

correcaminos

We too travel a lot and enjoy fine cuisine and also down to local dives wherever we go since we are foodies. Food is a very important part of our trips and we try not to waste time on mediocre food. Never said y'all did not get out there and travel and know good food too. For example Some love Narcoosees and we can't stand it. Lol It's the only signature restaurant at WDW we don't enjoy and don't go back to often.
So we also know good food and still can enjoy BOG for what it is. My sandwich is always warm and has never been fatty at all and have eaten it 5+ times now. Not saying y'all are mistaken at all, but I just have not experienced that yet at BOG. Sorry that has been the case when you have went. That is always disappinting. ;)
We'll see what we get today. I just wish MK had better food options in general. I always feel like hearded sheep no matter where we eat - with the sole exception of Skippers Canteen. I give places a 3 strikes and your out rule. This is their last shot. Last time they lost our order and forgot food when we did reorder.

I am not a foodie as in I do not seek out gourmet foods nor is food a focus for me (used to be 85 pounds heavier s food cannot be a focus), but when I eat I want it to taste okay. Sadly I find most of Disney food to be mediocre and to me BOG falls into that range. I like flavor to my meals and Disney for a long time, has been dumbing down foods. I am beginning to see an upswing with newer restaurants in the last 1-2 years at least. The small changes like having flatbreads instead of greasy pizza too is nice.

So we are going to see if there have been any more positive changes in food today at BOG. If not, there's always the resorts or easy to get Skippers Canteen.

Weather_Lady

FWIW, we've been to BOG for lunch three times over six years. Our observations:
- With each visit, the food quality has dipped slightly (while prices have increased dramatically), and the amount of time it takes to wait in line to get in, wait to order, place your order and wait for your food has gotten longer. (Last time, we waited 20 minutes to order, the ordering process was glitchy and it took another 5+ minutes to accomplish it, and then we waited another 15-20 minutes to get our food, so the meal ended up taking just as long as a table service meal would have.)
- That being said, even though the food isn't as good as it was a few years ago, it's still better than 90% of the CS offerings elsewhere in the MK, and the restaurant is unique and beautiful -- unfortunately cafeteria-like in scale and noise level, but it's the prettiest cafeteria you've ever visited. The French onion soup, the salads and quiche, and the ham-and-cheese sandwich have been favorites of my family members.
- In summary, if your priority is CS food quality rather than time efficiency, and is you'd like to see the inside of the restaurant without having to pay an arm and a leg, BOG for lunch (rather than dinner) is a great choice and "worth it." In contrast, if you don't have lots of time to spend on a CS lunch and don't care to wait in a long line for CS even with a reservation, but have lots of time in the evening and don't mind spending a bit more in exchange for a more relaxing experience, then going there for dinner might be the better option.

Last edited:

tribbleorlfl

Hi All,

This far, I've managed to snag a BOG resrevation for lunch, but would really like dinner. Has anyone done lunch at BOG? Was it worth it, or is dinner that much better? I've been there for dinner only, so I have no basis for comparison.

Thank you!
Personally, I think BoG for Lunch is a better value than Dinner. While the Dinner menu is fine, I wasn't blown away by the food or portion sizes for what they charged.

Lunch, on the other hand, is one of the best Quick Services on property. Plus, you get the "magic" of them brining your food right to your table.

correcaminos

FWIW, we've been to BOG for lunch three times over six years. Our observations:
- With each visit, the food quality has dipped slightly (while prices have increased dramatically), and the amount of time it takes to wait in line to get in, wait to order, place your order and wait for your food has gotten longer. (Last time, we waited 20 minutes to order, the ordering process was glitchy and it took another 5+ minutes to accomplish it, and then we waited another 15-20 minutes to get our food, so the meal ended up taking just as long as a table service meal would have.)
- That being said, even though the food isn't as good as it was a few years ago, it's still better than 90% of the CS offerings elsewhere in the MK, and the restaurant is unique and beautiful -- unfortunately cafeteria-like in scale and noise level, but it's the prettiest cafeteria you've ever visited. The French onion soup, the salads and quiche, and the ham-and-cheese sandwich have been favorites of my family members.
- In summary, if your priority is CS food quality rather than time efficiency, and is you'd like to see the inside of the restaurant without having to pay an arm and a leg, BOG for lunch (rather than dinner) is a great choice and "worth it." In contrast, if you don't have lots of time to spend on a CS lunch and don't care to wait in a long line for CS even with a reservation, but have lots of time in the evening and don't mind spending a bit more in exchange for a more relaxing experience, then going there for dinner might be the better option.
For once our pre ordering worked. I had a friend who was meeting us and she didn't preorder but they let her order in the shorter line. The food was delivered quickly and warm. Sandwiches were enough to split between the two of us, while the other 2 finished most of their meals (fries were left).

If we can snag it, we'd do it again but not worth stessing over IMO. Better than most CS offerings but if I had to pick we would do Skippers canteen. As my husband said speed and quality of QS, but food brought to you but no tipping.
I will say we found an increase in food quality this trip. Very happy about that.

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
For once our pre ordering worked. I had a friend who was meeting us and she didn't preorder but they let her order in the shorter line. The food was delivered quickly and warm. Sandwiches were enough to split between the two of us, while the other 2 finished most of their meals (fries were left).

If we can snag it, we'd do it again but not worth stessing over IMO. Better than most CS offerings but if I had to pick we would do Skippers canteen. As my husband said speed and quality of QS, but food brought to you but no tipping.
I will say we found an increase in food quality this trip. Very happy about that.

So happy y'all had a better experience this time!! Our pre orders always worked flawlessly but can damper things if they don't but glad they worked this time for you too. ;)

correcaminos

So happy y'all had a better experience this time!! Our pre orders always worked flawlessly but can damper things if they don't but glad they worked this time for you too. ;)
Yeah it's been annoying to have to wait 30-45 mins just to order food. Still not a favorite but better than most QS there.

tirian

Last time I ate at BOG, I was surprised I couldn't sit anywhere I chose. CMs were stationed in front the two wings, and told us we couldn't sit there until the main dining area was filled.

I know Disney does assign tables on very busy days, but the park and restaurant were slow, and I could see the main dining area wasn't going to fill any time soon. When I asked how long the BOG policy had been in place, the clueless CM answered, "Ummmm, I think it's always been this way." There was no reason to argue with her even though she was wrong.

My point is, be aware that you might not get to sit where you want inside BOG, even if the restaurant isn't busy. The Beast's wing and the music room are major selling points of this location, making it a shame that somebody decided to close them off to save time cleaning and stocking the drink stations. (I doubt this move saves staffing dollars since the CMs were standing in the wing entrances.)

RefillableMug

Absolutely! I'm craving a croque monsieur right now! They even have the grey stuff during lunch. At lunch, you are able to choose (but not always) any dining room you want, and I love that the servers find your table with the magic rose. I have never tried dinner there, but I can tell you that I have never been disappointed at lunch.

JillC LI

Had lunch there for the first time in January. It was definitely more upscale than other MK QS locations. We loved the ambiance and were able to pick where we wanted to sit. We enjoyed the braised pork and the roast beef sandwich, but the tuna was inedible. When my DH (who NEVER sends anything back) asked for something else instead, the CM acknowledged that he was not the first to do so that day. I don't feel the need to rush back but I'm glad I had the experience and for just a QS credit instead of a TS credit at dinner.

GMan123

Just got back from Disney and wanted to comment on BOG, first time there and we ate there for dinner. You are definitely paying for the themeing and the pagentry. Foodwise, worst meal of the trip, compared to Narcosies, Mama melrose, Italian restuarant in epcot, Spice Road, Raglan Road, Espn club. Food was way overpriced and not that good. Will never go again.

Minnie1986

Original Poster
Just got back from Disney and wanted to comment on BOG, first time there and we ate there for dinner. You are definitely paying for the themeing and the pagentry. Foodwise, worst meal of the trip, compared to Narcosies, Mama melrose, Italian restuarant in epcot, Spice Road, Raglan Road, Espn club. Food was way overpriced and not that good. Will never go again.
That's so disappointing to hear! I went two years ago for dinner and LOVED it. May I ask what you didn't like about it?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom