Be Our Guest - Dinner

AlanaH

Original Poster
Hi,

On are last day, we have dinner at BOG, and have a Sleigh Ride. Are you allowed to pick a room or no?

Thanks!

HouCuseChickie

You can still take a walk around the restaurant to check out all of the rooms, regardless of where you're seated. We sat in the ballroom on our first meal there and made sure to check out the West Wing and Rose Gallery. We ate in the West Wing on our second visit. We decided we preferred the ballroom because there were just too many people coming in and out of the West Wing to see the painting and rose...i.e. very disruptive.

mf1972

hi everyone. I just cancelled a reservation for 2 on 10/27 approx 5:20 if anyone wants to try & get it. good luck.

sfeinst

We went in July. No option to select room, but wen they sat us, they really wanted us to walk around and check everything out, so its not like you can't see the other rooms and you don't feel weird about it, since they requested we look around.

Minnie1986

Hi Guys. I am going to be cancelling a reservation at BOG for Tuesday, October 21 @ 9. If anyone wants it, PM me and we can try to synchronize. I just got one for our preferred date and time, so I won't be needing this one anymore.

malice

I have an upcoming dinner reservation at BOG and I'm wondering if it is frowned upon if my party only orders an appetizer or dessert? Sorry, I didn't want to start a new thread.

piglet1

Our first trip to BOG for dinner, we asked for The West Wing, and got it after about a ten minute wait. They can usually tell you when you check in how long the wait will be, and then you can decide if it's worth it. Second time for dinner, they said 30 minute wait and we decided it wasn't worth it.

AlanaH

Original Poster
I have an upcoming dinner reservation at BOG and I'm wondering if it is frowned upon if my party only orders an appetizer or dessert? Sorry, I didn't want to start a new thread.

I don't think so. We have orders one meal for the the two of us. It has never been a an issue.

thomas998

I don't think so. We have orders one meal for the the two of us. It has never been a an issue.
Just had dinner there 2 days ago. If you have time to cancel and eat somewhere else, do it. The food and service we experienced there managed to win for worst Disney experience ever. The chicken breast was tough beyond belief. The pastry that the shrimp and scallops were sitting on was also tough, never have I had a hard time cutting what is basically soggy bread until that night... Oh and their idea of shrimp and scallops was lots of shrimp and 2 scallops one the size of a half dollar the other slightly smaller and both over cooked. For the price it is certainly not worth it at all. Oh I forgot the service.... If you could call it that. We had a waitress that was non-existent. For almost 15 minutes my glass was bone dry as I kept trying to get a refill... And each time she would appear to take the check or anything else it was a very long wait for her to return.

You are only paying for the atmosphere which is not really that great. Sure you get to see fake snow blowing behind a window to make you think it is winter time, but the rooms are very noisy so if you want to have a conversation it will be difficult. Think hard before you go.

reptar77

Just had dinner there 2 days ago. If you have time to cancel and eat somewhere else, do it. The food and service we experienced there managed to win for worst Disney experience ever. The chicken breast was tough beyond belief. The pastry that the shrimp and scallops were sitting on was also tough, never have I had a hard time cutting what is basically soggy bread until that night... Oh and their idea of shrimp and scallops was lots of shrimp and 2 scallops one the size of a half dollar the other slightly smaller and both over cooked. For the price it is certainly not worth it at all. Oh I forgot the service.... If you could call it that. We had a waitress that was non-existent. For almost 15 minutes my glass was bone dry as I kept trying to get a refill... And each time she would appear to take the check or anything else it was a very long wait for her to return.

You are only paying for the atmosphere which is not really that great. Sure you get to see fake snow blowing behind a window to make you think it is winter time, but the rooms are very noisy so if you want to have a conversation it will be difficult. Think hard before you go.
I agree with you but I think it can also be hit or miss. We have had great servers and terrible servers. The food really depends on what you order. I agree with you on the chicken and scallops but the salmon and the braised pork are awesome. After 5-6 visits we do not plan on going back mainly because of the noise and we can have a better meal at the Wave.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom