Be careful on resort slides with kids

Disney Nut

Original Poster
Just got back Saturday fromt he Caribbean Beach resort. Just a warning for folks with kids. Our son slipped going up the steel stair to one of the slides. Cracked his chin open and had to get 4 stitches. The problem is not so much that he slipped (but yes they need to look into covering the steel steps) but rather the lifegusrd that basically ignored us even though we were sitting on her stand (forgot her name, but she was asian with long black hair). We told her he was cut open and bleeding and she just ignored us. Asked 3 times for a first aid kit. Plus she barely understood english. We were finially flagged over by another lifeguard and had to carry him around the pool bleeding. The other life guard was great, she gave us the first aid kit and call over her supervisor who helped us right away. Just watch you kids going up those stairs.

HouCuseChickie

WOW! So sorry your son got hurt. :( While I doubt the lifeguard could leave her post without relief- surely - she could have done something. To sit there and even be able to ignore a bleeding child sounds inhuman!!! :fork: I would also complain! If she can't respond to a bleeding child right in front of her- I shudder to think how she'd respond to anything in the pool. And if there's a serious langugage barrier- she's an even greater risk. i.e. she needs to be able to respond to more than the textbook signs of someone needing help.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom