BCV vs BWV

LAM378

Original Poster
Hi everybody! I'm starting to plan a big family trip for May 2015 (5 adults, 3 kids, 9 nights).

We wanted to do a split stay at AoA Cars/YC but even figuring in possible spring/AP discounts, the cost is more than we're comfortable with. So we're kicking around the idea of renting points for a 2br villa at BCV or BWV.

The problem is that I'm gun-shy about villas after a terrible experience at BLT a few months ago. Without re-hashing the whole thing (that review is here on the forum somewhere), my 1 br BLT villa was worn, stained, and filthy in almost every way. So I'm specifically wondering whether the villas at BCV and BWV are shabby, gross, or uncomfortable, and between the two, which are just nicer. My heart belongs to Y&BC but I've read not-so-great things about BCV, and have no info whatsoever on BWV. All trips after this one will be value all the way, but my sister hasn't been to WDW in 15 years and we want this stay to be wonderful. If anyone has stayed at one or both and can weigh in, I'd love to hear your thoughts.

jlsHouston

I've only stayed in a regular room at BCV. It was 3 years ago. The rooms are pretty thin walled but I had no issues about wear and tear in the room we had. We have stayed on the DVC in a studio at BWV and we liked it. We were able to get extra linens and supplies once when we had an "accident". Everyone working the BW was really nice. I compare the level of service there to AKL. Recently stayed at YC and while we loved it for location and comfort and food choices and Stormalong Bay, the room was very dated.
With 3 kids if they are grade school age I would take BC if you can get it simply because of the pool since you are going in May. My grandkids enjoyed Stormalong alot more than they did the BW pool last year.

squidward

Stayed in both. Getting a room that's in disrepair is a crapshoot, and 1 major reason I won't invest in DVC. I think it's all about the theme. I prefer BWV myself. I think Stormalong Bay is overrated and much prefer the pool at the Boardwalk.

angiebelle

Our home resort is BWV and I prefer the room decor and the resort in general over BCV. We have stayed at BCV as well and my favorite thing about it is the very short walk to Epcot. The lobby can get tight with people coming to the resort for the Cape May meals. SAB looks nice but it gets crowded. I know people say use the quiet pool but SAB is the reason a lot of people choose SAB in the first place. BCV does have a quick service inside the resort which BWV does not have. That said, the food offerings are pretty pitiful. When at BWV, we like to go to the pizza window-delicious pizza- or to the Boardwalk bakery which has very good sandwiches.

LAM378

Original Poster
Thanks everyone!

I love the whole Epcot resort area but have no burning desire to stay at BW unless their villas are in a better overall condition.

Stayed in both. Getting a room that's in disrepair is a crapshoot, and 1 major reason I won't invest in DVC.

That crapshoot is my worry, and it's something that will nag at me for the next 240 days if I book a villa. I know there's not a ton of 2br villas at BCV and if we're really unhappy with the villa, we're just beat. There won't be other vacant 2 brs they can move us into.

My dad keeps kicking around the idea of investing and my opinion is the same as yours. I can't deal with rooms that are gross and in disrepair, not for that kind of money. :hungover:

angiebelle

Thanks everyone!

I love the whole Epcot resort area but have no burning desire to stay at BW unless their villas are in a better overall condition.

That crapshoot is my worry, and it's something that will nag at me for the next 240 days if I book a villa. I know there's not a ton of 2br villas at BCV and if we're really unhappy with the villa, we're just beat. There won't be other vacant 2 brs they can move us into.

My dad keeps kicking around the idea of investing and my opinion is the same as yours. I can't deal with rooms that are gross and in disrepair, not for that kind of money. :hungover:

Honestly, if I were going to buy a timeshare today, we could not buy DVC. The rooms and buildings used to be maintained better. In April 2013, I decided to take a last minute trip and there were no DVC villas available, so I booked Bonnet Creek. Oh my goodness, the difference in quality of the rooms was unreal. BC had beautiful furniture, the rooms and buildings were maintained the way WDW used to take care of DVC units, and the pools were gorgeous. The price is less too.
I know some would never consider anything but DVC and I respect that. This is just my opinion as a DVC member.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom