BBB Age Limit?

Ariel4711

Original Poster
Hi everyone!

I have a question about the BBB age limit -- I know the age limit is 12, but does anyone know how strictly this is enforced? We were planning a trip for later this year, but unfortunately it looks like we may have to push back our trip into early next year instead. This would put my oldest daughter at 13 yrs old, and she decided after our last trip that she really wants to go to BBB.

If we end up going shortly after her 13th birthday, would they still let her have an appointment at BBB? I'm also worried about fudging her age because she is 5'4", so people already don't believe us when we say how old she really is.

lemon meringue

If the posted age limit is 12, then it's not for 13 year olds. Sorry, but I think your conscience was already telling you that. What would you do? ask a child to lie? It just opens up a door to problems and negative feelings. Maybe you could do her hair and makeup in a special way back at your resort room. There are also several salons on site that cater to all ages.

Ariel4711

Original Poster
If the posted age limit is 12, then it's not for 13 year olds. Sorry, but I think your conscience was already telling you that. What would you do? ask a child to lie? It just opens up a door to problems and negative feelings.

Yes, I was absolutely going to tell my child to lie. Or maybe I mentioned the fact that she already looks older than she is and I don't think that lying would be a good idea because I knew someone would suggest doing that. Because they have done exactly that on other pages.
But thanks for judging me!

DizneyPryncess

I don't think it would hurt to call and ask about it. If it is strict, and she is unable to go shortly after her 13th birthday, check out the Pirates League. There is no maximum age limit there, and they do a really cool mermaid makeover. They do an empress makeover also. My daughter preferred her mermaid makeover to her BBB makeover. The whole environment is laid back & fun, we loved the whole thing.

Ariel4711

Original Poster
I don't think it would hurt to call and ask about it. If it is strict, and she is unable to go shortly after her 13th birthday, check out the Pirates League. There is no maximum age limit there, and they do a really cool mermaid makeover. They do an empress makeover also. My daughter preferred her mermaid makeover to her BBB makeover. The whole environment is laid back & fun, we loved the whole thing.

I am going to try calling. I was hoping someone, somewhere out there, had some experience with this, but so far I have only had people recommend I just say she is 12 when we go.
If they are really strict about the age limit, then I'll check out Pirates League. I saw some pictures of the mermaid makeover recently and they were really cute! Hopefully my 6 year old will like that idea so I don't have to make an appointment for her at BBB, and one for my oldest at Pirates League. (That would be a pain.)
Thanks for the suggestion! :)

AEfx

I'll be honest - I don't think they are going to ask and I don't think they are going to care if she's just a few weeks older.

The purpose of the rule is so older teenagers, college age, and up don't come in trying to get made over.

I think you will be fine.

Ariel4711

Original Poster
I'll be honest - I don't think they are going to ask and I don't think they are going to care if she's just a few weeks older.

The purpose of the rule is so older teenagers, college age, and up don't come in trying to get made over.

I think you will be fine.

Thank you!! This is really helpful! I would think they wouldn't mind if we went with her 2-3 weeks after she turns 13, but wanted to see if anyone may have some inside knowledge on this one. I also have a younger daughter and she will definitely be doing BBB, so I would hate to make my oldest sit there and watch her younger sister have the experience but not be able to because she is a few weeks too old.

DisneyFans4Life

I'll help you out and tell you what you want to hear...just tell them she's 12!! Take it for what you want...but IMO no harm no foul. Disney gets their money, your daughter gets her make over and everyone lives happily ever after.

Scoppin

I am sure if you spoke with someone regarding your situation, back story, and how much she was looking forward to it they may say it is fine and allow her to have the experience.

Ariel4711

Original Poster
I'll help you out and tell you what you want to hear...just tell them she's 12!! Take it for what you want...but IMO no harm no foul. Disney gets their money, your daughter gets her make over and everyone lives happily ever after.

We have had people question her age and tell us we are lying about it (like at the movies) because she is so tall for her age, so I just wouldn't want something like that to happen at WDW, ya know?
I also REALLY wish she would have decided before now that she wanted to do BBB. Like maybe when we were there in December. Kids:facepalm:

Ariel4711

Original Poster
I am sure if you spoke with someone regarding your situation, back story, and how much she was looking forward to it they may say it is fine and allow her to have the experience.

I would hope so, especially since it's WDW! But again, just wanted to check to avoid any potential problems. As someone else mentioned, I was always under the impression that the idea behind the age limit was because they wanted to stop the 17+ year olds that were going in for makeovers, not so much kids right on the edge of the age limit.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom