1. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

Bay Lake Towers Here We Come!

Discussion in 'Disney Vacation Club' started by PoohsGang, Feb 8, 2009.

1. PoohsGang

PoohsGang New Member

We are in after some tenacious dialing of 5 telephone lines this morning we got through around 9:15 ! We are in we got 1 Night Studio and a 2 Bedroom for 2 other nights both Magic Kingdom View!!!!!!!

(for the record got through using my Vonage line all Verizon/Fairpoint lines were so jamed it kept playing the call can not be connected message, this included our Verizon cells also. Vonage Rocks!!!!!)
  2. fourstamps

fourstamps New Member

BLT- Here we come also!

After 1 hour and 45 minutes of dialing and 30 minutes on hold we are finally booked. We have a 1 bedroom from 10/25-11/1. =) Definitely looking forward to this. :ROFLOL:
  3. DVC Mike

DVC Mike Active Member

We booked 7 nights in December at BLT -- a 1-BR Magic Kingdom view.
  4. tecowdw

tecowdw Well-Known Member

Na....
    I don't care for the decor at BLT. It would really be my last choice for booking a DVC resort - about as exciting as SSR, IMHO.
    (although all my incentive freebies are at SSR)
    :lookaroun

Ya, Animal Kingdom Lodge Villas!!
    :sohappy:
  5. dvcnut39

dvcnut39 Well-Known Member

I am so jealous. I've always wanted to stay in that area. We have a trip, 24-31JUL09 planned for Hawaii through DVC, but we probably will have to cancel due to severe injuries my mother in law suffered from a fall. Please give a trip report when you guys return.

Have a great trip!

Mark
  6. Escarabaja06

Escarabaja06 Member

I'm probably making a hard stretch here. But when will the Bay Lake Towers be available to the general public? I'm so excited to stay here!
  7. Escarabaja06

Escarabaja06 Member

Congrats! Just think, you could bake cookies in the oven then eat them as you watch Wishes! :sohappy:
  8. slappy magoo

slappy magoo Well-Known Member

Disney always retains ownership in some of the shares of every DVC resort. Those are the ones that get rented out, and it's always catch-as-catch can. I don't know when they release those units to the general public, but I'd figure, in theory, the general public can try to book rooms now, but there won't be many, and demand will be high.
  9. Escarabaja06

Escarabaja06 Member

How do you think I could try? By calling 407-WDISNEY? Or should I call through my DVC guide I've been to Open House's with. I'm wanting to DVC but right now with my job it's not an option... What do you think I should do? I've already tried looking on disneyworld.com and its not available for reservations. Who would be the best people to call?
  10. Escarabaja06

Escarabaja06 Member

Maybe I can reserve online. Never mind. :hammer:
  11. disneymike93

disneymike93 Active Member

We must have dialed 80 times starting at 8:55 am that morning. (No joke) Our luck pulled through and we booked at One Bedroom Magic Kingdom View!!!! For Thanksgiving week in November!. We are actually going to cook a turkey in the amazing kitchen and have a sitdown meal in the spacious seating area. Im sorry but AKV just doesnt have the Disney "magic" and convenience of a monorail. I have loved this resort for years. And am so excited to have added on to our DVC at BLT. Our next trip in March will be our 75th trip! At Saratoga Springs though because we have to use our free points since BLT wasnt ready. Then, were going 2 more times @ Saratoga during summer and then the grand finale of 4 fabulous Disney vacations for the year at BAY LAKE TOWER!!!! that will be our 78th trip!!! My family is so stoked!!!
  12. Phonedave

Phonedave Well-Known Member

I am of the same mindset.

BLT just does not do it for me.

-dave
  13. brianheather

brianheather Member

Im staying at BLT Sept 6-12th MK view. Didn't have to wait to book at all, booked the day we signed up for DVC.
    So excited!
  14. DonMuppetFan83

DonMuppetFan83 New Member

My girlfriend said she was getting up early to try and get us in. Dont know if she succeeded yet or not. Waiting to hear. But congrats to those of you who did. Wish me luck that she got in please lol. :(
  15. foreverbelle

foreverbelle Well-Known Member

Count me as in as one of those don't know. just not my style
  16. DonMuppetFan83

DonMuppetFan83 New Member

apparently we got right in. But she chose the AK over BLT cause it uses less points. I really wanted to do BLT in December. Oh well. Hopefuly next may we can get in there then.
  17. dizzney

dizzney Member

We're heading to BLT in Janaury after New Years Eve with a Boardwalk View at BWV, 9 nights, 5 BW view and 4 MK view, so inexpensive in January we could easily do it and have lots of points left for 2010.

Own in both BWV and BLT, different types of resorts so it will be a fun interesting vacation, we cant wait!
  18. disneymike93

disneymike93 Active Member

im seriously counting down to the day I walk into Bay Lake Tower for the first time!! I cant contain the excitment!:sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:
  19. pcarathers

pcarathers Active Member

well, we got our 2bdrm villa at BLT for April 2010 with little wait and no problems....this is our home resort and we can't wait!!!!!!!:sohappy:
  20. DVC Mike

DVC Mike Active Member

I'll be staying at BLT in a 1-BR Lake View on August 14-15.

[​IMG]