Battlefield 2

WDWScottieBoy

Original Poster
I had the game pre-ordered and have fallen in love with it. It's only one of four games I've ever bought for my PC. (RCT3, RCT3:Soaked, Battliefield: Vietname, and now Battlefield 2).

I want to know who else has Battlefield 2. I'm wandering if we could all possibly get on a server and play this together.

Have fun everyone and looking to see others in the game. :wave:

TheOneVader

Yes, we definately need to get together and play! The game can be summed up in one word: KICK@SS!!! The game is just awesome! It definately blows away any other modern combat FPS, like Joint Ops.

A word of advice. The game requires a lot of space and resources. The minimum requirements are like looking at specs of a $700 computer. Also, for those of you who haven't gotten it yet, look in your Circuit City sale flyer. I managed to grab a copy for $50 with and a free $15 gift card. :)

WDWScottieBoy

Original Poster
Another note, make sure you have the correct video card in order to play it. It requires a pretty nice (and can be pricey) video card.

And I'm going to have to agree that Circuit City is the best because of the $15. I got mine at EB Games for $54 or so after taxes and didn't get anything besides the game.

TheOneVader

Another tip. If you don't know whether ot not you can play it, try playing the demo first. My brother's card, although very good, was not listed as supported, but it plays the game fine. They just shorten the list of supported cards so they don't have to do as much tech support. They can just say "Well, your card isn't supported, that's why."

JonnyK

Im thinking about getting this game but whats the difference between the cd/dvd version.. i havent thought about picking one of these version..

TheOneVader

If you have a DVD-ROM drive, definately go for the DVD version, as long as it doesn't cost more (It shouldn't). Because the game is over 2GB, you need 3 CDs to install from. But since DVDs hold a lot more data, I'm pretty sure you only need 1 DVD. Also, the game might install faster and even load faster because DVDs are faster, better, and newer than plain old CD-ROMs.

WDWScottieBoy

Original Poster
The gentleman at EB Games recommended the DVD version so that's what I bought. I'm guessing it's because it's all on one disc and easier to follow for installation.

Now, if only a certain someone would let me know what server they are playing in, we could have a wdwmagic game going right now. :hammer:

TheOneVader

Sorry, Scott, I got carried away playing with my friends, and I finally remembered to Alt-Tab to see if you were on.

I actually got some pretty good scores. One round I got top scores for Driving, Flag Capture, and Anti-Tank Kit.

Also, I only have the CD-ROM version because my DVD drive broke.

patsfan24

oh oops.... modern combat is a pretty good game if u guys havnt checked it out. Have any of you played Close Combat: First to Fight? its a game about the marines its not bad

WDWScottieBoy

Original Poster
Battlefield 2 is the GREATEST! I just got the patch the other day for it, now if only I can find a decent server where the people play as a team and not solo. :fork:

TheOneVader

Clans aren't an in-game thing, you need to organize them yourself. I suppose we could start one, but then we'd probably need a clan server, and I don't have that kind of money. :p

MCBRIZZ5

It kinda sitnks. Battlefield doesn't seem to want to work for me.:cry: I click on it and my screen just flashes. I spent 3 hours downloading it and it doesn't work. At least I didn't waste money on it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom