Votes: 59 36.9%
  • DHS Hat

Votes: 48 30.0%

• Total voters

Bob Saget

Original Poster
Battle Of The WDW Eyesores
8162012.jpg

In the history of WDW, three structural abominations have outstunk all others in tasteless fashion beyond epic proportions. I am referring to of course, the infamous Hat at DHS, the hand & wand at Epcot, and the 25th anniv. castle cake at MK. While two of the three atrocities have thankfully blessed us with their absence, they all continue to haunt our dreams.

Now the real battle begins: Which eyesore is the least horrible? If one stinking heap of bad idea could possibly outshine all others...which one would it be and why?

FettFan

I voted for the Cake Castle as the least irritating. Because it was temporary, and park operations made sure it was temporary.

EDIT -- And every time I saw the Epcot wand, I always imagined Mickey's hand flipping off the crowd, so it was good for a giggle.

JML42691

Given that I enjoyed the wand during the 2000 celebration it seems like the most obvious choice for my vote here.

The cake is atrocious and the hat seems incredibly out of place, as to which is worse I'm not sure.

WDW!

The cake is just bad! The hat is O.K. (and not going anywhere). The wand brings memories of a great family vacation, so it's my favorite!!

Uncle Lupe

At least the castle cake could be just a projection next time. I guess I need more sleep I voted the wrong way :oops:

The hat is the least horrible. I can still see the Earful Tower, the real icon.

luv

The Pepto cake was a good idea. It's the kind of thing I'd have wanted to see if someone had brought it up in a thread or something. But actually doing it was a bad idea. I think that Disney underestimates how much people like the castle and how eager newbies are to see it.

I'll toss in the bling sucking, too, even though it wasn't bad enough to make the poll. It was still bad. Leave the castle alone!

The wand was unnecessary and distracted from the magnificence of the ball. The ball doesn't need improving.

But the hat...is the worst of the bunch. I like the hat itself and would be happy to see it somewhere else. But it just screwed up so many things about the park.

Parrain

I never really thought about whether i liked these items or not, just sort of accepted them. But now that you mention it, I miss the Epcot wand, and I don't mind the hat at all! The cake on the other hand, it was A little over the top. Okay, a lot over the top! I thought the gold character statues on the castle a few years back were very nice.

Bob Saget

Original Poster
I voted for the SSE wand as being the least annoying. While it was pretty awful, at least it didn't block out the entire majesty that is SSE. Whereas the castle cake completely covered what everybody loves of the building, and the DHS hat blocks the Chinese Theater from almost all perspectives minus a small location. The wand was certainly the least obtuse of all three eyesores (imo).

Nemo14

I voted for the wand. The cake was just awful - heartbreaking actually, and the Hat just should have been put somewhere else ( like, oh I don't know, Siberia?), and the wand wasn't awful at first - it just should have come down much sooner.

rufio

I kind of wish I'd seen the cake... I voted for the hat because I've never seen the park without it, so I can't even picture it without the hat.

John

The question was about what was the worst eyesore.....The cake castle without a doubt. You just stared at it in disbelief. Something so iconic could look so hideous.The hat isnt so great but it isnt as over whelming as that technicolor throwup castle. The wand was as said tempoary and although out of place didnt bother me as much.

Nemo14

Battle Of The WDW Eyesores
8162012.jpg

In the history of WDW, three structural abominations have outstunk all others in tasteless fashion beyond epic proportions. I am referring to of course, the infamous Hat at DHS, the hand & wand at Epcot, and the 25th anniv. castle cake at MK. While two of the three atrocities have thankfully blessed us with their absence, they all continue to haunt our dreams.

Now the real battle begins: Which eyesore is the least horrible? If one stinking heap of bad idea could possibly outshine all others...which one would it be and why?

The question was about what was the worst eyesore.....The cake castle without a doubt. You just stared at it in disbelief. Something so iconic could look so hideous.The hat isnt so great but it isnt as over whelming as that technicolor throwup castle. The wand was as said tempoary and although out of place didnt bother me as much.

confused.gif

ParentsOf4

OK, shoot me. My family actually liked the wand. Much better than just a plain old golf ball.

The Castle Cake was like being in Candyland while the DHS hat is a dumb pin trading store. The simple fact that it's still there makes it the most horrible of the three. When will they put it our of our misery?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom