Batman vs. Superman: Dawn of Justice Official Thread

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
Original Poster

Figured id make an overall thread for this.
http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/ne...-batman-v-superman-is-man-of-steel-2#/slide/1

As he continues his promotional duties for the 10th annual Doritos Crash the Super Bowl competition, director Zack Snyder sheds more light (via Canoe) on the ever-evolving saga of whether or not Warner Bros. Pictures is developing a proper solo sequel to 2013’s Man of Steel beyond Superman’s (rather prominent) appearances in Batman v Superman and the two-part Justice League movies that Snyder is spearheading.

“I think in a way ‘Batman v Superman’ is ‘Man of Steel 2,'” said Snyder. “‘Justice League’ is kind of the transcendent, knights-of-the-round-table of the story. It’d be interesting to think about what a standalone Superman movie might be.”

While he doesn’t shoot down the idea of another solo Supes outing, Snyder’s comments certainly cast doubt that its on the forefront of his mind or the minds of the team spearheading the DC Extended Universe. While that might be a bummer to those who enjoyed Man of Steel, let us not forget that Henry Cavill’s Superman will likely play a central, even Arthurian role in that round table Snyder describes.

“We really have to figure out the why of them, and I think that we have,” muses Zack Snyder of the twin Justice League films he’s helming next. “That’s the one thing that’s cool to me about ‘Batman v Superman,’ it’s all about the mythology of these two massive icons. And I think that’s compelling.”

Juggling all aspects of the interconnected DC universe sounds like a tough juggling act for Snyder, who only a little over a decade ago was making the low-budget Dawn of the Dead remake in Toronto. Looking back, he doesn’t consider it that strange to have been handed such immense creative responsibility in the ensuing years.

“At that point I was really into (Frank Miller’s comic) ‘The Dark Knight Returns,'” said Snyder of his early zombie wrangling days. “I don’t know that I thought about it in those terms, but if you told me that I might make a ‘Justice League’ movie, I wouldn’t think that that was weird. But I don’t think I would realize what it meant to pop culture the way it has struck pop culture right now.”

Last edited:

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
Original Poster
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=126100

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice is going to need to be a massive hit if this new report about its budget is to be believed! According to Latino-Review, that has now rocketed to a whopping $410 million. That's an insane amount and puts the movie on track to being the most expensive ever shot. If it grosses over $1 billion (as any movie starring Batman and Superman really should), then it will be a worthwhile investment, but if things go wrong...well, that could spell disaster for Warner Bros.' upcoming DC Comics slate! So, why is it so expensive? The site puts it down to, "the addition of big name cast members, practical sets, and an extended production schedule could have all contributed." Don't go expecting the two part Justice League to be anywhere near as expensive as Avengers: Infinity War though, as the budget for those is reportedly around the $500 million mark for both in total. The movie is expected to shoot in London for 16 month in total, so it will be interesting to see if we get any set photos or if the whole thing will be done in studio. Thoughts?
Source: Latino-Review

Bparso87

Movie will be ok and this is coming from a do nut. There will be awesome moments but will be setting up to much suicde squad will be better

mf1972

saw the movie last night. it really wasn't that good at all. dragged on for awhile. I'll admit Affleck wasn't that bad. better then Kilmer & Clooney at least.
not going to ruin the DC universe, but I hope they reevaluate things. especially after the bad reviews it's getting.

erasure fan1

not going to ruin the DC universe, but I hope they reevaluate things. especially after the bad reviews it's getting.
Yea it is funny how DC just can't seem to get their act together. The smart thing would have been to re-boot Batman and then do aqua man or wonder woman. After that then you could have done this type of movie with the next being justice league. But I would guess that they wanted a faster release and didn't want to "copy" Marvel.

Bparso87

Yea it is funny how DC just can't seem to get their act together. The smart thing would have been to re-boot Batman and then do aqua man or wonder woman. After that then you could have done this type of movie with the next being justice league. But I would guess that they wanted a faster release and didn't want to "copy" Marvel.
I agree with u that is the way it should of been but they where behind the 8 ball already. They put the biggest stars on a movie that will make money. This might be a jumbled mess but now every character is introduced and they can move forward. Suicide squad has looked better then this since the beginning.

mf1972

couldn't agree more.

mf1972

except for the Nolan batman movies, seems they just can't get it right. they can make a decent direct to video animated movie. maybe it's just me.

Bparso87

except for the Nolan batman movies, seems they just can't get it right. they can make a decent direct to video animated movie. maybe it's just me.
The direct to video movies r some of the best comic movies ever. But they have Bruce Timm with a big hand in that

CastleBound

I actually enjoyed the film, despite its numerous issues. I kinda loved it in fact. All the hate towards the film, kinda makes me feel bad for liking it, but I had fun with it. Should have dropped the "Dawn of Justice" subtitle, as I didn't really get that from the film. Also the biggest question going in for me was Ben Affleck, but he killed it as batman. Probably my favorite version of the character, including Bruce Wayne, the Batsuit, his gadgets, & voice.

jrogue

I really loved Ben Affleck as Batman, and I enjoyed the film as a whole as well. I liked how dark and gritty it was, and Wonder Woman was a beast! A wonderful, beautiful beast! Also, I am glad they addressed how ridiculous Superman destroying Metropolis was, and how he learned from it (taking the fight in the sky vs on the ground)

mf1972

I actually enjoyed the film, despite its numerous issues. I kinda loved it in fact. All the hate towards the film, kinda makes me feel bad for liking it, but I had fun with it. Should have dropped the "Dawn of Justice" subtitle, as I didn't really get that from the film. Also the biggest question going in for me was Ben Affleck, but he killed it as batman. Probably my favorite version of the character, including Bruce Wayne, the Batsuit, his gadgets, & voice.
I wouldn't feel bad for liking it despite some negativity. it's either you'll like it or don't. had some interesting moments. I just didn't care for it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom