Barnstormer, 7DMT, or BTMR

PARichards

Planning a first time family trip, and, while my DDs don't strike me as completely unadventurous, I'd prefer to start their visit off on the right foot. I wouldn't mind doing nothing but character M&Gs... except we only have a couple of rides the whole family could enjoy together, it'd be a shame to miss them. The two youngest might not even be tall enough for BTMR; I just would like opinions of reactions to starter-coasters, so that we avoid spending the remainder of our visit teethpulling, I mean, coaxing the little ones on to the rest of the rides in our plan. TIA

belledream

Barnstormer is definitely the tamest for sure. Also will have the shortest line so you can get that done right off the bat. Big Thunder can get kind of jerky and also loud at times. Can't help you with 7DMT :p

Upvote 0

Arty Cordova

Planning a first time family trip, and, while my DDs don't strike me as completely unadventurous, I'd prefer to start their visit off on the right foot. I wouldn't mind doing nothing but character M&Gs... except we only have a couple of rides the whole family could enjoy together, it'd be a shame to miss them. The two youngest might not even be tall enough for BTMR; I just would like opinions of reactions to starter-coasters, so that we avoid spending the remainder of our visit teethpulling, I mean, coaxing the little ones on to the rest of the rides in our plan. TIA

Your kids need to be at least 40 inches to ride BTMR and 35 inches to ride Barnstormer. So that should give you a good idea. I know 7DMT is 38 inches but unfortuantely it has not opened yet. Hope this helps.

Upvote 0

PARichards

Original Poster
Your kids need to be at least 40 inches to ride BTMR and 35 inches to ride Barnstormer. So that should give you a good idea. I know 7DMT is 38 inches but unfortuantely [sic] it has not opened yet. Hope this helps.

I understand heights will make a lot of decisions for us. Just unsure (since I've not been on these rides) if one 38"orless ride is preferable to another one, in terms of introducing young kids to coasters. The 4 yr olds are standing at 37.5" now, and have, oh... 137 days to grow 2.5", not that anyone's counting.

Upvote 0

Arty Cordova

I understand heights will make a lot of decisions for us. Just unsure (since I've not been on these rides) if one 38"orless ride is preferable to another one, in terms of introducing young kids to coasters. The 4 yr olds are standing at 37.5" now, and have, oh... 137 days to grow 2.5", not that anyone's counting.

Just based on the videos, Barnstormer will definetly be the better coaster to start with then you can progress to 7DMT then to BTMR and one day Space Mountain.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom