Barf Bags on Mission Space

savannahsmiles

Original Poster
:eek: :eek: :eek: I read in our local newspaper that Disney is putting bags on the Mission Space Ride - just in case. There must be some issues there. The ride must be something!!

JBSLJames

On the TIPS board, there are some suggestions for a 'barf-free' ride. I made a joke and was chastised, but the advice sounds good.

imagineer99

Originally posted by savannahsmiles
:eek: :eek: :eek: I read in our local newspaper that Disney is putting bags on the Mission Space Ride - just in case. There must be some issues there. The ride must be something!!

Frankly, Mission: Space isn't intense at all. It is not fast, jerky, or painful. A roller coaster is about hundred times more intense. The reason people tend to get sick is that they disregard the numerous amount of warnings that Disney has placed throughout the ride. M:S contains a centrifuge so that it can create g-forces to simulate space travel. As a reuslt, your body is spinning quite fast (even though you don't realize it), thus if you have a tendency to get motion sickness, this is not the ride for you. Also, people have a propensity to look to the sides while riding. This disorients your inner ear and causes you to :hurl:

If people would read the warnings , watch the video that Disney provides of the centrifuge, and just plain use common sense there would be no need for barf bags.

The thing that bugs me the most is when people who know they get disoriented on motion simulators, think that M:S will be fine and ride anyway. In turn, they get sick and give the ride a bad rep.

Almost every new thrill ride design is considered "too intense" when it is first orginated. Star Tours had its own share of bad press.

Sorry for all the ranting...but M:S is by no needs too intense. In fact, it is actually quite tame. Rockin' Roller Coaster disorients me more.:)

Mgkmark

I had felt the effects... strange feeling my stomach move lol

But it was still fun

And I had chatted with one of the CM's there...they said they had to tone down the ride a bit since its opening

btw... just got back from there yesterday... was glad to have missed the deep freeze from the New York for 8 days

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom