Banner Contest Elimination

RobFL

Account Suspended
Original Poster
So.. we don't know who is gonna get the bump, but we have way over 15 entries so someone is getting kicked off the island.

I start this thread for the sake of nervous ramblings, pleas to not get the shaft, and miserable griping for those who do finally get the shaft ;)

-Rob

jmarc63

Originally posted by RobFL
So.. we don't know who is gonna get the bump, but we have way over 15 entries so someone is getting kicked off the island.

I start this thread for the sake of nervous ramblings, pleas to not get the shaft, and miserable griping for those who do finally get the shaft ;)

-Rob
:veryconfu :veryconfu :veryconfu

Main Street USA

Pretty simple, actually.

Since Now Inc is running this contest, he will select a neutral party to pick the best 15 of the bunch. That's it. It's all perfectly honest, so don't worry.

However, also don't forget that it is likely only one person's opinion if you are not picked, so it's really no big deal that way either.:)

NowInc

Actually...since we were able to eliminate a few for not staying within the guidelines...there are only 3 or 4 people (i think) who are going to be omitted this time...

.....The "neutral party" is evaluating all entries at the moment and he/she will be getting back to me with his/her final choices later...once that happens..the voting will begin.

..and in case anyone is wondering...the neutral party is NOT a member of this site..and he/she has no idea who did what (Since i send them a zip file with nameless entries)...

RobFL

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Ack..

Were we notified if we didn't meet the guidelines?

I hope my program didn't mess up the colors or anything :(

I'll be crushed if i was eliminated for something like that... *cries*

-Rob

NowInc

Originally posted by RobFL
Ack..

Were we notified if we didn't meet the guidelines?

I hope my program didn't mess up the colors or anything :(

I'll be crushed if i was eliminated for something like that... *cries*

-Rob

Not sure exactly who was omitted due to technical errors...but a few were....we tried to leave kind reminders as often as possible..i gave 2 weeks as a deadline so everyone could make sure they followed the guidelines....

The only reason the guidlines are so strict is because its for a web site...personally i feel all the entries were awesome...but if they dont "fit"..we have problems...

RobFL

Account Suspended
Original Poster
But but.. some people said different programs did colors differently and i typed in exactly what you wanted for the colors and if it screwed up i had no way of telling :(

*cries*

I did my best to look and see after my postings if they matched the surrounding websites colors and i couldn't tell the difference.

-Rob

NowInc

actually...we gave RGB values which are universal for ALL programs..

and if there were doubts..you could also have used an eyedropper tool on the web page and "jacked" the colors that way..

again..not sure if your background colors matched or not...the neutral party is doing all that for me...

RobFL

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Okies...

i guess mine are fine...

I typed in what i was supposed to for the RGB.

*paces.. waits.. paces..*

-Rob

NowInc

Originally posted by Goofette
How long will the contest actually run for? (You probably mentioned it before but my brain isn't functioning)

Providing i get the final 15 selection in today (Woo..i hope so)...voting will last until wed or so....since we have notice MOST votes dont come in on the last few days...and im sure everyone is anxious to see who the winner is..

...oh...not that its going to be a problem..but we WILL be keeping an eye out for "cheating"....tho im pretty confident that after our last cheating incident..it wont happen again.

The Mom

Premium Member
Originally posted by NowInc

.....The "neutral party" is evaluating all entries at the moment and he/she will be getting back to me with his/her final choices later...once that happens..the voting will begin.

..and in case anyone is wondering...the neutral party is NOT a member of this site..and he/she has no idea who did what (Since i send them a zip file with nameless entries)...

All of you who offered me bribes...pay no attention to this!! ;)

Main Street USA

Originally posted by Goofette
Just wondering how close we were to having the final selections to vote on?

Yeah, most are probably wondering the same thing. However, This setup is probably a bit more difficult than the normal mousepaper or poster contest, and Dan may still be waiting on the final 15 results, so we MUST be patient. :)

TURKEY

Originally posted by Main Street USA

Yeah, most are probably wondering the same thing. However, This setup is probably a bit more difficult than the normal mousepaper or poster contest, and Dan may still be waiting on the final 15 results, so we MUST be patient. :)

I'm tired of being patient. I've been ready to vote since the contest was announced. :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom