Balloons: What do you do with them when on rides?

Red Sox

Original Poster
My daughter loves balloons, but if you buy a balloon in Magic Kingdom where do you put it when you hit the rides? We won't have a stroller to tie it to as I'm sure many folks do. Just curious.

Tom

Beta Return
I'm pretty sure they don't allow them on the rides, so I'm guessing people who buy them either tie them to their strollers....or they get them on the way out.

jonabyte

We made that mistake one year, I ended up tying it to my backpack and leaving it outside by the strollers for each ride we all went on. It was a pain and now just get them on the way out.

Red Sox

Original Poster
We made that mistake one year, I ended up tying it to my backpack and leaving it outside by the strollers for each ride we all went on. It was a pain and now just get them on the way out.

Thanks! That does sound like a pain.

BigHero4

Never even thought about this... have always had a stroller to tie it to. I'll keep this in mind for when my kids are older. It seems like @jonabyte had the best idea about tying it to a backpack - if you have one.

habuma

If you buy a balloon before you get on the ride and have nothing to tie it to while you ride, you really only have one choice...

tumblr_n1qdnzJoHv1rqfhi2o1_500.gif

Sorry...couldn't resist. :)

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
Can any one tell me how much the balloons cost?
Those balloons are something along the lines of $10. Incredibly, they hold multiple-day-long classes for the CMs that fill them so they're uniform, and not over or underfilled.

The best thing to do with them at rides, though, is to simply ask a CM before you're inside or in the queue. The experienced ones are VERY used to stashing them on a nearby rail or chain, and know how to attach them without tying the string in knot. Just remember that it'll be at the attraction ENTRANCE when you're done; I've seen a great number of them go unclaimed because people forget about them.

Last edited:

JIMINYCR

If you buy a balloon before you get on the ride and have nothing to tie it to while you ride, you really only have one choice...

tumblr_n1qdnzJoHv1rqfhi2o1_500.gif

Sorry...couldn't resist. :)

Just thinking out of the box.... You could slip it under your shirt and then youd fit in with the hundreds of other obese guests. Just have to be careful of pulling down on the lap bar too hard. Ouch!!

cdi

If I'm gonna Let it Go, as suggested by habuma, should I get the $10, $ 12 or $ 15? Do they allow you to buy a balloon just to Let it Go?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom