Bahamas Excursions Advice

belledream

Thank you for the reassurance - glad to hear you guys had a good experience. I feel like it would be a shame to not get off the boat since my DH has never been and Atlantis does look really awesome! I remember reading about the Cozumel detour on your trip report (kinda feel like a creeper saying that :confused:) and you guys handled that really well - I would have been a nervous wreck with the itinerary change but I guess that's something to mentally prepare for as we can't control the weather. Thank you for the response!
Hahaha! Yeah...we were not prepared for the detour, but while on a Disney Cruise, we couldn't feel too bad about anything! :D

EOD K9

Thanks for the response @EOD K9! Glad to hear that your experiences have been positive thus far - totally agree on being aware of your surroundings. My DH always picks on me whenever we travel because I'm hyper aware of what's going on around us but you just never know unfortunately.

That double dipper sounds so awesome!!! Definitely makes getting off the first cruise not as sad! Is it the same itinerary for both or will you be going to different ports?

Oh yes, we've been saving for a little while now as this is our 5 year wedding anniversary trip and we wanted to make it a good one :D. We don't have the Disney Visa yet but are very close to getting one as i think it would be worth it for the trips we have planned over the next few years. Thanks again!
A double dipper is one cruise with two stops at Castaway Cay, We aren't doing back to back cruises, although that would be sweet.

WDWDarling

Original Poster
A double dipper is one cruise with two stops at Castaway Cay, We aren't doing back to back cruises, although that would be sweet.

Yep, I actually realized that a few minutes ago looking through another thread :rolleyes:. Oh well haha :). Two days at Castaway Cay is pretty awesome too though! and I'm sure that itinerary doesn't come open too often so it's great to take advantage of.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Yep, I actually realized that a few minutes ago looking through another thread :rolleyes:. Oh well haha :). Two days at Castaway Cay is pretty awesome too though! and I'm sure that itinerary doesn't come open too often so it's great to take advantage of.
I think it is becoming more common. Our 2017 cruise will be a double dipper.

WDWDarling

Original Poster
One of my DH's coworkers just got back from a 4 night cruise on the Dream and could not stop talking about how great Castaway Cay was so I may have *casually* mentioned to DH that they now have a 5 night double dipper (now that I know what that is ;)) itinerary in June 2017 only a few weeks from our original date and it looks like we might be changing plans :D.

I don't love the price difference but we know this will be our only cruise for a while so we want to make the most of it!

EOD K9

One of my DH's coworkers just got back from a 4 night cruise on the Dream and could not stop talking about how great Castaway Cay was so I may have *casually* mentioned to DH that they now have a 5 night double dipper (now that I know what that is ;)) itinerary in June 2017 only a few weeks from our original date and it looks like we might be changing plans :D.

I don't love the price difference but we know this will be our only cruise for a while so we want to make the most of it!
What embarkation date were you looking to book?

Mrhappyplace

I've been looking over the excursions in Nassau in preparation for my wife and I's 2nd DCL cruise coming up this December. On our first cruise last September we opted to stay on the ship but this time we are thinking of a excursion. I really wanted to do the waterparks at Atlantis but I'm having trouble justifying the prices for them. So we have turned our attention to the Greycliff Escape excursion.which seems to both of us to be the best value for your money excursion. Just wondering if anyone here has any experience with this excursion or any of the other ones offered at the Greycliff.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom