Bag or Backpack at Disney World?

Beetuna

Original Poster
What's a good bag to take to Disney World?

I'm looking for something that can tote around things like an umbrella and camera and stuff, but also something that I'll be able to take on rides and such without any issues.

I just went to another smaller theme park not long ago and took a backpack. Leaving it in the little cubby thing when going on the rides made me extremely nervous!

What do you all recommend?

Thanks!

rsoxguy

I just use a cheepo Walmart backpack. I pad my camera with a little bit of bubble wrap. The backpack fits on the rides easily and carries everything I need for the day. It also fits easily in the Disney lockers.

DisneyMusician2

My wife actually likes to carry an EXTREMELY SMALL messenger-style bag that is just big enough to fit a compact camera, our cards, sunglasses, and a few small necessities.

As long as you aren't traveling with very young children, we have always been able to get away with the bare minimum on vacation.

MUTZIE77

I went through all of the WDW rides in my head and can only come up with a few rides that you wouldn't be able to take a bag or backpack on. I think everything at MK you can do, DHS you would not be able to bring one on Tower of Terror or Rockin Rollercoaster, AK a no go on Everest, and Epcot no go on mission space and soarin (there might be places to put things on these two). That is what I could think of, my point is just that there are not a lot of things you cant take a bag on. Although they are some of the most fun rides, you will just need someone to hold your bag if you want to ride them.

picarello0823

I use a bag on draw strings, so you could throw if over your shoulder like a back pack, or around your neck.

this is what I usually use or I bought a small backpack down there in 2002. In either case, I can fit the camera, ponchos (last year 4) and the other necessities in there easily and still take it on the rides. The ponchos make a great cushion for the camera too :)

rsoxguy

I went through all of the WDW rides in my head and can only come up with a few rides that you wouldn't be able to take a bag or backpack on. I think everything at MK you can do, DHS you would not be able to bring one on Tower of Terror or Rockin Rollercoaster, AK a no go on Everest, and Epcot no go on mission space and soarin (there might be places to put things on these two). That is what I could think of, my point is just that there are not a lot of things you cant take a bag on. Although they are some of the most fun rides, you will just need someone to hold your bag if you want to ride them.

I have taken my backpack on all of the rides mentioned without a problem. In truth, I would prefer to not have a backpack at all, but the rides pose no real problems.

stephmtl

My wife and I swear by a small camelbak style backpack. Filled half with water and half with ice means cold water all morning plus enough space for anything we'd put in a fannypack + a sweater for the missus.

happymom52003

Whatever is most comfortable for you to carry. I always put comfort first when I am spending all day in the parks. A bag that is not comfortable can get pretty annoying when you have to deal with it all day.

Also depends on how often you need to get into the bag....so think about how often you will need to be accessing it's contents. If you need to take out/put stuff into it often, you want something with easy access. For example, my husband wears a backpack with all of the stuff that we do not need to get to frequently such as our extra water bottles/snack, sweaters for cool nights, etc....and I carry a smaller bag that has the stuff I am constantly taking out and putting back such as our point and shoot camera, wipes, purrell, sunglasses, key to the world cards, cell phone, etc.

CastleBound

I used a small one pouch bag that went over my shoulder and on my back. the strap went across my chest... It fit everything we needed, phones, cameras, waters, maps and such. it was small and did the job... I would suggest you use something for across the shoulder, it puts the least strain on you.

NiarrNDisney

I say go with a bagpipe!
JK I have always prefrered a Mailbag since they are big enough to hold a water bottle, snacks, a small first aid kit, poncho, and whatever else I may need; Yet it is still small enough to store by my feet or in the compartments found on rides and attractions througout the parks. BTW one of my favorite tips is to pack 1 large and 1 small ziplock bag for my wallet, cell phone, etc etc. so that they do not get wet on water rides (Replacing a phone while on vacation is quite a pain in the a--!). I just place all the items in the small bag then put them in the other for added protection, plus when my pocho is wet I just through it in the large ziplock bag and don't have to worry about the rest of my items getting wet in my mailbag.

Susan Savia

I have a canvas shoulder strap bag that I carry big enough for essentials (camera, wallet etc.) and I can wear it across me so that my hands are free.

sublimesting

I always take a backpack on ToT and RnR and EE and MS (there are pockets for it plus it has nowhere to go anyhow), just hold their straps, they may levitate a bit but centripital force keeps them from flying away. Done it on every trip and never had an incident. By the way I use a Jansport and keep 3 bottles of water, camera, snacks and some small Disney books for long lines.

mastif

I use a bag on draw strings, so you could throw if over your shoulder like a back pack, or around your neck.

Is there a name for this style bag?? I've been looking for one to bring clothes to and from work in, but i can't find one i like, nor can i ask about them cuz i dont know what they're called!

dave1105

DW carries a small bag with drawstrings and shoulder straps that is big enough to hold cameras and cell phones along with park maps and few other items.

Tiggerfanatic

I don't carry a lot when I'm at Disney. Just a camera, small wallet for cards and money, a couple BandAids and small bottle of Aleve. I have a small Disney backpack that I use. It fits well in all the ride pockets.

However, this last time we were traveling with 2 kids, and the backpack wasn't quite big enough, so I bought a drawstring bag at the resort gift shop, and it worked just as well, and provided me with a little more room for stuff.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom