Working Backyard rollercoaster!! (no longer frustration)

Uncle Orville

Original Poster
My neighbor and I are currently building a rollercoaster in his backyard. It starts 20 feet off the ground and the drop is 15 feet. We started it in the end of august and finished the track around the beginning of October. We still cant seem to make it work successfully. We have failed at the same spot multiple times with humans on it as you can see in the video. Please give us suggestions on ways to improve this so it works. We really want to ride a rollercaoster we built. And please subscribe, share, and like all of our Youtube videos. We want a lot of people to see all the hard work we put into it.

Uncle Orville

Original Poster
It grips the track on the top, side, and bottom (if you check out out update vidoes we show the different designs we have gone through). I also can't say if it's legal or not because I don't know, but it's still cool and fun. I don't know why it wouldn't be legal though.

ScoutN

OV 104
Premium Member
It grips the track on the top, side, and bottom (if you check out out update vidoes we show the different designs we have gone through). I also can't say if it's legal or not because I don't know, but it's still cool and fun. I don't know why it wouldn't be legal though.

It is legal until others ride it. Or unless your insurance finds out than you could be in DooDoo.

ScoutN

OV 104
Premium Member
Otherwise can you provide close up photographs of the area where it derails as well as the structure on the underside of the ride vehicle.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I would start with looking at how to recreate this wheel configuration.

watermark.php

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Is that even covered by ANY HOA restrictions where you live? Or anywhere, for that matter...?!?!?! o_O :joyfull:

Boy that looks like fun and something I can vision my DH building. But yes, I wondered about zoning laws along with coverage under homeowner policies.

I gave my DH a set of antique bowling pins and an antique wooden bowling ball to play with the kids on the rug down the hall. Translate to a mans thought process: I came home to DH having built a birch bowling alley lane and was working on the ball return down in our basement. Ya can't take the boy out of the man and I don't know that I'd want to.

trr1

looks like at the bottom of that hill its banked too high on the far side try leveling it
also how far from the track are the bottom wheels are they touching or is there some room?

Last edited:

Uncle Orville

Original Poster
looks like at the bottom of that hill its banked too high on the far side try leveling it
also how far from the track are the bottom wheels are they touching or is there some room?
Thanks for the suggestion we will look at that and there is some room between the bottom wheels and the track.

Tom

Beta Return
Boy that looks like fun and something I can vision my DH building. But yes, I wondered about zoning laws along with coverage under homeowner policies.

I gave my DH a set of antique bowling pins and an antique wooden bowling ball to play with the kids on the rug down the hall. Translate to a mans thought process: I came home to DH having built a birch bowling alley lane and was working on the ball return down in our basement. Ya can't take the boy out of the man and I don't know that I'd want to.

I built a bowling lane in our barn. Pin setter too :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom