Backstage Secret or no?

Status
Not open for further replies.

joanna71985

You can easily just walk behind the scenes at any park. You just have to be smooth about it...

There is no reason for anyone to be backstage that does not need to be. Guests do not need to be wandering around backstage (that are not part of a tour).:mad:

P-3 FE

As a former MK Cm, I can tell you that there is'nt really m8uch to see. I worked outdoor foods (food stands and such), and all there really is is garbage cans, storage items, etc...

As far as tunnels-what are you talking about??? Remember the Magic!!!!!!!!!

MK is a magical place and must stay that way!!!!!

Take care of the CM and they will take care of you!!!!:xmas:

olean

After reading through this thread im surprised that no one has mentioned the internet as a key source of outdoor backstage access to any theme park. I have basically seen the backstage of every Disney park on the computer screen without ever setting a foot on those actual areas. No here comes the big giveaway, but before you proceed, read the following:

WARNING - If you are highly sensitive to having the "Disney Magic" ruined for yourself or anyone else that you might tell, I would recommend that you do not proceed. However, if you either dont mind seeing the backstage areas and believe it wont make an impact on your perception of "Disney Magic" then you can safely proceed, or of course if you have already seen these backstage areas in person then you already have a better personal account than anything you will see online.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Ok, If you really want to see good preview for the outdoor backstage areas online just visit http://local.live.com (or other similar website that provides a good 'birds-eye' satellite view) and follow these steps:

1. In the search field type in "Lake Buena Vista, FL" (or the exact address for the theme park you are trying to see if you know it)
2. Zoom in to the park (you will see the road maps)
3. Enable the SATELLITE or AERIAL view (this is a good preview)
4. And finally, Enable the BIRDS-EYE VIEW
5. Now you can move from frame to frame and see a good outdoor birds-eye view of every area of the park including all backstage areas and beyond. If you ZOOM IN (only 2 zoom modes) you can see the images with even better detail. And you can move the view angles by clicking the compass direction of your choice.

Ive also found many pics posted online of backstage areas in many different websites. Its kind of wierd that now when I go to the parks I now have a pretty good idea of what the backstage areas look like. Of course im sure seeing these areas in person are completely different, especially if they are unvisible areas from the satellite like the ground-view, MK tunnels, indoor areas, etc.. I hope you enjoyed it.

markmad999

The satellite views are very cool. Like you said though, there is nothing like being there in person and going into all of those cool places.

I guess the Backstage Magic tour is still operational at WDW. You will see enough with that tour to last you a lifetime :sohappy:

Harry456

my band was blessed to play during the parade in Magic Kingdom. (i recommand any band to do this!) anyways, we went backstage near splash mts. Obvoiusly splash mts. didn't look different just that it we can see my a non-showtime side of the mts. We saw the place where they stored parade floats!! I thought it was really cool.

Our CM when we were exiting and entering may sure we didn't have camera or taking pictures. of course it would have been fun to see a half-dressed mickey! lol

btw lucky for us, we RUSHED to get our uniforms off. (let's see, flordia weather + band uniforms = really hot and sweaty band members) EVEN better we exit at the same exit near Splash Mts. (THAT WAS KEY! being a diseny nerd i got fastpasses for splash mts. ahead of time!!)

PrincessK

I've been backstage at both Epcot and MK as a performer. It was a very "different" experience.

MK had us behind Pirates and Splash Mountain. Lots of trailers, warehouses and buildings. We saw the empty snowglobes and the water pagent floats. It was so weird to see the SM rocks just end and then warehouse begin. We were then moved behind Tomorrowland/Main Street. More warehouses. The Galaxy Theatre backstage was very hot, but I loved how precisely they had the wings taped off to the exact point the audience could see us.

At Epcot, it was a bit better. We were originally right behind Italy in the World Showcase. It was a bit better "themed" back there. We then moved over to Imagination and had to march through to the old West stage, while smiling Disney smiles.

At both places, G.I. Jan, as we fondly called her by the end of the trip, threatened to kill us--not really--if she saw a single camera. Disney is also very strict about dancers in costumes moving from backstage to the parks. Some of the littler kids didn't know to bring clothes with them and I had to smuggle three in covered by my rain poncho in order to meet up with their parents who had the clothes.

The Mom

Premium Member
I agree. If you want to see what goes on backstage, either take the tour, or get hired by WDW. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom