Backstage Secret or no?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikeymouse

Original Poster
Is there a secret way go get backstage with a CM... or do you have to take a tour or be a CM?

WDWKat26

Backstage where?

If you're talking about all of the parks, no you're not allowed to, whether you are with a CM or not. The most backstage you'll get is at MGM on the backlot tour :) Plus, if a CM gets caught with someone who isn't a CM backstage, they can get into serious trouble.

Atta83

If you go backstage where CM are allowed only you have the chance of getting thrown out of the park. You can take certain tours to go behind the scenes. but if you want to see other things that guest dont see , you have to be a cm.

barnum42

Get picked as an extra in Indianna Jones - you will get to see a little bit of backstage.

Or - and this is real, one time I entered Magic Kingdgdom during the first performance of Spectromagic. As Main Street was so packed with guests watching the parade they needed another access way to get people into and out of the park, so they opened up the backstage area of Mainstreet USA. You entered to the left of Tony's resaurant and came out by the Theatre in Tomorrowland.

To be honest there is not a lot to see - just the backs of industial units, refuse facilities and cars. To get a similar experience just go to an industial estate at night and play the Spectomagic music on a walkman :D

togasports

barnum42 said:
To be honest there is not a lot to see - just the backs of industial units, refuse facilities and cars. To get a similar experience just go to an industial estate at night and play the Spectomagic music on a walkman :D

Hahaha At Epcot, Studios I agree, at MK you will be stopped in the tunnels if you are not in costume or dont have an ID around your neck. AK is kinda cool because it is more wilderness-like.

tigger248

WDWKat26 said:
Backstage where?

If you're talking about all of the parks, no you're not allowed to, whether you are with a CM or not. The most backstage you'll get is at MGM on the backlot tour :) Plus, if a CM gets caught with someone who isn't a CM backstage, they can get into serious trouble.

If you're caught backstage with a cm, that cm gets fired. My ex-room mate from the college program had that happen to her. I, personally, was happy to see her go (we didn't get along at all!). Anyways, she had a friend come to visit her and she took him on a tour of the tunnels and it was adios.

I was in the tunnel once without my id. I had dropped it between the seats in my car and hadn't found it. It was a huge hassle to get to work, because phone calls and everything had to be made to make sure I really was supposed to be there. Even after all that, I was stopped several times in the tunnel and questioned because my id wasn't hanging around my neck. Luckily I had my vista way id and a valid excuse. As soon as I got off work I went and tore my car apart to find the id.

I agree that there's not a whole lot to see backstage. But, curiosity is always there, especially for those who have never been able to see the area. I know I sure was curious about the tunnels and such before I was a cp. And I remember how excited I was the first time I entered the tunnel. Ah memories.

Dean[AU]

I believe a exit for the last Fantasmic showing of the night, or priorty seating, leads you through some backstage at MGM, past the strollerpark

mikeymouse

Original Poster
togasports said:
Hahaha At Epcot, Studios I agree, at MK you will be stopped in the tunnels if you are not in costume or dont have an ID around your neck. AK is kinda cool because it is more wilderness-like.
Ive been in the tunnels once before. (tour) We entered by SGE. It was an awesome experience.

brkgnews

togasports said:
Of course, at AK, wander the wrong way and you could get mauled :eek: :lol:

mikeymouse

Original Poster
Dean[AU] said:
I believe a exit for the last Fantasmic showing of the night, or priorty seating, leads you through some backstage at MGM, past the strollerpark
Yea, that was very surprising ... when ur leaving, go through the left hand side instead of the way you came in and you'll come out by Beauty and the Beast. We passed a trailer and they had some CM's stopping you from going anywhere else. Thought we'd come out by the gas station, but we didn't.

tigger248

mikeymouse said:
Yea, that was very surprising ... when ur leaving, go through the left hand side instead of the way you came in and you'll come out by Beauty and the Beast. We passed a trailer and they had some CM's stopping you from going anywhere else. Thought we'd come out by the gas station, but we didn't.

I don't know if it still is this way or not, but in 2001 we did the fantasmic dinner package and they took us back by the gas station and followed that backstage path all the way to the theater/stadium. I don't remember a whole lot because it's been 3 years, but I saw the stroller storage area and I remember seeing some sort of countdown the cms had going until 100 years of magic would begin. It was quite a hike, but cool to be backstage.

Woody13

Find a Wal-Mart in your local area and go behind the building until you find the dumpsters. That is a close assimilation of backstage at WDW.

Atta83

Woody13 said:
Find a Wal-Mart in your local area and go behind the building until you find the dumpsters. That is a close assimilation of backstage at WDW.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

WDWKat26

Woody13 said:

Haha, well it is true! Just a lot of trash bins and stuff, nothing really too "Magical". I think it's so much better for guests (even those who like to play dumb and somehow wander backstage) to just stay in the parks because who knows what you might run into that could spoil the magic for you and/or your kids. It's for the best, trust me. Long story short though, I was working one day at Chef Mickey's and we had a 12 year old girl come backstage (she was autistic) and needless to say it wasn't a pretty sight. I hope to never see that again.

amfail20

backstage

For all those interested there isnt a lot to see at EPCOT when it comes to backstage..

For MGM... nothing too special... yeah for CMs it nice to be able to get from one place to another! For the Fantasmic Dinner pkg you do go backstage a little bit, that was as of last summer.

AK just craziness!

MK- everything is under so nothing special.. except short cuts and nothing fun to see :(

djronnieb

backstage

About 8 years ago my high school band played in the Main Street 3pm Parade and they had us line up back stage, I cant remember where we entered back stage, but I do remember security was all around us and one guy took a camera out of his pocket and security took it from him. Also there was a small creek running back stage and they had the old water floats sitting there from an old water parade they used to do on the lagoon. But thats all i remember from backstage even though we were back for about an hour waiting to get started. I think they may have brainwashed us so we wouldn't remember anything..

Ariel17

Woody13 said:

:lol:
Oh yes, all you need to is take a walk backstage at MGM to know all about that....X_O Oh god the smells... I was so grossed out on my first tour. Our facilitator from the Tower of Terror(who was the nicest guy, too-wish I could say his name!)told me I'd get used to it after a while, but even after 3 months, I never did. :brick:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom