Back from a WONDERFUL trip!!!

After the MOST MAGICAL 8 days in Disney World we are on our way back home to Boston! Since there are 30 not so magical hours we have to fill on a train, we decided to write out our trip report to fill up some time!

Day 1: May 31st we left cold and rainy Boston to board our train to Orlando. The train wasn’t too bad at all, it was just pretty long. Most of the trip was along the water so Nick got to check out the east coast a lot better then we had imagined we could.
We brought along a few DVD’s to keep ourselves busy and we downloaded some Disney movies on our laptop as well. Every stop we arrived at just made us so excited to know that we were THAT MUCH closer to Disney World!

We arrived in Orlando at noon on June 1st! We started off by heading to Downtown Disney to pick up our passes and get some lunch from Rainforest. I went to the Scrapbook store to check it out and I was very disappointed because there was nothing new there. There were very little new items.

We then went to our hotel to check in and unpack. We stayed at the Caribbean Beach and we were luckily placed in Aruba. The room was in a great location and it was pretty big! We went swimming and then took some showers. We unpacked and got dressed up to head over to the Wilderness campgrounds for the campfire with Chip & Dale. We made some smores and enjoyed the cartoons that were being played for a while. It was really fun but Nick was getting eaten ALIVE from all the bugs, so we had to get out of there! We headed off to Downtown Disney to catch a Caribbean bus and the Downtown Disney bus we were on ended up being a Caribbean bus and we got home much earlier then we had planned!

Day 2: June 2nd
At 6 am Mickey called us to wake us up and wish us a great day! We ate at our resort and then headed off to the Magic Kingdom!!! We were so excited. This was the first time that both Nick or I had ever been to the Magic Kingdom for the opening ceremonies and it was one of the most magical things either of us had ever seen. Mickey came out and opened the park for us and we could hardly wait to get in and start our trip! All of the characters from the opening ceremonies were out on Main St. taking pictures with guests. Nick and I went straight to Daisy because neither of us had ever seen her out before and she had a cute little pink dress and purple bow. Then we took a picture with Pinocchio and then over to Wendy and Peter Pan. It was a great start to our trip, because some of our most fun comes from taking pictures with new stars.

When we were done with the characters we took a beautiful stroll down Main St. for the first time since August, and could hardly contain our enjoyment. Peter Pan has always been one of Nick’s favorite rides so we were sure to hit that up first, then over to one of my favorites, the Haunted Mansion, then over to Pirates and then to Tomorrow Land for TTA. Took a walk over to ToonTown to check out what characters were in the ToonTown character tent, and got to take picture with CinderElla and Perla. The train pulled in to the ToonTown station and we hoped on board for my first WDW train ride.

At Frontier Land we got of the train and rode SPLASH MT. It was such a blast and I knew we were gonna have to ride it many more times this trip. On our way to Adventure Land we ran into Genie, Aladdin, and Jafar, but only got a picture with Aladdin because the other two had to “find Iago”. So we decided to actually go find Iago, over at the Tiki room and were very surprised with the show, kind of scary for the kids, but it was a cute show overall. Grabbed some lunch over at the Lunching Pad and then met up with Minnie in front of the Castle for a great picture. We hoped on to the Jungle Cruise for a last ride before heading back to the hotel. Our skipper was good, some new jokes we had never heard, but he left out a lot of the old classics.

At the hotel we made sure to pick up our E-ride tickets for the next night, we took a dip in the pool and then got changed to go BACK to the Magic Kingdom for a night of rides, parades and fireworks. We got to ride Buzz Lightyear, and take a picture with Dale in the character tent before we got a seat for SpectroMagic in Frontier Land. It was great being back at MK at night with Nick and we shared some good moments. Then we darted down to the middle of Main St. for Fantasy in the Sky fireworks. The weather was great, and Main St. wasn’t that crowded at all for an amazing end to our first night in Disney World. Sadly though, it wasn’t the end to our first night in Disney World.

After the fireworks the bus for the Caribbean (and the All-Stars) was at least ten busses long and after about 45 minutes we just hoped onto a Swan and Dolphin bus. Luckly the bus driver was a good guy and dropped us and another family off at the Caribbean after the S and D. We were in our room at 11:00 and quickly fell right to sleep.

WAYYYYY MORE TO COME!!!!

(and I think I am going to save all my complaints till the very end! we had the most wonderful time and I want my post to be fun.... for now )

SlideOperatorCP

Original Poster
Day 3: June 3rd Our Anniversary!!!!
We woke up at 6 am to head over to MGM’s early morning hoping that we would get to take some great pictures with the Characters but there wasn’t one in sight! We were under the impression that there would be many of them out but there wasn’t a single one! So we watched Muppet 3D and then decided to head over to Blizzard Beach!

At Blizzard Beach we were among the first ones there which is really key to being able to ride all of the slides with little to no line! We did just that! We got to ride every ride (except for Summit and Slush) with no lines at all! Just as we were going to head into the creek to relax for a while (those stairs will kill ya’) we noticed that there were clouds all around us! Since we used to work at Blizzard Beach (last summer as CP’s) we knew that we had to HURRY and get out of there. We had a pretty jam packed day so sitting under a storm shelter waiting for a thunderstorm to pass was not going to slow our day down, so we got out of there and headed to our hotel!

It started POURING for about 2 hours! We ate at Old Port Royal and walked back to Aruba in the rain! When I got to my room I noticed that there were flowers on the table! Nick had sent me flowers for our anniversary!!!! It was so nice and they really added so much to our room! We took a small nap and then had to hurry to get ready for dinner at Cape May!

I had bought a beautiful white dress and Nick had on a very cute outfit and we headed out to MGM to take a boat to the Beach Club! Before it rained it was SO hot and sticky! But after the rain it was so much cooler and just really beautiful! Dinner was GREAT! We loved it!! There were so many options! He took a plate and one end and I took a plate and another end and we piled it on!!! We ate SOOOOOO much and it was amazing!
We took a few pictures and I saved so many of the clam shells and the taffy they gave me so I could make a cute picture frame! (I am a dork)

Then we were off to MK for E-RIDE! We were still dressed up because we wanted to take some anniversary pics in front of the castle (it is after all, the place of our first date )
The weather was AMAZING. There were cool breezes and no humidity (can you believe it??) We decided to change and put all our bags in a locker so we could go crazy on the rides! We rode Splash 3x’s, Buzz twice, and TTA and then it was time to leave because we spent so much time taking pictures!!!! We headed back to the Caribbean with no trouble at all! We had SO much fun on such a special day for us!!
:kiss:

more to come

Maria

I can´t believe it´s been already that long since you posted about packing the last things!
I can´t wait to read more! Sounds like a wonderful trip that I wish I could have done!
Congrats! :)

Krispe

Great trip report!!

Got a CBR question for you. We're thinking of requesting Aruba ourselves. How long would you say the walk was from your building to the food court? What building # were you in?

Also the campfire and smores sounds soooo good! Is there admission for this? I would love to do this!:D

SlideOperatorCP

Original Poster
hey!
We stayed in building #53.... it was about a 5 min walk and it was so so nice that you really don't even mind it at all! The only problem was that it seemed as though our Aruba bus stop was further then OPR... but that didn't really turn out to be a problem because we found that taking the bus from OPR was much easier.

The campfire was free and it was pretty cute... The smore kit cost about $4.00 (I think.,.. maybe less) and it came with ALOT of marshmellows, 2 full sized hershy bars, a package of grahm crackers, and 2 sticks. I think younger kids would like it but I really love that camp fire camping feeling... I was BY FAR the oldest "kid" cooking my marshmellows but it was worth it for Nick to have his first smore ever!!!

I am gonna get working on the rest of my report!!!! :D

SlideOperatorCP

Original Poster
Day 4: June 4th!!!

We woke up a little late (and late is 8:20 am when you are in Disney) We headed out to Epcot and ate Breakfast at the Electric Umbrella. I can not believe how small the meals were... Nick had 4 french toast sticks (it was equal to one slice of bread) and I had cereal and it was about $9.00 ... we were still hungry when we left and it was really hot so we got a little cranky!

We walked around the and looked at the roses and we walked through the Doggie Maze and that was SOOOO cute!!! We went to see Honey I shrunk the Audience and it was cute but I had NO IDEA I would be moving around... I get motion sickness pretty bad! We then headed over to World Showcase and I bought some candy in Japan and we had a Margartita in Mexico... there was an hour wait for Test Track and the fast pass return was for four hours later so we decided to head out!

We went over to Beaches and Cream for lunch and we were STARVING!!! Nick got a double burger and I had a chicken sandwhich... we then had THE BEST strawberry shortcake EVER... I love their Angel food cake!

GUESS WHAT... when we were there we noticed that they were checking resort ID's at the pool and giving out bracelets! (for all you pool hopping buffs)
It started to pour and we headed to our hotel we were MISERABLE!!!! It was soooo rainy for so long! we sat on the bed and just pouted when we finally just looked at each other and sad.... who cares... we'll go to Magic Kingdom and get SOAKED... and that's just what we did!!!!

With Poncho in hand we headed over and we rode Splash and Buzz and splashed around untill the parade started... we then QUICKLY left and jumped on the monorail to the Poly and got a PERFECT spot on the beach and watched the fireworks from our own little spot!!! It was VERY VERY romantic!!!! We took a miserable situation and turned it into such a carefree romantic night!

Day 5: June 5th

So we woke up and Nickwas SOOOO sick! Maybe it was the splashing all over Magic Kingdom... but all I know is he was sooo stuffy! We bought some benadryl (the one thing I didn't pack :lol: ) and he seemed to be okay.

We headed over to the Wilderness for the Trails End breakfast buffet and OHMYGOD!!! IT WAS AMAZING! There was SOOOO much food and it was everything that I like! We ate like kings!

We then planned on doing mouse boats... but then we would have to be apart and we just couldn't bare it :hurl: ;) So we got a 21 foot pontoon so we could be together (it actually ends up being like $2 cheaper then 2 mice) ... we had so much fun driving out in front of the kingdom and we took some AWESOME pics of the castle, the train station, and the monorail with us in front of all three... GREAT PICS!!!

After that we headed over to DownTown and we did a little shopping... we bought a Christmas Ornament and a few other things... and then I got a HUGE headache!!! I am talking unreal... it might have been a migrane but I don't know cause I don't know if I have ever had one... but it was UNREAL!!! Nick also was getting worse and worse so we called it quits... for the night... and it was only 2 pm... it was so hard for us to stay in with having Disney World at our feet but we had no choice.. our bodies were aching and we were seriously limping from all the walking we had been doing (and running up Blizzard's stairs 10 times, and splashing... ext) so we took that night as a rest and we felt A MILLION times better the next day!

still working....

Maria

Originally posted by SlideOperatorCP
It was soooo rainy for so long! we sat on the bed and just pouted when we finally just looked at each other and sad.... who cares... we'll go to Magic Kingdom and get SOAKED... and that's just what we did!!!!

I was seriously expecting you would say "we looked at each other and said... who cares... we´ll stay in! :slurp: "
Maybe you wouldn´t have got sick if you had done what I thought... hehehe :D :animwink: j/k

I would love to see those pictures from the boats! I guess you got the migraine because of the sun though... maybe it was too strong?

Enjoying your report! Thanks! :)

Krispe

So what kind of food did they serve at the Trails End breakfast buffet? Where exactly is it at and how much was it for adults? Me and my boyfriend love to eat so if I hear a good review I want to check it out!!! ha ha! :slurp: :slurp:

SlideOperatorCP

Original Poster
Day 6: June 6th

We woke up at 6am and we were feeling SOOOOO much better! We jumped up, got dressed, and the bus to AK's early entry we went straight to It's Tough to be a Bug and walked around and then decided to head over to Rainforest for breakfast. I wasn't too hungry so I got cereal and they gave me SO MUCH.. I was thrilled! Nick got the Tonga Toast and we really liked it!
Then we headed back into AK and rode Kali river ( it was okay) Then we headed over to Camp Minnie Mickey and took pictures with the characters... more on that in my "complaints"section :mad:

Then we headed over to MGM, it was UNREAL how hot it was... we did Milionare and I must say that the new host (well, new to me) is SO HANDSOME.... Nick and I had so much fun making fun of my crush! After I took a picture with the host we headed over to see the little mermaid... we had never seen it before and we LOVED IT! I really think it was cute... does anyone know if Ariel sings live... her voice was a little... um... off. It then was WAY too hot to stay another second in that park so we went to our hotel cause we had dinner reservations.

We got to the Wilderness Lodge at 5:30 four our Wispering Canyon reservations. I had heard great things about it so I wanted to check it out. The food was okay... Nick LOVED it so much the pulled pork and the ribs were right up his ally... but I had no idea what a "family style buffet" meant... but I thought that there were going to be WAY more options but there weren;t.. the food was okay in my opinion but really, Nick loved it!!

We then headed off to another rainy E-ride night and had a blast!!! we rode Splash twice and then I took enough dramamine to think that I could take on Space mountain (I get WICKED sick on rides but I have tried every one at least oncde to say that I did it... but I had to tackle Space)... but OF COURSE the one night I was going to do it, they had closed it! There was something wrong with it! SOOOOOOO we jumped on the TTA and rode through Space with the lights on!!! It was SOOOOOOOO NEAT!!!! WE took SO many pictures! I really hope that they come out as awesome as it looked in there!!! I was so impressed and I am by no means a person who (I thought) would get excited by that!

We rode Buzz twice more and then Splash again AND THEN they let us stay on!!! We rode it four times! Then we headed off to our hotel and had turned it for the night so we could wake up and do it all over again!!!

and if you are counting... yeah, we went to Magic Kingdom EVERYDAY... except the day we were sick (cause then we just drove a boat in front of it!)

2 more days to go!

SlideOperatorCP

Original Poster
Day 7: June 7th

Today we slept REALLY late.. 9:30!!! We grabed some breakfast and bought some things from the gift shop at the Carabbean,... I am going to make the CUTEST scrapbook and we bought a photo album ... we already had 8 rolls of film to develop! We packed up and just hung out.

We decided to make reservations at Crystal Palace and head over to MK... AGAIN! We got a little dressed up and had some fun there! It was Gay Day and there were SO many people... I mean, the lines were CRAZY. The Pirates line was ALLLLL the way out of the pavillion... I was shocked! We didn't even try to get on any rides but we grabed a fast pass for Peter Pan and the return time was like 4 hours later! So we just kinda hung out and people watched for a while. It was such a strange mix of people there.

We watched the 3 O'clock parade and it was a little out of line...
it seemed as though people were forgeting that no matter what day it was there was still thousands of little kids EVERYWHERE.... There were ALOT of coments being made that made ME blush never mind a mom with her 4 year old. I was offended by some of the things that were said but the parade was REALLY fun to watch. There were just WAY to many people there and it was so hot that I really almost passed out.

Our 4 Oclock reservations for the Crystal Palace were up and we went over... again, SOOOOO many people!!!! The food was AMAZING! I am talking GREAT food! Everything was so great! The green beans and the salmon... and the dessert! Oh my! Nick LOVED the Tirimisu.... okay, there was no alcohol in it... and they use like, pound cake instead of lady fingers... but he really liked it for what it was even if it wasn;t actually tirimisu! The Red Velvet was SOOOOO Yummy! and our view was great! There was the cutest little boy right next to us who was getting tickeled by Pooh. SO cute!

We then went back to our hotel to change and get ready for Fantasmic! We had the BEST seats... but we got pretty wet from all the mist.,.. but it was okay!!! We had a lot of fun! It was the best way to spend our last night on our vacation. BUT... I do have a complaint and I am gonna save it for my complaint section. We just went home and fell asleep THE second our heads hit the pillows! (we had to wake up at 6 to head over to MK)

SlideOperatorCP

Original Poster
Our last day... June 8th!
We woke up at 6 am and we brought our bags down and had headed over to MK... we spent every day there so why not!
We rode IASW, Snow white, Pirates, and Spash 3x's before noon!!! We wanted to ride it four times but it broke down while we were on it and they had to cut allll the power to the ride! Talk about weird!
we took pics with Timone... and he was pretending to have a crush on me and it was so cute because he wouldn't let Nick in the picture with us and when he started to leave he was waving at me. SO cute! Nick had one with Jasmine and then we both took one with Dopey! It was a wonderful trip!
We then headed to the train station and settled in for 30 hours of travel!!!!

We are home now and let me tell you, it was fun but it is so nice for us to be in our own bed!!!

we would love to post pics of us but they are REALLY only of us! hahaha we have NO pictures of anything without our faces in front of it...well, except for the space mountain pics.,.. that was WAY to cool to jump in front of and smile!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom