Awesome Cast Member at The Haunted Mansion

Yert3

Original Poster
It's tour group season, and we all know what that means. Now, domestic guests are loud and rude enough, but the tour groups take it to a whole new level. Anyways, they were being loud and rude as usual in the stretching room at The Haunted Mansion. A place where I particularly hate loud guests. This is where something happened that I have never witnessed before.

The cast member present with us said in a loud and stern voice "SILENCE PLEASE", and that shut them up real quick. This was great, but also surprising to me. We all know that Disney loves to kiss butt. It was surprising to see a cast member essentially telling people to shut up.

It would be great if this is a new policy at HM and not a rogue CM that hates rudeness, but I wouldn't count on it. Anyways, I just thought I'd share that with you guys, since I know all of you hate the stretching room rudeness as well.

Cmdr_Crimson

Oh I have a story...During my Jan 2016 trip I went on RnRc and while I was in the single riders queue at least 8 Tour groups got into the main queue and started chanting....They kept this going even getting to the loading area...When all of a sudden a CM got on the PA Stating "Tour Groups please do not chant or we will ask you and your entire parties to leave imediately!" It was quiet after that and what they did was push all 8 groups to go ahead of the regular guests to get them through the ride which took another 10 mins...But, they were quiet after the PA announcement...

huwar18

It's tour group season, and we all know what that means. Now, domestic guests are loud and rude enough, but the tour groups take it to a whole new level. Anyways, they were being loud and rude as usual in the stretching room at The Haunted Mansion. A place where I particularly hate loud guests. This is where something happened that I have never witnessed before.

The cast member present with us said in a loud and stern voice "SILENCE PLEASE", and that shut them up real quick. This was great, but also surprising to me. We all know that Disney loves to kiss butt. It was surprising to see a cast member essentially telling people to shut up.

It would be great if this is a new policy at HM and not a rogue CM that hates rudeness, but I wouldn't count on it. Anyways, I just thought I'd share that with you guys, since I know all of you hate the stretching room rudeness as well.

I feel like the Haunted Mansion CMs have a little more lead way to be stern with guest. It basically would come off as being part of the show. I always thought that would be a plus to working at the HM.

_mickey_

I feel like the Haunted Mansion CMs have a little more lead way to be stern with guest. It basically would come off as being part of the show. I always thought that would be a plus to working at the HM.

This. Being stern is definitely part of their character. I've heard the deadpan "Silence Please" from HM CMs a few times.

That being said, I've not seen loud tour groups be reprimanded much elsewhere. Obnoxiously loud groups (and those groups where "rules don't apply to them") are a giant pet peeve of mine. I can understand group mentality and wanting to have fun (especially if they're kids), but when you start screaming non-stop at the top of your lungs for minutes on end or endangering people, you can kindly p'ss off.

huwar18

This. Being stern is definitely part of their character. I've heard the deadpan "Silence Please" from HM CMs a few times.

That being said, I've not seen loud tour groups be reprimanded much elsewhere. Obnoxiously loud groups (and those groups where "rules don't apply to them") are a giant pet peeve of mine. I can understand group mentality and wanting to have fun (especially if they're kids), but when you start screaming non-stop at the top of your lungs for minutes on end or endangering people, you can kindly p'ss off.

I completely agree. That is a huge pet peeve of mine, too.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom