Next Big Thing

just wanted to repost this...this was what tim was saying two years ago
I think we are seeing a lot of what he is talking about though. The park is getting a nighttime show, a show on ToL, expanded walkways, new walkways, expanded Harambe, Avatar, new animal exhibits/shows, etc.

All of that together is much more than FLE, but less than DCA. I don't think he meant necessarily any other expansions beyond Avatar, but the park as a whole is seeing a lot of growth.

No Name

My new prediction is this will be open NLT April 13th 2017. And possibly much sooner. Just an educated guess.

Was it necessary to bump a thread from over a year ago, especially when your post is in no way related to the topic of the thread?

Anyway, I would confidently bet that your "educated" guess will be wrong. At least it's a brave prediction (before the summer season and even before Earth Day).

jt04

Was it necessary to bump a thread from over a year ago, especially when your post is in no way related to the topic of the thread?

Anyway, I would confidently bet that your "educated" guess will be wrong. At least it's a brave prediction (before the summer season and even before Earth Day).

Oops, just saw May in the date and not 2015. But yeah, I think it opens sooner than our insiders have told us.

Wdw62114

I'm guessing Avatarland will open in summer 2018 and the land will blow away any of the attractions we saw at Shanghai. If it doesnt, I will lose all hope for Disney imagineering on future projects at WDW

Wdw62114

Understandable, but a full year?
Well wasnt originally Disney Springs was supposed to be fully completed by this past spring? Looks like everything will be fully done by this fall (6months behind). Rivers of light delayed until probably fall (possibly 6 months behind). Figured with this being a whole land expansion with rides, its safe to double the current delay times we've been seeing

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Well wasnt originally Disney Springs was supposed to be fully completed by this past spring? Looks like everything will be fully done by this fall (6months behind). Rivers of light delayed until probably fall (possibly 6 months behind). Figured with this being a whole land expansion with rides, its safe to double the current delay times we've been seeing
Avatar has already been delayed. When first announced in 2011 the expected open date was late 2015 so if it opens in 2017 it will technically already be almost 2 years late;)

danlb_2000

Premium Member

From the original announcement of Disney Springs:

"The expansion will open in phases and we expect to complete our development in 2016." The vast majority will be done by the end of the year.

mickey v-neck

Avatar has already been delayed. When first announced in 2011 the expected open date was late 2015 so if it opens in 2017 it will technically already be almost 2 years late;)

I'm not sure but I think you're conflating two different things. Wasn't the delay because the two sides were trying to come together on the actual plan for this land? I don't think it is because building the thing is taking longer than expected. I guess a delay is a delay, though.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I'm not sure but I think you're conflating two different things. Wasn't the delay because the two sides were trying to come together on the actual plan for this land? I don't think it is because building the thing is taking longer than expected. I guess a delay is a delay, though.
Yep, it wasn't construction delays. It was a delay in the start of construction. So far construction seems to be mostly on track. It's hard to believe it would take more than 3 years to build a land which is on isolated land in an existing park. It's not like FLE where they had to work around active park areas, but this is Disney and they do work slow so you never know.

Wdw62114

Yep, it wasn't construction delays. It was a delay in the start of construction. So far construction seems to be mostly on track. It's hard to believe it would take more than 3 years to build a land which is on isolated land in an existing park. It's not like FLE where they had to work around active park areas, but this is Disney and they do work slow so you never know.
Yeah I totally agree. I just don't get why it takes so long for Disney to build things. I really do hope i'm wrong though because it gives me a reason to have to go next year :) I do hope they delay it though to get it fine tuned and not rush and half-@ss finishing just to make a finish date........yeah im looking at you "Frozen Ever After" :p

rioriz

Im still thinking August-Sept. There is currently prop instilation occuring and contracted through the end of the year.

However, there are a things that were to be installed, larger outdoor things, that i know have not even been delivered yet and were supposed to be...

twebber55

Im still thinking August-Sept. There is currently prop instilation occuring and contracted through the end of the year.

However, there are a things that were to be installed, larger outdoor things, that i know have not even been delivered yet and were supposed to be...
also remember projects slow down and speed up sometimes they get behind but can get caught up

rioriz

also remember projects slow down and speed up sometimes they get behind but can get caught up

sure and those things are most likely in a waiting space and can be installed fairly quick....the catch is having enough testing time for them

Disney cannot afford another half arsed opening

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom