Jabbas

Did they have the night time stuff running for the media event or will tonight be the first time it is out in full force?

They were pictures all over Insragram with Pandora light up the last few nights. Some were posted here too I just don't remember what thread.

No Name

That's disgusting. Whoever had the picture photoshopped has serious issues.

People join and leave a company all the time. Those 3 individuals were all present at the groundbreaking ceremony. They all played a role in the project. None of them were convicted of any terrible crime, or made the company look bad. In fact, they all resigned. What's wrong with keeping them in the photo? Why replace them with random faces?

All that this childish crap does is raise eyebrows. I hope someone with a sense of respect and appreciation has this taken down or replaced.

I can't speak on Landau's hair. Whoever had that part photoshopped is just strange.

No Name

There are subtle differences. Very weird. I do understand removing the name tags, as you are on a distant planet, and not in Florida anymore.

Is replacing the heads of three people subtle?

And... oh dear. I guess Disney name tags make sense in lands themed to colonial America, Africa, Asia, the frontier, a street in Missouri, Hollywood, etc, but not in Pandora? Of course people wore Disney name tags in 1776, but they don't on Pandora?
The "not on earth" justification is ridiculous.

It is funny. And weird. I can't imagine this was approved up the chain. The photoshop is bad, obvious and insulting to the folks who were given graceful public exits.

Why do I think someone higher up the chain ordered this? I have no basis for saying that, just a weird feeling.

Rodan75

Why do I think someone higher up the chain ordered this? I have no basis for saying that, just a weird feeling.

I just don't buy that Chapek or above authorized this. Only Vaughn got a less than graceful exit. It feels more like someone no higher than mid-manager level with an axe to grind authorized it thinking they were doing 'Walt's Work'.

Normally if you provide an exec a graceful exit, you don't follow it up in a public petty way. I wouldn't be surprised if in the next few weeks the pic is replaced.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Four faces were replaced, including Landau's (the new face has an open teeth-showing smile that wasn't there before). But Landau is still around and on the project.

Therefore, the claim that 'fired people' are 'being erased' is FALSE. It is demonstrably not true.

So why were those four photoshopped and not the other two? No one knows at this point.

Rteetz

Four faces were replaced, including Landau's (the new face has an open teeth-showing smile that wasn't there before). But Landau is still around and on the project.

Therefore, the claim that 'fired people' are 'being erased' is FALSE. It is demonstrably not true.

So why were those four photoshopped and not the other two? No one knows at this point.
Well three of those four were completely changed and those three are no longer with the company. Jon's face was made to look like his Marshall Lamb character from ACE. I believe that is the reason.

Magenta Panther

To be fair, it looks like one has to actually visit this place to gauge its effectiveness and appeal. The pictures don't relay the sounds and so forth from Pandora.

But going by the pictures and videos, the River Journey, to me, looks like what would happen if someone resurrected Dr. Seuss, hit him up on some good old-fashioned '70's LSD, and asked him to design a terrarium. And the blue kittycat shaman looks fricken creepy IMO.

The Flight of Passage looks like another screen ride where your seat jumps up and down. Impossible to judge its effectiveness from videos or pictures. So no comment.

The Banshee Adoption Center features some truly cute stuffed animals. And you get to adopt them! Disney's answer to Ollivander's, I suppose. Those toys aren't bad for the price. Unfortunately, when I showed pictures of them to my stuffed plush Maleficent (who has a permanent home on my couch), she thought they looked like butt. There you have it. :happy:

Tay

I've always been in the this movie sucks but Idc because I want something new camp. I thought they would struggle with merchandise sales but they barely have merchandise of those ugly, creepy, blue things. Instead they created amazing merch not based on them. I love the My Little Pony inspired plushies and I definitely want a $50 banshee.

I would love for Disney to give a healthy budget like this to the imagineers to create a non IP based land.

I really wish Disney would add some traditional food to their nice themed restaurants. They could get creative with it. Banshee shaped chicken nuggets, Blue hamburger buns, popular salad dressings, etc.

Cosmic Commando

I really wish Disney would add some traditional food to their nice themed restaurants. They could get creative with it. Banshee shaped chicken nuggets, Blue hamburger buns, popular salad dressings, etc.
It's certainly quirky, but I don't think the food is as weird as it appears. You can get pretty normally-spiced beef and chicken over rice, potatoes, or potato chips. There's a cheeseburger, but it's served like a Sloppy Joe in a steamed bun. The kids menu has pigs-in-a-blanket and quesadillas.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom