Incomudro

Oh, I know it will be impeccably themed.

Simpsons has the worst loading procedure in Orlando - endless ramps leading to endless waiting. I hope (and expect) that Disney found a more elegant solution for their multi-story ride.

When we rode Simpsons last year, there was virtually no one else on it - besides our family of four.
So, we went through all of that as a walk on.
In truth, the whole procedure was more fun than the ride itself.

FerretAfros

A friend of mine posted this on FB, about a CM friend who is training for FOP:

My CM friend got to ride Flight of Passage yesterday as part of her training for the ride. She said it was amazing. Apparently waist size may prohibit some riders (one CM did not fit and is on a mandatory diet). And she said if you are over 6'4" it might be uncomfortable. There will be a sample outside the ride entrance to try first.

She says there's almost zero signage, only totem posts for bathrooms and small wait time signs. Nothing that makes it obvious where queue entrances are.

And she saw the bioluminescence for the first time and gushed about how pretty it is.

It's surprising that they've decided to take such a minimal approach to signage. When DAK first opened there was also very little signage, with the thought that it would force guests to explore off the beaten path. Instead, guests got frustrated that they couldn't find what they were looking for, and the park now has more wayfinding signage than any other (including lots of signs pointing to individual attractions, when one for the general land would probably be good enough). It sounds like this is an intentional design "feature", rather that simply not yet being installed

How long do we think it will be before directional signs and attraction marquees are added? Let's put the over/under at 6 months...

TTA94

Is the bioluminescent ground guest will walk on outside of the attractions or part of the queue (guessing the River Journey)?

Bolt

My CM friend got to ride Flight of Passage yesterday as part of her training for the ride. She said it was amazing. Apparently waist size may prohibit some riders (one CM did not fit and is on a mandatory diet). And she said if you are over 6'4" it might be uncomfortable. There will be a sample outside the ride entrance to try first.

She says there's almost zero signage, only totem posts for bathrooms and small wait time signs. Nothing that makes it obvious where queue entrances are.

And she saw the bioluminescence for the first time and gushed about how pretty it is.

It's surprising that they've decided to take such a minimal approach to signage. When DAK first opened there was also very little signage, with the thought that it would force guests to explore off the beaten path. Instead, guests got frustrated that they couldn't find what they were looking for, and the park now has more wayfinding signage than any other (including lots of signs pointing to individual attractions, when one for the general land would probably be good enough). It sounds like this is an intentional design "feature", rather that simply not yet being installed

How long do we think it will be before directional signs and attraction marquees are added? Let's put the over/under at 6 months...
The attraction signage is a tad misleading in this post. The wait time signs are the same there as any other attraction.

No Name

The only similarity being you need to gain height in the queue. This will be the best themed queue.

Not just better... you say, best? Color me excited.

Just a question, for you or anyone who may know. I can tell where you enter the Navi River Journey queue, but the whole maze of pathways on the right side of the land confuses me.

Do you enter the Flight of Passage queue where I circled in blue? And then the start of queue is the pathway to the right? Or is that just a "trail" of sorts?

image.png

TTA94

Just a question, for you or anyone who may know. I can tell where you enter the Navi River Journey queue, but the whole maze of pathways on the right side of the land confuses me.

Do you enter the Flight of Passage queue where I circled in blue? And then the start of queue is the pathway to the right? Or is that just a "trail" of sorts?

View attachment 200969

Yikes! If that building on the right is for Navi River Journey that looks tiny! Lookes like the size of a restaurant.

No Name

Yikes! If that building on the right is for Navi River Journey that looks tiny!

No no, that building you speak of is the gift shop. Navi River Journey's building is attached to Flight of Passage's, hidden behind that mountain range in the back. The entrance to NRJ is in the back-left corner, out of view in this pic.

See the round overhang in the back-left corner?

image.jpeg

Last edited:

TTA94

No no, Navi River Journey's building is attached to Flight of Passage's, hidden behind that mountain range in the back. The entrance to NRJ is in the back left corner, out of view in this pic.

(I'll find a pic of NRJ entrance and add it)

Oh ok, phew! Lol.

Bolt

View attachment 200969
Your circle is accurate - it's a big queue. FastPass, of course, is much shorter.

Casper Gutman

The size thing is interesting. One thing WDW does much better then Uni is accommodate guests of all sizes and body types. Since we first saw the FoP seats, I've been wondering if a significant number of guests would have trouble fitting into them. If so, it may turn out to be the first ride at WDW that a lot of guests aren't able to ride due to body type.

Thrill Seeker

Don't trust who wrote this (the person who wrote this on FB, not the OP).

capang

The size thing is interesting. One thing WDW does much better then Uni is accommodate guests of all sizes and body types. Since we first saw the FoP seats, I've been wondering if a significant number of guests would have trouble fitting into them. If so, it may turn out to be the first ride at WDW that a lot of guests aren't able to ride due to body type.
There was the same hubbub about 7DMT. I'm a larger person and rode that one with plenty of wiggle room. WDW really does accommodate more body types than any other theme park, thrill park, amusement park I've ever been to. Once more previews are going we will have a better idea if some will be unable to ride.

Cesar R M

Oh, I know it will be impeccably themed.

Simpsons has the worst loading procedure in Orlando - endless ramps leading to endless waiting. I hope (and expect) that Disney found a more elegant solution for their multi-story ride.
perhaps something like E.T.? they have 2 pronged loading system.

Cesar R M

The site which cannot be named has a picture of these. I describes them with this quote:

"Banshee Connect” service is where you will be matched with a tiny version of the beast; a robotic creature that you can take home with you for a price.
So, its pretty much their version of the Harry Potter wand experience?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
The attraction signage is a tad misleading in this post. The wait time signs are the same there as any other attraction.

As long as you can read Na'vi numerals. Which in are base 6.

I really hope the force perspective isnt ruined when you're too close to the rockwork in the queue, like Hogwarts is.

The force perspective will be in Star Wars Land, not here.

:D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom