1. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Pandora - The World of Avatar' started by wdwmagic, Sep 21, 2011.

1. Mike S

Mike S Well-Known Member

That shouldn't even have been a lesson they had to learn. Working out kinks is common knowledge.

2. ABQ

ABQ Well-Known Member

And always has been, these sort of kinks are hopefully no more prevalent than they were decades ago. What certainly is more prevalent is the insight we have into them through social media and leaks.

Marc Davis Fan and Mike S like this.
  3. Princess Leia

Princess Leia Well-Known Member

I know, but yet Frozen's opening day happened, and the ride wasn't ready for daily use.

At least there are multiple theaters, so if one goes down, others can still be used (right?)

4. Disneyhead'71

Disneyhead'71 Well-Known Member

You have to remember this is a forum fill with Disney fans, which isn't the heartiest of demographics. We're talking to folks that believe Muppetvision is a ride. Someone here actually said, "I prefer the rides that don't move."

Ummm, that's not a ride.

I'm actually glad Disney finally built something not aimed at 3 month olds and octogenarians.

(Puts on flame suit)

5. Princess Leia

Princess Leia Well-Known Member

Huge pet peeve- "Stitch is a lame ride."

It's not a ride. Just like Muppets, and Phillarmagic, it's never been a ride. They only strap you into that thing so you can't get out!

PrestonR7, Mike S, Cesar R M and 5 others like this.
  6. MisterPenguin

MisterPenguin Premium Member

Flight of the Banshee may not be ready either, we don't know. But that's what happens when you announce a date...

Princess Leia likes this.
  7. Cesar R M

Cesar R M Well-Known Member

Hopefully we wont get a repeat of of the drama caused by the issues with ROL

brb1006 and Princess Leia like this.
  8. mnelson3

mnelson3 Well-Known Member

Navi River Journey is ready correct?

My expectations of the River Journey is sadly pretty low, as I think they should be, based on what's been said with there being no "thrill" factor and it being equal if not shorter than Frozen Ever After :rolleyes:.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2017
  9. MisterPenguin

MisterPenguin Premium Member

Aww, main, if Flight of the Banshee is so nauseating that it makes me vomit, then I'll be able to go back to Tiffins for another meal! Great!

hpyhnt 1000, fizzyjax, egg and 2 others like this.
  10. Cesar R M

Cesar R M Well-Known Member

They just need to tweak the motion blur. Excesive Motion blur in 3d environments kills me in Transformers, but the action looks pretty fine in Spiderman.

brb1006 likes this.
  11. RH Kelly

RH Kelly Well-Known Member

Im actually looking forward to it with the understanding that there will be little 'thrill'.

12. mnelson3

mnelson3 Well-Known Member

I am still looking forward to it, more so than FoP. The lack of thrill I can get over but I would be very happy to find out the reports of it being as short as Frozen were false lol.

RH Kelly likes this.
  13. RH Kelly

RH Kelly Well-Known Member

This I can agree with. Alas we are now in the age of quick fixes. Cant stay focused for 2 mins without getting antsy.

mnelson3 likes this.
  14. Casper Gutman

Casper Gutman Well-Known Member

Well, in the Transformers films, the characters ARE nothing but big blurs. There's the yellow blur, the reddish blur, and various grey blurs.

15. hakunamatata

hakunamatata Smells Like Victory Premium Member

Im not sure the Pandoran water has made it hereyet.

16. rioriz

rioriz Well-Known Member

Sorry for the lateness, readying my move back to the Sunshine State...

Here's how I understand the first 30 sec of FoP go. Sit in seat...connect with your vehicle...yes some use of augmented like reality...shield is down...dramatic music...things go dark...shield raises...still dark...talking us through what's about to occur...then boom! Vehicle pushes you out and down! Pushing you out and the glasses help make it a more intimate experience that Soarin....hides the technology

Last edited: Apr 21, 2017
  17. Casper Gutman

Casper Gutman Well-Known Member

I'm really curious - can any of our insiders comment on the use of augmented reality in FoP? People keep theorizing about it, and it seems logical, but I don't think we've seen any evidence of it.

18. rioriz

rioriz Well-Known Member

The reason no one is going all in for augmented because by definition you won't be able to look left and right and see full Banshee bodies and your buds flying along with you....with the movement of the vehicle and the view ahead it will mimic reality that is meant to be

Just look forward...there is much much to see

19. TyTrap

TyTrap Well-Known Member

how about the banshees at windtraders? I heard there will be an experience there where you get linked to a banshee and then can purchase it. Apparently they have robotics in them. Any truth to this?

20. danlb_2000

danlb_2000 Premium Member

The site which cannot be named has a picture of these. I describes them with this quote:

"Banshee Connect” service is where you will be matched with a tiny version of the beast; a robotic creature that you can take home with you for a price.