RSoxNo1

It was rumored to have a similar ride system to Shanghai pirates. This ride will have the incredible Navi AA though.
Shanghai Pirates has some pretty decent Animatronics as well. It also has the skeleton to Jack Sparrow transition effect which is awesome.

Having said that, I'm really looking forward to this ride and wished it was a bit longer than the rumors.

WildcatDen

Its been announced by Disney with the opening date of Pandora,
I am not sure you got the point of my post. I know the date has been announced. I will be there the week before. My point was how far ranging the estimates from some insiders was. We had some saying late Spring and others saying things slid to late Summer or even Fall. Just curious, that is all.

HauntedMansionFLA

I am not sure you got the point of my post. I know the date has been announced. I will be there the week before. My point was how far ranging the estimates from some insiders was. We had some saying late Spring and others saying things slid to late Summer or even Fall. Just curious, that is all.
Hopefully you will get to experience the land with a soft opening.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
We know that pretty much from the start of this project there were some people within the company that didn't like the idea and were probably hoping for a failure. My guess is that the wide range of both negative and positive info comes from the fact that the project itself is very contentious. People seem to either love it or hate it. That's also probably why the negative stuff came out in the beginning about the project being on life support or potentially cancelled and why some people were still saying it was behind schedule or having issues. It's like a political debate, people always tell the story with their own bias or spin to it and grab onto whatever info is available that fits their agenda. When the topic draws a lot of passion from both sides it's easy to see how the info coming out can be very different depending on which side people are on.

flyerjab

I found this intriguing about the Flight of Passage ride. Blog Mickey (on Twitter) spoke to a Pandora article in the latest Mickey Monitor addition. In the article Cameron talks about riding the FoP attraction. Of note was a comment he made where he used the phrase 'on my particular flight'. It almost makes it sound like he is hinting that there could be multiple ride videos, similar to Star Tours. As the Blog Mickey goes on to say, that would definitely increase repeat rides.

https://blogmickey.com/2017/03/addi...mickey-monitor-newsletter-annual-passholders/

Great catch by the Blog Mickey team. Will be curious to see if this is true or not.

Last edited:

doctornick

It's like a political debate, people always tell the story with their own bias or spin to it and grab onto whatever info is available that fits their agenda. When the topic draws a lot of passion from both sides it's easy to see how the info coming out can be very different depending on which side people are on.

This is such an important point when we look at the information being provided by "insiders". Even if the basis of the information is factual, it is being filtered through the bias of the person offering the information. I'm thankful, though, that we have a number of posters on these boards who provide insight in a relatively neutral manner.

BrianLo

This is such an important point when we look at the information being provided by "insiders". Even if the basis of the information is factual, it is being filtered through the bias of the person offering the information. I'm thankful, though, that we have a number of posters on these boards who provide insight in a relatively neutral manner.

This is an excellent point. It's important to know who is interested in various projects and who isn't. It changes the lens of the information, whether they intend to or not.

Which is partially why I perk up a bit that @WDW1974 is recently bordering on extremely positive about Pandora.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom